ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Michigan 2/21/19 7PM Game Thread

Congrats UM .... you are the first team this year to break their scoring average against RU.

RU got slaughtered in the paint all night

Michigan shooting 52%

seems like the offense gets fixed and the defense suffers

74-68...going to have to force turnovers here

Good night all ... the free fall continues ... enjoy the wrestling win tomorrow and hope for any other team to get a win this weekend. Also pray for a PSU to lose in MBB as RU is only 2 games in front of the basement. Ciao!

C. Viv isn't there right? And the team collapses. No defense. Really pathetic effort.

Down 10 with 44 seconds. Game over. Michigan scored 20 FT's out of 26 attempts. We shot 10 of 13. They doubled us on the charity stripe. Ouch.

25 fouls to 14. I'm not saying we deserved better, because we didn't. But when one team has 11 more fouls against them and the home team scores 22 points out of 28 attempts and the visiting team scores 10 points out of 13 attempts, something is wrong. I don't care if the officiating was fair. That discrepancy is eye popping.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Tonight's performance was embarrassing. For us to give up 86 points to Michigan is embarrassing.

Just a reminder that this game was an expected loss--not by 10 and Michigan scoring 86, but it was a predicted loss from the services.

Loss on the road doesn't make any loss better, but the season isn't over because of losing to Michigan and with 2 of the remaining 3 at home: hope for 20 regular season wins is still there.

Another reminder that Michigan beat Iowa 90-81 to start their 7-game winning streak.

Another reminder that Michigan beat Iowa 90-81 to start their 7-game winning streak.
And that last night Indiana (who we beat 3 days ago) beat Iowa. Seems like any B1G team (Men or Women) is capable of beating any other team on any given night.

Yes, we can be sloppy. I'm not able to watch the game. Are we really hacking this much? This sounds really off to me.
The Rutgers womens team has a long history of being a foul prone team.Some would call it aggressive defense while others would say silly fouls 20/30 feet from the basket.The end result is that some of Rutgers best players spend too much time on the bench because of foul trouble.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
The Rutgers womens team has a long history of being a foul prone team.Some would call it aggressive defense while others would say silly fouls 20/30 feet from the basket.The end result is that some of Rutgers best players spend too much time on the bench because of foul trouble.
I agree with your assessment, but when the foul disparity is so blatantly over the top, one has to wonder how the fouls were called for one team versus another team. One issue I have are two of the officials Gina Cross and Bob Enterline. Both have officiated plenty of Rutgers games and when we play Cross averages an eye-popping 6.5 fouls higher against us and Enterline averages 4.3 fouls higher against us. Coincidence? I don't think so. The other official, Julie Krommenhoek, I don't know much about.

In men's basketball, I rarely call out the officials for changing the complexion of the game. And personally I think in men's BB, the officiating is uneven at best. But in women's BB, I have a real problem with just how AWFUL the games are officiated. When one team gets to the FT line 28 times and the other side gets to the line 13 times, something is inherently wrong. I'm not saying we don't foul, because we do, and some of the fouls are head scratching like you correctly stated when the opposition is 20-30 feet from the basket. But last night it seemed like every time we scored and got a little closer a foul was called against us on nearly every possession. That's head scratching. That changes momentum and flow of the game and puts major doubt in one team playing defense over the other team when similar fouls are not called.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT