ADVERTISEMENT

RU Trying to Schedule Game at Yankee Stadium

Please God No.

We buy season tickets to be at OUR stadium in Piscataway.
No Home games at Yankee Stadium.
No Home games at MetLife.
No.
Its all about money .When Rutgers sells out its home stadium on a regular basis fans would have a stronger argument where games should be played.

playing Notre Dame there as a one and done, neutral site game, makes an awful lot of sense. open your minds, people. would rather play a notre dame at Yankee Stadium, than Washington away. it wouldn't substitute a home game.
if that happens no issues...but if its a yearly home game at the stadium thats a terrible idea.

Guys...

I assure you the Athletic Dept reads this board. 100% for sure

Keep this thread going loud and clear

They will get the message

And it would take a riddicuolous check to get us to walk from a home game...

Play at Met Life and make some money. Yankee Stadium? What a joke.

I wasn't expecting this type of stupidity coming from this new group. Once we create a precedent, what is to stop the B1G from asking us to play teams like Nebraska and Ohio State at MetLife or Yankee Stadium. I mean this is us shooting ourselves in the foot. Insane, obviously these people know nothing of our history.

Its all about money .When Rutgers sells out its home stadium on a regular basis fans would have a stronger argument where games should be played.

Nonsense.
What makes you think there would be more money in it than playing at home?

Bottom line. Play a regular season game at YS, and I will not be there.

Reactions: mildone
What I would like to do is order season tickets, then turn around and Mail these tickets right back to them, with a note saying " no thanks, I'll keep the rest"

MR HOBBS..... If you are keeping score, I vote no!!!

If you open this door just a crack, every big team we play will want to go there and not play at our stadium. No.

120no5y.gif

Hate this idea. Not good for fans in general... awful viewing from most seats but most importantly player safety is a problem that no one seems to care about. The grass they install to cover the infield gets so easily shredded and is so slippery because it doesn't have time to root. It really is dangerous.

Please no.

I would think besides being courteous with the response that he would only consider it if it was way over the top of what a home game is worth financially. I would expect that the Big would push for such exposure.

If you dont want to PLAY in NY stop PRETENDING to BE "NYs football team".

Cuse and UConn will thank you

Think small...GET small

Once again the issue isn't playing in NY, its that it shouldn't be a home game. If the game is not part of the season ticket package, i.e. a neutral site game, then I have no problem with it. Let season ticket holders have the first crack at tickets if they want, but no way should a Yankee Stadium game be a part of the home season ticket package. If it is I hope its against one of the top B1G teams so I can sell my tickets for a huge profit to OSU or PSU or Michigan fans.

NO! NO! and NO!

I am actually someone who is FINE with, and even LIKES to idea of playing in the pinstripe often. But please do not take a home game away from those of us who hold season tickets and give it to NY. Enough of the NY d*ck riding already.

However - if it is a neutral game and one and done yet to be scheduled or etc - go for it!

I'll echo the general sentiment already expressed above - home game at Yankee Stadium - NO WAY! If someone else wants to play us in their home game there - fine. If it's a one-and-done neutral site game with fair access to tickets, etc. - also OK, but there are better options for that. However, it would be a terrible idea to give up an RU home game to travel to the Bronx to see RU in a baseball stadium VERY ill-suited for football.

Let's get this done Hobbs. Playing game at the big stadium in the Bronx is a great way to add exposure.

I'm fine with the Pinstripe. I'm fine with "neutral" site games. Home games? Hell no!

if it is a game against Northwestern, Indiana, or Minnesota I can be convinced. The place is not great for football but the $$$$$ may make it worthwhile.

I like the idea of a spring training game between the Yanks and Rutgers. At the worst a joint practice / scrimmage.

Yankee Stadium has less capacity for football than our own stadium. Where would the additional $$$$ come from to make such a move make sense for Rutgers? From us of course.

Stupid, horrible, lousy idea all around, and the loyal fans get fleeced for the chance to endure it.

Please God No.

We buy season tickets to be at OUR stadium in Piscataway.
No Home games at Yankee Stadium.
No Home games at MetLife.
No.
Unfortunately many of our fans and alums don't donate so Hobbs sees Yankee stadium as a quick money grab opportunity. Yankee stadium sucks for football but if it's for $$$ can you blame Hobbs? He needs money to build facilities and he can't be too happy with the low number of donors to date. IMO

GIVE ME ONE REASON WHY THE POWERS AT BE WOULD DO THIS???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Money

Unfortunately many of our fans and alums don't donate so Hobbs sees Yankee stadium as a quick money grab opportunity. Yankee stadium sucks for football but if it's for $$$ can you blame Hobbs? He needs money to build facilities and he can't be too happy with the low number of donors to date. IMO
The problem with your thinking (well, one of them) is that every season ticket holder makes a donation for the right to buy those seats. That's tens of thousands of donors who you forgot about.

Some fans won't like it for obvious reasons but from a marketing stand point, this will help further solidified our claim as the New York home team.
[roll][jumpingsmile][roll][jumpingsmile][roll]
You are delusional if you think this will move any NYC needle for the RU/B1G. As a long time fan I went there for 2 bowl games and the venue for FANs SUCKS from 90% of the seats. It is bad enough that we will have to rep the B1G in a bowl game there. I will give my tickets to a PSU grad before I see a regular season home game there
It is a baseball field designed for Baseball so try something new like play baseball games there!
Maybe a baseball championship for the B1G will make more of a HIT!

Drop in the bucket Rutgers needs real money and if this horrible idea makes them enough where they think it is worth it then it is what it is. We are 3000 or so strong on this board. Anyone of our BIG opponents fans would be all over this game. The game will be packed with their fans but if it makes Rutgers a good profit Hobbs will do it.

Reactions: suggakane
I dont mind at game at Yankee statdium,though not my first choice over High Point.. I think we have been lucky to this point that B10 hasnt pushed a Michigan or PSU, OSU vrs Rutgers 'home game' to be moved onto Met Life or Yankee stadium..

maybe some fans would like to go back to playing home games vrs SMU and Uconn in AAC vrs B10 conference? SMH..WE are the newcommers in B10 and if the B10 wants us to play a home game at Metlife or Yankee stadium every few years ..big deal.These are
probably same people that tell other fans to sit down during a big play.. same ones posting and complaining now..
I'm not following the logic of why you want us to be some pushover if the B1G asked us to play at crappy Yankee Stadium. We made the BTN something over $30M more in TV $ last year so we've more than paid our dues already.

This is beyond illogical & typical self loathing Rutgers fan speak.

[roll][jumpingsmile][roll][jumpingsmile][roll]
You are delusional if you think this will move any NYC needle for the RU/B1G. As a long time fan I went there for 2 bowl games and the venue for FANs SUCKS from 90% of the seats. It is bad enough that we will have to rep the B1G in a bowl game there. I will give my tickets to a PSU grad before I see a regular season home game there
It is a baseball field designed for Baseball so try something new like play baseball games there!
Maybe a baseball championship for the B1G will make more of a HIT!
NYC is the capital of the world with a crap load of BIG alumni living in the 5 boroughs. Every seat will be filled and BIG fans of other teams would easily make you grandpa's a nice profit when you sell your seats to them. I think it's a money grab and with this cheap fan base you Can't blame our AD.

Reactions: suggakane
Yankee stadium is a HORRIBLE place for football.

In addition to individual emails to Hobbs, I'm hoping someone will start an on-line petition that we can send to him.

He needs to know that this is the reaction by the overwhelming majority of season ticket holders to the thought of playing a home game at Yankee stadium:

a3fq9d.jpg

Reactions: satnom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT