ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers athletic director Pat Hobbs abruptly resigns

It’s going on 2 weeks and nothing has leaked…with the potential of Hobbs, Hobb’s wife, the supposed coach of an affair or her lawyer or anyone in either team.

I really don’t care if he had an inappropriate consensual affair with a woman of age that did not feel pressured.
It may be an issue because he would be her boss if true, but hardly a scandal.

But still, nothing. And there have to be a ton of people trying to find it.

The situation is strange but until something worthy is found- Dude has an health issue and trying to deal with it.

It’s going on 2 weeks and nothing has leaked…with the potential of Hobbs, Hobb’s wife, the supposed coach of an affair or her lawyer or anyone in either team.

I really don’t care if he had an inappropriate consensual affair with a woman of age that did not feel pressured.
It may be an issue because he would be her boss if true, but hardly a scandal.

But still, nothing. And there have to be a ton of people trying to find it.

The situation is strange but until something worthy is found- Dude has an health issue and trying to deal with it.
Even the worst scenario alluded to in the thread doesn't rise to "give a shit" level.

I have always assumed that one poster is (or is dating) an incensed gymnast who doesn't like the coach - only way anyone would care about the weak accusations.

This will shock you, but sometimes people just post what they think is true without regard for (a) whether they want it to be true or (b) what infinitesimal effect their message board post will have on Rutgers athletics.

It’s funny though . A few on here were saying that RU needed to do a press conference to address the rumors being spewed on this board

I thought that was ridiculously absurd…. and said so.

With that said it has been said that certain members of the local press DO look on here , so I continue to think if one truly cares about RU sports it makes no sense to stir up rumors.

But glad to see - 23 pages in - and still nothing. Up to this point, this thread is the biggest train wreck in the history of this board.

It’s funny though . A few on here were saying that RU needed to do a press conference to address the rumors being spewed on this board

With that said it has been said that certain members of the local press DO look on here , so I continue to think if one truly cares about RU sports it makes no sense to stir up rumors.

But glad to see - 23 pages in - and still nothing. Up to this point, this thread is the biggest train wreck in the history of this board.
IDK about your last sentence. Many game day threads could hold that title.

Good
Hopefully, if there is any truth to the rumors, it gets buried in the name of preserving the brand

This is big boy college athletics - it's not about feelings, alleged affairs, or anything else
It's about becoming elite - and winning cures all
I want to agree with this but in the blink of an eye RU’s #1 athletic advocate whose worked day and night for the past nine years to elevate our programs announced health problems and resigns with little or no reaction from the administration and just disappears into the nether while he doesn’t even address his subordinates on the brink of what could be the best combination of football and basketball success ever? And he wouldn’t want to stick around to see?

Granted if Pat shows up on the sidelines of RU football games and sits in usual seats by the baseline at RU basketball games then I agree that the man just needed some space after hearing some life changing medical information [which I don’t believe we’ll see]? Otherwise I’m not buying that health was the only reason for his sudden departure.

The full truth will come out at some point.

GO RU

Nobody gives a shit. Board security guard.

I honestly don’t know what your problem is. I’ve made only a few posts in this thread. I go days between even opening this thread. And there are MANY people making similar comments as mine but much more frequently. Yet you seem to be crushing on me? It’s a little weird I gotta say.

Meh. Any individual poster on this message board is having an effect on RU athletics (through their postings on this board) that rounds to zero. Especially posters who do not have any inside connection to the athletic department. Everything that @PSAL_Hoops said in the thread, for example, is stuff that a reporter could easily put together themselves with no help from the speculations of people on the message board. A reporter may look here, but anyone writing a lot of stories based on The Knight Report posters' speculations about Reddit posters' speculations about things I suspect will not be a reporter for very long.

TIME TO LOCK THREAD.. we don't need it popping to the top over and over.
That would be a bizarre thing to do. It's also bizarre that you just bumped the thread considering you apparently think having it near the top of the board is causing some harm.

Reactions: RedTeam1994
NJ.com just published a story about Hobbs’ “unusual interest” in the gymnastics program recently.

It’s behind a paywall so no clue what info it is providing,

Rather ugly portrayal of gymnastics coach Umme Salim-Beasley ! However, it doesn't state anything specific with regards to Hobbs' relationship with her.

Reactions: ru66 and mikemarc1
NJ.com just published a story about Hobbs’ “unusual interest” in the gymnastics program recently.

Isn't this old news as it was reported back in May?

Nothing unusual with watching the team with half naked gymnasts vs watching the field hockey practice. Nothing to see here!

good god that article is longer than an RU#s snowstorm forecast. It appears that some gymnasts have mental health issues which should surprise absolutely no one, but doesn't sound like the coach was very good at handling the issues.

good god that article is longer than an RU#s snowstorm forecast. It appears that some gymnasts have mental health issues which should surprise absolutely no one, but doesn't sound like the coach was very good at handling the issues.
Hobbs has something to hide and that's why he retired
(is now )
from an alleged affair tied to the gymnastics program to complaints about Hobbs protecting the coach?
Is that what this thread is about now , according to what I could read in that article .

Reactions: BossNJ and MrsScrew
the way this smells.... it isn't going to end well....

Reactions: newell138
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT