ADVERTISEMENT

RU rolls over SHU.

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
I am very happy that RU won but I hope Myles Powell recovers quickly. Many SHU fans ripped our schedule and how their playing RU would hurt their rankings. They ripped us for losing to St. Bonaventure and many predicted we would be no contest and they would crush us. They didn't see the beat down coming. We jumped on them 12-0 to start the game and increased the lead to 21 points when Powell was in the game. We crushed them on the boards i think 46-29. They will lose Gill, Powell and McKnight who are 3 of their better players. They ripped us when we got Harper and Mulcahy and asked how long it would be before they transferred. They criticized RU as being cellar dwellers in the BIG. Well the BIG is the best league in the country and Pikiell is showing that RU is pretty good. We will only lose Carter and Yeboah so I think the future looks pretty good for RU. Here's hoping we come ready to play after exams against a pretty good 6-2 Lafayette team.

First of all, any Seton Hall fan who has the audacity to criticize anything regarding Rutgers basketball is simply ignorant. Although I am a Seton Hall fan, I would never presume that our limited amount of recent success allows myself to denigrate another program. Unfortunately, I witnessed firsthand and in person today’s through beat down. Rutgers fans should be extremely proud and any negative talk by Seton Hall fans is short sighted and sour grapes. Congratulations on a great win.

First of all, any Seton Hall fan who has the audacity to criticize anything regarding Rutgers basketball is simply ignorant. Although I am a Seton Hall fan, I would never presume that our limited amount of recent success allows myself to denigrate another program. Unfortunately, I witnessed firsthand and in person today’s through beat down. Rutgers fans should be extremely proud and any negative talk by Seton Hall fans is short sighted and sour grapes. Congratulations on a great win.
Thanks for being a good sport and hope Myles has a speedy recovery!

A, I didn't see such discourse...but 1212 is more connected than me.
B, both fanebase's have their share. This is Jersey, lol.
C, we're back.

SOSHU, You definitely made a true classy post. I know there are jerks on the RU board as well but many SHU posters on their board trash RU every single day. They complained how playing us would not be a Tier One win and would hurt their rankings. Many said it was a waste of time to play us and wish they didn't have to. Constant comments were made that it must be nice to be in the basement of the BIG 10.

SOSHU, You definitely made a true classy post. I know there are jerks on the RU board as well but many SHU posters on their board trash RU every single day. They complained how playing us would not be a Tier One win and would hurt their rankings. Many said it was a waste of time to play us and wish they didn't have to. Constant comments were made that it must be nice to be in the basement of the BIG 10.
As a graduate of both schools, I regularly read both boards. Some of the over the top criticism that seems to be continually done by the same posters over and over again is not only ignorant, it is mean spirited and hurtful as well. My son who presently attends Rutgers as a Criminal Justice major often discusses some of the nonsense that he reads on both boards. We usually end our discussions with myself commenting how both fan bases have a select few posters who are insufferable and absolutely ridiculous in their pea brained thought process.

Personally, the trashing on both sides doesn't really bother me because it just fuels the rivalry. Ten minutes before the game on Sat you can feel the buzz in the building. I only wish we could have sell outs and all the excitement for all our BIG games. Do all the trashing you want SH fans, the trophy is securely in our hands!! BTW, hoping for a quick recovery for Myles Powell....and really success for the team as well. It does help RU if we are up for any post season consideration.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT