ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Returns Home to Host Stony Brook Saturday

Listen, I hope you’re right and I’m wrong, but this program is regressing and it’s not just about FOGO’s. Let’s be honest.
Much of it gets back to the fogo. You cannot win games at this level. I would also say our D had a very rough day. Specifically our D middies. They were continuously out of position and allowing guys to get their hands free.
10-30 at the x and we lose by 1. I don’t care who you are playing, you give another team that many possessions at this level and you will lose.

The game is what it is, but you can see why the Olympics are taking faceoffs out of the game. It’s become too specialized and impacts the game way too much.

But, this is the game now and this is where we are. I’m not sure where we go from here. No easy answers when you are this ineffective at arguably the most important spot.

Much of it gets back to the fogo. You cannot win games at this level. I would also say our D had a very rough day. Specifically our D middies. They were continuously out of position and allowing guys to get their hands free.
10-30 at the x and we lose by 1. I don’t care who you are playing, you give another team that many possessions at this level and you will lose.

The game is what it is, but you can see why the Olympics are taking faceoffs out of the game. It’s become too specialized and impacts the game way too much.

But, this is the game now and this is where we are. I’m not sure where we go from here. No easy answers when you are this ineffective at arguably the most important spot.
Campus wide open try outs.:)

Reactions: Foads

I love ya’ brother and understand BUT: CAN NOT lose to Stony Brook in Year 9. Period.

Must be nice to be a head coach and not have to deal with the press and try to spin how you got your program to #1 but have now f’ed up so badly year after year after year with the same failure at the same key position.

Brecht should be on a very hot seat. Never solved face off issue, which is becoming his Waterloo.

Last edited:
Reactions: knight82
It seems like every year lately so many people think this will be the year for RU having an outstanding lacrosse team yet we keep falling short every season. Why does this keep happening?

It seems like every year lately so many people think this will be the year for RU having an outstanding lacrosse team yet we keep falling short every season. Why does this keep happening?

Succinctly, 2,3,4 years ago, our face off guys (fogo) have not been able to play as well against top B1G teams. This year, our face off guys are not winning face offs against almost ANYONE.

Can you imagine in basketball if our opponent gets possession of the ball most of the time after they just scored? It’s maddening for me to see our LAX team give up a goal and then the opponent wins the faceoff. I think we were 0-10 in 4th quarter face offs yesterday.

Can’t score without the ball. So frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUonBrain
Ott took two face offs yesterday and
Lost both of them, but at least he was out there. Where are the rest of the fogo’s.

They should hire Joe Nardella as the FOGO coach.. If we cant recruit the right fogos, maybe one of the best can coach them up?

Well that’s on the HC. Period.

It looks like it was reported that in January 2019, Brecht's contract was extended until 2023. Assuming he's got guaranteed money until then, Hobbs' typical play (as he has done with all non-revenue sports) would be to let the contract expire and then replace him. So it could be that there will be three more seasons after this one of Brecht.

It looks like it was reported that in January 2019, Brecht's contract was extended until 2023. Assuming he's got guaranteed money until then, Hobbs' typical play (as he has done with all non-revenue sports) would be to let the contract expire and then replace him. So it could be that there will be three more seasons after this one of Brecht.

Oh I know. He’s not going anywhere BUT if the FOGO issue isn’t resolved - With recruiting not looking like it’s taken a great uptick despite the new facility so far someone please tell me if I’m wrong - That could likely be 12 seasons and no postseason.

Reactions: Wolv RU
Sounds about right when it comes to recruiting. Someone on here already said that we have had 3 flips with two of them going to Big Ten foes and one of them a high ranked Fogo to Syracuse. I was also told that one of the kids was a Jersey kid who would have been one, if not our highest ranked player ever and he flipped to Michigan after his club team shopped him around after he committed to RU.

ADVERTISEMENT