ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Wisconsin 2/25/19 7PM GAME THREAD

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
BTN+, WCTC. Here is hoping for a good game and a win, make that praying not hoping. Wonder what the starting lineup will be, any thoughts?

Pulling for Stasha Carey, Arella Giurantes, T Mack, Wilson, Harris and the rest to rise to the occasion, and win this game for their sick coach, for their fans, but mainly for themselves, to show they have enough talent and grit to overcome the obstacles thrown their way.

Git RRRRRRRRRR Done !

Looks like the starting lineup is :

2 N. PELEG PELC
24 A. GUIRANTES
3 C. WILSON
35 S. CAREY
40 V. HARRIS

2 min's in and Coach E. puts in all new players. Now puts them back in? Decent looking crowd! 2 quick fouls on Stasha, crap. Their big C. is huge. 5-4 Wisc.

first time out and RU not playing smart. Carey did the one thing she absolutely shouldn't have done.... pick up a quick 2 fouls. Just so demoralizing, And Ru is turning the ball over at a mind boggling pace.

Wisc 5 RU 4 w 5 min left in first period.

Whats with Carey getting two fouls almost every first quarter?Wisconsin leads 5-4 .

3 min left in 1st period, Ru press starting to work, RU up 9-5 w Pelc going to the line for 2

After 1, RU leads 17-11. Benefiting from Wisc going 1-6 from the foul line. yikes.

We still have a fine nucleus of talent playing and should be able to beat Wisconsin. Right now we're up by nine 22-13 with 6:13 to play.

Reactions: Abro1975
Excellent job, girls! Up by a dozen halfway through the 2nd quarter!!!! 25-13

5 min left in half and RU leads 28-13. The press is looking good and we are hitting our 3s !

Keep it up ladies. Don't let up one bit. RU up 13 with 4:15 to play.

Raining threes!!!! Now Gilles gets into the act. I love it!

Wow, if the stats link from scarletknights.com is accurate, we have 10 steals at halftime. That's amazing!

I'm too cheap to pay for BTN+ so I'm not actually watching the video... :)

Nice finish to the half. Rutgers leads by 17, 40-23. The one concerning issue going into the half are the amount of fouls we have. We had 13 fouls in the first half and Wisconsin only had 7. Our leading scorers need to stay out of foul trouble in the second half, but overall, really nice response tonight so far.

Awesome start!

Meanwhile, the Boilermakers are beating the Terps late in the third, 43-36.
Scarlet Nation jinx in full effect. My bad! Game now tied at 43 with 7 minutes to play. Purdue hasn't scored in a long time. The game is on BTN for anyone that cares.

Looks like fairly balanced scoring
10 steals in 1st half look nice but 12 TOs not looking so nice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT