ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers funding in jeopardy because of mass migration out of NJ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily? No thanks. Please move elsewhere. Have met few NYC transplants that are decent neighbors.
Brooklyn neighbors here. Nice as pie but dumber than a door nail when it comes to common sense. I thought New Yorkers were supposed to be street smart. But remove them from asphalt or concrete and they're completely lost.

Does your family even like you that much, tho ...

😉
My family LOVES me. I'm fun! Of course we have a few liberal loons in my family who do not like my outright support for President Trump but Love Trumps, Trump! Ha!

One very simple reason, My entire family is still in NJ and that is the ONLY reason why. otherwise I would be out of here. I would miss my family and Rutgers football and not much else.
Good reason to stay but they might stay here their entire life Which means you may never leave NJ.

who got pushed out to Ogden again?

Pushed out ...lol. More like, took charge and moved exactly where I wanted, like the impotents itt all say they're going to do, then don't.. Way better than NJ, and I don't even dislike NJ the the way the R brigade here pretends to. You should try it, brah ...way time less complaining about where you live if you do! Move back to one of the "tuckies" you like so much

So pensioners will own the turnpike which just last week we were told would net a $17 billion profit after all debt was paid off. Add the Parkway and then lets discuss Island Beach State Park and Liberty Park in JC.

Also the State budget is 40 billion and only 14 billion is constitutionally mandated so that leaves $26 billion available to creditors.

In your fantasy land you forget that debtors do not call all the shots creditors have rights
You are right creditors call the shots and have rights. The state is not going to sell the turnpike nor state parks. NJ has an inventory of buildings and land that it could sell and would help. The biggest expense is the payroll and the pensions. I would literally cut 50 - 65% of the government. we would be much better off with a much smaller, streamlined government.

People ARE fleeing NJ, but luckily for NJ they are being replaced by the people who are fleeing NYC.

NJ will b
The fact of the matter as has been pointed out by numerous posters and can be seen by anyone with a shred of common sense is that the real estate market in NJ is hot. People leave states for different reasons. Obviously people are still coming to NJ, or else there would not be bidding wars for homes in NJ.

LOL. Stay in your echo chamber with your nutjob OP buddy.
Have a nice day.

Ppl are coming to NJ from NYC because relatively speaking it is still habitable compared to there. No one is moving to NJ from PA, DE, OH, etc unless they get offered a job with insane money.

wish i could have exempted myself like congress did.
So what do you think your monthly benefit would be if you invested it yourself instead of getting as? 3 or 4 times what the as monthly benefit would be?

You are right creditors call the shots and have rights. The state is not going to sell the turnpike nor state parks. NJ has an inventory of buildings and land that it could sell and would help. The biggest expense is the payroll and the pensions. I would literally cut 50 - 65% of the government. we would be much better off with a much smaller, streamlined government.
The biggest State budget item is not payroll not even close.

The normal pension payment is so far down the list of budget items you really have no idea what you are talking about

It never failed me
I was a bit loose with my wording before - I should have same "most of the time" instead of "sometimes"...

More often than not I'd imagine there is a municipal suffix at the end of a pole number, but there are cases were there is not - why, I have no idea. For example, I noticed over the course of my travels today that all of the poles along Easton Ave in the area of Buccleuch Park have a 5-digit number with no suffix ("NB" or otherwise). But I digress...

On that ballot 2 years ago in Ca. was more investment in education to allegedly fund more teachers for smaller class sizes. Upon further inspection, 97 cents out of every dollar was going directly to the existing teachers and the infrastructure that supports them- the union.

Thankfully and amazingly, it failed. Though that didn't usually doesn't stop the legislature here from passing things anyway, like gay marriage which failed 3 x.

Check out the sexual predator bill they just quietly passed. If you are a pedo not more than 10 years older, you don't have to be listed as on public watch lists. Evil stuff going on out here.
In New Jersey, you can have your record expunged if you haven't been caught doing your criminal stuff for 10 years. No such thing as a permanent record anymore.

The theory that states like NY, NJ, and CA are subsidizing poor states has been debunked. When NY did their calculation, they included things like military bases as being contributions to poor states. Plus, as has been pointed out in this thread, older people are forced to leave NY/NJ for economic reasons and their social security/medicare payments are counted as contributions to the new state. How many public servants retire and take their pensions down south? They don't want to pay the exorbitant taxes here. Finally, replacing retirees with younger families increases the number of students in our schools which drive up costs.
And too many of those kids are here illegally, require "special ed" teachers because they can't read, and mom just wants them warehoused.

In New Jersey, you can have your record expunged if you haven't been caught doing your criminal stuff for 10 years. No such thing as a permanent record anymore.
That’s different than a 21 year old molesting a 12 year old and not being listed as a sex offender.

The theory that states like NY, NJ, and CA are subsidizing poor states has been debunked. When NY did their calculation, they included things like military bases as being contributions to poor states. Plus, as has been pointed out in this thread, older people are forced to leave NY/NJ for economic reasons and their social security/medicare payments are counted as contributions to the new state. How many public servants retire and take their pensions down south? They don't want to pay the exorbitant taxes here. Finally, replacing retirees with younger families increases the number of students in our schools which drive up costs.

LOL. No it has not. Kentucky receives more than $2 back for every $1 it puts in while NY/NJ/CA get less than $1. You think Kentucky just has a lot of bases? No it has for example the most welfare addicted county in America,

The blue states are 2/3 of the economy. So yeah they're subsidizing the other 1/3.

Reactions: skindawgs
Most claims about the economic activity in individual states are faulty. For example, CA people like to trot out the idea that they have the world's 5th biggest economy. Well, tech companies like Apple and Google that make money in all 50 states book all of their revenue in CA because they are headquartered there. That doesn't mean that economic activity wouldn't happen if CA didn't exist, it would just be credited to a different state.

If CA is so repressive and dangerous as certain people claim Apple etc would have moved. They don't. Which goes to show the lack of truth to that narrative. CA is expensive because of supply and demand, the essence of capitalism.

Meanwhile in north and central jersey the real estate market is as crazy as anyone has ever seen. Houses get listed and are gone after only a few days over ask. I guess phantoms are moving in?

It's obviously planes full of soup throwers sponsored by the dark shadows buying these homes to ruin the suburban lifestyle dream.

LOL. No it has not. Kentucky receives more than $2 back for every $1 it puts in while NY/NJ/CA get less than $1. You think Kentucky just has a lot of bases? No it has for example the most welfare addicted county in America,

The blue states are 2/3 of the economy. So yeah they're subsidizing the other 1/3.

When you back out the transfer payments to retirees, many with high pensions from NY/NJ, and the military costs that benefit the entire country, there is little to no subsidizing of the red states. I know that is difficult for you, but it is factual.

Reactions: Caliknight
you guys who complain so much are welcome to leave the state. and those who already did, you have nothing to complain about, so stfu. don't let the door hit ya where god split ya.

The best irony is that biggest windbags insist they are so wealthy and successful and yet somehow can't afford to live anywhere else...

Meanwhile the population of NJ keeps increasing showing their theory is nothing but a lie.

Reactions: fsg2
New Providence NJ real estate is booming. At the beginning of my block a Hispanic family Wife a pediatrician and husband a accountant just moved in a month ago paying $875G. A great town just got better.

When you back out the transfer payments to retirees, many with high pensions from NY/NJ, and the military costs that benefit the entire country, there is little to no subsidizing of the red states. I know that is difficult for you, but it is factual.

Awesome. Show some proof. Show the numbers backed out. Looking forward to it. Including a full of explanation of "transfer payments."

Also, show us how these "military costs" such as continued manufacturing of supplies that the military has been begging the government to stop financing because they are useless and out of date, helps the country.

Awesome. Show some proof. Show the numbers backed out. Looking forward to it. Including a full of explanation of "transfer payments."

Also, show us how these "military costs" such as continued manufacturing of supplies that the military has been begging the government to stop financing because they are useless and out of date, helps the country.

Great, why don't you provide all the details to prove otherwise. Including payments for social security and medicare for retirees who escape the high tax lib states as funding to their new states is absurd. The high tax states are not friendly to retirees. Especially in the NY/NJ/CT region, it is very common for people to make the economic decision to move to low tax states like Florida. If they move to Mexico, do their SS payments count as foreign assistance to that country? Of course not.

New Providence NJ real estate is booming. At the beginning of my block a Hispanic family Wife a pediatrician and husband a accountant just moved in a month ago paying $875G. A great town just got better.

So, if it were a white family, the great town would have gotten worse? You are a weird dude. I give you that.

• Haha
Reactions: RUDead
People are fleeing Ca. including high earning high tax payers. They are being replaced by low skilled workers and illegal aliens.
and apparently those fleeing are trying to ruin Texas

The town is getting more and more diverse which makes the town better. Things are changing all around some for the better.
SO this great town was built and grown without diversity being an issue.. and it attracted the couple that just moved in.. but that means nothing to you. NOW it is "better". How about admitting it is the same great town that the non-diverse white people built.

Great, why don't you provide all the details to prove otherwise. Including payments for social security and medicare for retirees who escape the high tax lib states as funding to their new states is absurd. The high tax states are not friendly to retirees. Especially in the NY/NJ/CT region, it is very common for people to make the economic decision to move to low tax states like Florida. If they move to Mexico, do their SS payments count as foreign assistance to that country? Of course not.

Actually, yes, they do. Ever hear of remittances? You don't think the money Mexicans (or any other immigrant anywhere in the world) that goes back towards the home country counts towards its economy?

And on a state by state basis

You can't lie your way out of this one. Kentucky is #2. Care to share evidence of "blue state libs" rushing there for retirement? Or MS, #3, and WV, #4?

If you had proof you would share it instead of just shouting "debunked."

In NJ pensions it is not relevant. Overtime is not counted.

Spiking in
Not any more, in college I was part of a part time union for toll collectors for NJTP. Guys Close to retirement used to pay Cash to others to call out an grab the overtime to help increase the average pay they got over the last years of their career. The pension was based off that, until Christy Todd Whitman came in and smashed it, she also made all roll collectors in the main union only work Monday to Friday (with the new crew only working weekend and getting $9.00 an hour). I used to get 3 shifts (24 hours total) and always grabbed an overnight so I could do homework since the traffic was low after 2 am until the sunrise.

Rated #1 public schools in the country for the second year in a row. Monster reason why people want to move here.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
The best irony is that biggest windbags insist they are so wealthy and successful and yet somehow can't afford to live anywhere else...

Meanwhile the population of NJ keeps increasing showing their theory is nothing but a lie.

So true. How many of the blustery fools in this thread are seriously going to pack up and move in the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT