ADVERTISEMENT

GAME 26 NEBRASKA: Troubled Heart

Rutgers is maybe the worst screening team in the league. We don't use it at all
Sadly,the Rutgers offense is designed for players like Sanders and Young who could create and make shots off the dribble which isn't the skillset of the current roster except for Simpson.

Reactions: Scangg
BAC, another fine summary. Every team experiences one night where the effort isn't there, the shots won't fall , and the defense is lacking. Hopefully this was that one game. One of your comments is worth repeating, Mag was the teeth of our defense. His energy, aggressiveness and relentless defense is sorely missed. Indeed I've posted on several occasions that Mag and not Caleb has been the heart of our defense. I've thought Caleb has been trying to do too much on defense (and offense ) and at times has been caught out of position. And we miss Mag's rebounding . Hyatt has stepped up but I much prefer he come in as the sixth man and provide instant offense. What's needed? Maybe start Simpson and have Hyatt come off the bench? Simpson can penetrate and dish either to Cliff underneath or outside to Cam. In the few minutes he played Simpson looked aggressive and fearless. I thought Cliff had a poor game --turnovers and being schooled by Walker who made Cliff look bad on several drives to the hoop. Cliff should not go pro next year --he needs another year to work on his offensive moves and shooting. Teams have figured out how to stop Rutgers--double Cliff underneath and relentless defense of Cam.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT