ADVERTISEMENT

RU Trying to Schedule Game at Yankee Stadium

Ughh. I can tell Ash/Hobbs right now that I would gladly sell my tickets to that game to an opposing teams fans. Yankee stadium is a miserable place to watch a football game for 90% of the fans. Why would we even consider giving up a home game to play there. The idea sucks, its bad enough when we have to play there in bowl games.

Let's start by the Yankees playing a Spring training exhibition game where they host Rutgers baseball in Florida. Many teams do similar things (Red Sox and BC, for instance). This suggestion by our AD is truly the first idea he's had that I am completely against. We can't even reliably get Rutgers football and basketball scores mentioned in the NYC broadcast TV sports reports. Let's break that ice first.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Good god, I hope not. It would never be a home game for us, just like Giants Stadium was never home for us.

The writer cites the fact that we played games at Giants Stadium in the past, completely ignoring the fact that the only reason we did so was to meet the required average attendance standard of 30K for Division 1A teams.

I particularly enjoyed the quote from Ash that it seems like a pretty nice place to watch a cold weather game -- from a suite, anyway. :clap:

Hell-No-Meme-Gif-26.gif

I would be against it for the most part. If it was a really unexciting matchup, I wouldn't have a problem with it (I.e Howard, Norfolk State, Army). It would give me a change of pace and give me a reason to go into the city and hang with some friends there. It'd probably also be best for the athletic department to get some more exposure and maybe get some funding from different avenues and people.

Farking idea will never die. I view this as a severe devaluation of the value of my season tickets. He's essentially stealing 15% of the value of my purchase.

It better not be a conference game.

DO IT!!! Would love to play Syracuse or UConn! Neutral Site Game. Place would sellout!

It better not be a conference game. Maybe if we schedule a game against Temple or UConn or Syracuse, it might be tolerable.

I dont mind at game at Yankee statdium,though not my first choice over High Point.. I think we have been lucky to this point that B10 hasnt pushed a Michigan or PSU, OSU vrs Rutgers 'home game' to be moved onto Met Life or Yankee stadium..

Generally I think it's a bad idea. About the only arrangement I could live with is if Army is put permanently on the schedule and all the games are played in Yankee Stadium. They do meet the requirement of being a D-1 team. That way it's only the loss of a home game half the time.

Reactions: RU at the shore
"Standing behind home plate at the home of the 27-time World Series champions before throwing out a first pitch Tuesday night, Rutgers athletics director Pat Hobbs said he is open to the possibility of moving a football home game to the Bronx.

“We want to look at maybe bringing a game here........ "

Good lord...what is he supposed to say? "Standing behind home plate, Pay Hobbs said he'd rather Yankee stadium burn down to a pile of ashes than ever consider playing a game for a lot of money here..."

Relax.

"Standing behind home plate at the home of the 27-time World Series champions before throwing out a first pitch Tuesday night, Rutgers athletics director Pat Hobbs said he is open to the possibility of moving a football home game to the Bronx.

“We want to look at maybe bringing a game here........ "

Good lord...what is he supposed to say? "Standing behind home plate, Pay Hobbs said he'd rather Yankee stadium burn down to a pile of ashes than ever consider playing a game for a lot of money here..."

Relax.

He could've said we'd be open to the idea of playing a neutral site game there if the payday was right. He should not be open at all to moving a home game there, it shouldn't even be a maybe. I pay for my season tickets to go to games at our stadium, not the Bronx to a stadium that sucks for football games.

Reactions: MoobyCow
maybe some fans would like to go back to playing home games vrs SMU and Uconn in AAC vrs B10 conference? SMH..WE are the newcommers in B10 and if the B10 wants us to play a home game at Metlife or Yankee stadium every few years ..big deal.These are
probably same people that tell other fans to sit down during a big play.. same ones posting and complaining now..

Reactions: RURM85
Yeah, that sounds about right to me!

I dont mind at game at Yankee statdium,though not my first choice over High Point.. I think we have been lucky to this point that B10 hasnt pushed a Michigan or PSU, OSU vrs Rutgers 'home game' to be moved onto Met Life or Yankee stadium..
Uh, no.

How many games has Northwestern been pushed to Solider Field?

maybe some fans would like to go back to playing home games vrs SMU and Uconn in AAC vrs B10 conference? SMH..WE are the newcomers in B10 and if the B10 wants us to play a home game at Metlife or Yankee stadium every few years ..big deal.These are probably same people that tell other fans to sit down during a big play.. same ones posting and complaining now..
Again...uh, no. This one is even worse.

He's just being a gracious guest. Of course he's open to the idea. Then when he sees the lost revenue amount he can kindly tell them "no thanks" from his office.
Yes.

The guy is silky smooth. This is what you say to get invited back by your host.

But I DO like the idea of the Baseball team playing in Tampa at Stienbrenner Field on their southern swing. That is genius if it happens. And this is coming from a Met fan.

Reactions: Leonard23
playing Notre Dame there as a one and done, neutral site game, makes an awful lot of sense. open your minds, people. would rather play a notre dame at Yankee Stadium, than Washington away. it wouldn't substitute a home game.

Reactions: JoeRU
playing Notre Dame there as a one and done, neutral site game, makes an awful lot of sense. open your minds, people. would rather play a notre dame at Yankee Stadium, than Washington away. it wouldn't substitute a home game.
Again, not what the man was quoted as saying.

50/50 split for something like this...maybe. And the price still has to be right for it to work for US.

GIVE ME ONE REASON WHY THE POWERS AT BE WOULD DO THIS???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reactions: IMARUFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT