ADVERTISEMENT

RU Trying to Schedule Game at Yankee Stadium

Need I say more!!! Willing to sell out RU because he does not want to pay 16 for the GWB. I bet you don't want beer sold in the stadium or think the hot dogs are to expensive and why am I paying so much for parking. I bet you prefer the old days when season tickets were 100 bucks. We need money folks and we as a whole are not doing it so Hobbs must take other measures.

you do realize that Rutgers is getting my money whether I go or sell the tix so this doesnt even make sense.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
A road game, fine.
A neutral site game that doesn't cause RU to lose a home game, fine.
An RU home game - absolutely not. It is a very bad idea. If you were do it and put it on the season's ticket package, you would see a big drop in seasons' tix sales and RU would lose money, regardless of what YS is paying them for the one game.
I have yet to attend an RU game at YS, though I would consider attending the Pinstripe Bowl the next time RU is invited. But it is not our home stadium. I love our campus stadium - it is the primary reason I have been a season's tix holder for ten (now eleven) years.

If you are against it like I am, take a minute to send an email. I just did.

All around HORRIBLE experiences at Yankee Stadium for RU games. Bad for fans, unsafe for players.
And I think he will receive quite a few emails saying the same. And he will hear it directly from fans, and his coworkers will hear it from fans who will then talk to Hobb's about it.

I bet the idea has already been trounced.

Watching a football game in Yankee Stadium sucks. Watching RU play an ooc game in Yankee Stadium sucks more. Watching RU play a conference game in Yankee Stadium sucks the most.

Bad idea

GO RU

OK. But the Yankees need to make the money first, in order to pay us. And I assume the Yankees want to keep some money as profit.

When Rutgers had lower ticket prices and flat parking rates, we were able to earn more moving a game to the larger MetLife stadium.

But now we've instituted dynamic pricing for seats and tiered pricing for parking. Revenues for a home game are much higher than before. Why would you assume that the Yankees would be able to sell a ticket for more than the dynamic price that Rutgers can (especially when a larger portion of seats in Yankee Stadium have inferior sightlines to seats at Rutgers Stadium).

So where does the extra money for a game at Yankee Stadium come from. And after the Yankees take their share, how much is left for Rutgers? And is it enough to risk ticking off your donors?
I agree with all of that, I was just answering the question. I didn't understand the incentives and how money was made the last time this came out, but it was said the Yankees would pay a boatload. Why and how... I agree it doesn't make sense.

Can you freakin imagine moving our Penn St or Maryland Home Games to Yankee Stadium ?? F'n no way !
Start writing emails, letters and making phone calls to Hobbs NOW, and/or ASAP.
Here is Hobb's email :
ad@scarletknights.com

"Big Ten Network president Mark Silverman speculated in 2014 about the possibility of moving a Rutgers game against Penn State or Maryland to Yankee Stadium. Former Rutgers coach Kyle Flood was open to playing a home game at Yankee Stadium under the right circumstances."

Just sent an email. Horrible, horrible idea. I've seen baseball, soccer, hockey and college football in that building and the football games were the least enjoyable by far. Football Saturdays in Piscataway are my favorite part of the Fall. Please don't sell out.

Alums and fans please email Mr Hobbs , and mention besides hating the idea of watching our home games be moved to Yankee Stadium where watching a Football game is horrible, you won't donate or buy season tickets anymore. I did just that , and I'm a 4 decade season ticket holder. The poll on the article site is about 70% AGAINST the idea, hopefully Mr Hobbs can take a hint.

email Hobbs :
ad@scarletknights.com

did you send in a donation then ,since you are against a cash limited program trying to raise needed funds?

Hey knucklehead, I am a non-alumni who has sent in four figure donations every year to the RU Football program for the last 18 years. How about you Blockhead R ?

I'm trying to understand how Rutgers can make more money playing at Yankee Stadium than playing at home given that each stadium has about the same seating capacity.

Can someone please explain this? Anyone? I'm not trying to stir the pot. It's a serious, honest, question.

I'm trying to understand how Rutgers can make more money playing at Yankee Stadium than playing at home given that each stadium has about the same seating capacity.

Can someone please explain this? Anyone? I'm not trying to stir the pot. It's a serious, honest, question.

Sounds like this is more a play of B1G politics and not a revenue driven initiative by RU.

...we need to walk a fine line here. You can't expect us to tell the Yankees, arguably one of the wealthiest and most popular sports franchises in the world (and right in our own backyard), "your stadium stinks!!! NO!!!!!....but can you still be our friend???", but at the same time, if we don't value/ respect the sanctity of our own stadium/facilities, how can we can expect anyone else to? You don't want to set a precedent that can be used against us down the line (especially if no one is really clamoring for it). I trust that Hobbs will handle it tactfully and to our long-term benefit.

Joe P.

...we need to walk a fine line here. You can't expect us to tell the Yankees, arguably one of the wealthiest and most popular sports franchises in the world (and right in our own backyard), "your stadium stinks!!! NO!!!!!....but can you still be our friend???", but at the same time, if we don't value/ respect the sanctity of our own stadium/facilities, how can we can expect anyone else to? You don't want to set a precedent that can be used against us down the line (especially if no one is really clamoring for it). I trust that Hobbs will handle it tactfully and to our long-term benefit.

Joe P.
The stadium doesn't stink -- it's just not built for football.

If you're not on the team bench you don't see the field well. That's the long and the short of it.

You guys don't get it..... You'll never get it smh. We should play UCONN every year to kick off the season. The Triple-State needs this! I've been screaming this from The Mountain Top for 10 years already.

Reactions: G- RUnit

Joe P.

If Yankees love us so much sponser a game in Tampa no? Play South Florida there?

You guys don't get it..... You'll never get it smh. We should play UCONN every year to kick off the season. The Triple-State needs this! I've been screaming this from The Mountain Top for 10 years already.
We don't get it??? You thought Rutgers was a good fit for the SEC!

I saw Hobbs coming out of the RAC yesterday morning.Had I known about this,I'd have told him to move the Morgan State game there.

Joe P.

Why exactly do we need the Yankees to be our friend?

Playing in Yankee stadium will not help us in our efforts to be "New York City's" team. We already did our job and brought the TV sets.

We will become NYC's team, and the entire state of NJ's tea, when we become really competitive in the conference and win some meaningful games.

Reactions: RU-05 and Abro1975
If Yankees love us so much sponser a game in Tampa no? Play South Florida there?

Why exactly do we need the Yankees to be our friend?

Playing in Yankee stadium will not help us in our efforts to be "New York City's" team. We already did our job and brought the TV sets.

We will become NYC's team, and the entire state of NJ's tea, when we become really competitive in the conference and win some meaningful games.

...did you read the second half of that post?

Joe P.

4082248.jpg

Nothing coherent? You keep conversing with me and you don't converse with clueless people.

Joe P.
Ok clown, give me a coherent, logical reason to give up home game to play at a baseball stadium that will hold much less than HPSS? Especially when 100% of the season ticket holder base wants no part of it

I won't like another game at Yankee Stadium but I'll go, again. The team deserves the support. If Hobbs thinks it will benefit the program, well he has a lot more info on it than me or anyone here. The team comes first. If it means I have to pregame at Legends or the Dugout, and watch the game at an odd angle, so be it.

Ok clown, give me a coherent, logical reason to give up home game to play at a baseball stadium that will hold much less than HPSS? Especially when 100% of the season ticket holder base wants no part of it

I wasn't in favor of it. I think its a slippery slope that can bite us down the line. It seemed like you had a number of people who were basically saying, 'tell the Yankees to go scratch!!'...all I was saying is that's not the way to go. We can say 'no'; I think we should be more diplomatic about it. You don't need to suck up to them, but you don't need to be disrespectful about it. Why create hard feelings there? We already have enough of an uphill battle.

...someone mentioned this in another thread- if the Yankees really want to form a relationship with us, maybe they can offer us a baseball game there or even a soccer game.

Joe P.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
As expected..

th

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT