ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers is scrimmaging Villanova on 10/17

Will there be a report on the scrimmage?
Not talking about final score, only if Pike is happy with the performance
Here's as much as we'll probably hear about the scrimmage. Apparently, there is no "final score", as the exercise is being described as a "series of controlled scrimmages." Jay Wright called us a "tough, outstanding defensive team", so, reading between the lines, we likely remain offensively challenged.

Wow what brought up that Duke game; I still see him missing that tap in (which is sad); think only loss I was at that was worse - was that chuck up bank shot by the Iowa kid. (Not counting Greensboro regional final)

Reactions: Scarlet83
Here's as much as we'll probably hear about the scrimmage. Apparently, there is no "final score", as the exercise is being described as a "series of controlled scrimmages." Jay Wright called us a "tough, outstanding defensive team", so, reading between the lines, we likely remain offensively challenged.

Or reading between the lines we are a tough, outstanding defensive team. Why do us Rutgers fans always search for the negative in these comments?

That’s what you got from that ?????

Last edited:
Reactions: ancienthooper
I'm not sure how someone came up with a final score for what appears to have been a series of situational scrimmages, but if that number is at all accurate it doesn't sound like we were too offensively challenged 🙂
Anybody who believed that final score should go by numskull. 😀

Last edited:
1980-1981...we lost by 1...missed a point blank layup at the buzzer and the rebound follow to lose ...
Yes. We were down something like 6 points with about 30 seconds left, with no three point arc. We had a furious comeback. Yes, I recall a contested shot and an offensive rebound contested shot that both missed as time elapsed. So damn close.

1980-1981...we lost by 1...missed a point blank layup at the buzzer and the rebound follow to lose ...
Yes, this was the first time I left my seat before the final buzzer and made my way towards the exit, figuring we had no chance in the final 30 seconds or so

I watched the final shot and tap attempt from the concourse
Vowed never to do that again

I always thought that Kelvin Troy had the worst layup technique of RU players

He would put the ball off the glass way too forcefully, resulting in many layups bounding off the rim

Reactions: Scarlet83
I'm surprised no credible information about the scrimmage has leaked out. I would expect bits of information on both teams would have hit social media by now. At least that's the case with most other B1G schools the last few days.

• Sad
Reactions: DirtyRU
I'm surprised no credible information about the scrimmage has leaked out. I would expect bits of information on both teams would have hit social media by now. At least that's the case with most other B1G schools the last few days.

Jay Wright is even more tight lipped about these types of things than Pikiell, which is saying something. I'm surprised anything has come out, which is why I would take that "tweet" with a huge grain of salt.

I saw Maryland released stats from their scrimmage. You are never getting that from a Wright v Pikiell scrimmage. Never.

Reactions: kcg88
I was at a Scrimmage a few years back between 2 D1 teams - had a family member on one Of them. I was the only one in the gym besides the teams. Not sure why no one questioned me. Anyway, there was so much situational stuff and use of the bench that the score, if they even kept it, would be irrelevant.

I was at a Scrimmage a few years back between 2 D1 teams - had a family member on one Of them. I was the only one in the gym besides the teams. Not sure why no one questioned me. Anyway, there was so much situational stuff and use of the bench that the score, if they even kept it, would be irrelevant.

What were some of the situational things?
Did they do more than just play the game?

Can’t think of nearly as many situational things as in football (2 minute offense; starting at different yard lines; repeatedly running plays from any point on the field.)

In bounds plays? From different areas of the court?
Staying on one end of the court and letting one team repeatedly score on one basket while the other tried different defenses/rotations?

What were some of the situational things?
Did they do more than just play the game?

Can’t think of nearly as many situational things as in football (2 minute offense; starting at different yard lines; repeatedly running plays from any point on the field.)

In bounds plays? From different areas of the court?
Staying on one end of the court and letting one team repeatedly score on one basket while the other tried different defenses/rotations?
The more situational the practice, the less important is the final score

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT