ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs 14/16 Michigan 01/19/23

Rutgers double header vs. Those Michigan schools, right? Men at 6:30 folled by women at 8:30. Nice!

So miss those home double headers back in the day. One great way to get more fans into the RAC for the women's games. Oh well.
Maybe one day when RAC upgraded they can do this and grab dinner inside between games.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Game about to start - Streeter has wrap on left wrist. Assume those interestEd are watching on BTN so won’t post a lot this game

14-18 after 1. Smikle picks up two fouls. 7 turnovers, 3 on offensive fouls, Safire out of control to pick up two of them.

18-14 end of 1st. Kaylene on bench had been called for 2 fouls, no they call Sidibe for her 2nd foul. That older grey haired ref is a freaking arse.

Bad stretch 18-26, two shot clock violations Smilkle and Saibe back with 2 fouls each halfway thru 2

I normally like Coach Kim Barnes Arrico, but lighten up with blowing Rutgers out. Slow down you are up by 20+
Up by almost 30 now and she has them shooting 3's. Really poor sportsmanship KBA. Coquese is gonna remember this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Esipos1
On the positive side, the team shows that they can play with quality teams. They are taking on the traits of past RUWBB teams in regard to toughness. We find ourselves saying after every game now, "They never give up and they play hard all game".

Kai finally asserted herself offensively in the manner in which we need to see from here going forward......not just when Kaylene is not available because of fouls or whatever. Kaylene hopefully won't fall into the same pattern Arella did by feeling she has to do it all. She should continue to be aggressive but she has to keep an eye out for open teammates when she doesn't have a good look at the basket. Teams are gonna continue to try to draw charges and get her in foul trouble.

Frustrating part continues to be the senseless turnovers that cost momentum and opportunities. Last night, the refs didn't help our momentum with some of the foul calls (especially the 3 one on Kaylene....yes, her arm wasn't vertical but her hand was clearly on the ball only).

I am concerned about Awa's play lately. Having to play PG has been a huge struggle for both her and Kai. Awa has been completely out of control lately after showing signs of growth in the early part of the season. The frustration she showed last night was a first, from what I recall. She usually is the relaxed, calming one on the floor that always seems to be having fun on the court.

In the end, I guess it's all a part of the growing pains of young players. Some portal help at guard and center will be the difference next year.

Impressed with L. Phelia for Mich. Can clamp down the best scorer for the opposing team and is a great offensive player herself.

KBA always has good post players with size. Phelia is a difference maker for them. Of course L. Brown is the focal point of the offense.

Our first half against them was very encouraging.

missed the game and it sounds like a no mercy one.
Though I don't like RU being b;pwn out and opposing HC not letting up.
Don't feel bad when RU teams do it.

They have to share the Ball . almost every shot is contested . We make it difficult for ourselves . Thus causing turnovers .

They have to share the Ball . almost every shot is contested . We make it difficult for ourselves . Thus causing turnovers .
Agree - maybe because no one has point guard mentality. To much driving into a packed middle a putting up awkward layup when ball could be passed to open perimeter player

Knew he might get some national screen time to support his run for President.
might be nice to recognize NJ Government officials that are supporting RU and leave political comments out of the conversation .Much rather the support talk be about the school and not made a political issue that hijacks the thread
I'm always glad to see politicians ( from any political party ) supporting Rutgers and feel it helps RU.for them doing so

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: runrutgersrun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT