ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Million-Dollar Guarantee To Liberty Proved To Be A Wise Investment

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Damn straight.
JP Pelzman- the best beat writer for Rutgers when he was still working for the local press (only parts of article quoted):

So at least in that sense, the money was well-spent, as Rutgers avoided similar scenarios of the past two seasons, when it lost “buy” games to Buffalo ($900K in 2018) and Eastern Michigan ($860K in 2017), per nj.com. But it was hard to ignore the monetary woes on display Saturday as Rutgers continues to literally pay the price for the failed Chris Ash era.

The announced crowd of 23,058 included paid tickets, but the actual in-house attendance appeared to be less than half of that.

The obvious way to win back many of those people (and their wallets) would be to re-hire Greg Schiano, who took over a similarly downtrodden Rutgers program in 2001 and eventually turned it into a perennial bowl participant, going 5-1 in bowl games.

Make no mistake, Schiano and the football program still would drive the proverbial bus at Rutgers, especially if he could bring the Scarlet Knights back to respectability. But football cannot be treated as the only game in town at Rutgers anymore, and Schiano would have to get used to that.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jppelz...lj83R3PmXaus66SVktwaiRdhn9fqFSzZklWCW_lX6Lgcc

Bring it on. Time to stop ****ing around.
giphy.gif

Reactions: RUskoolie
If Schiano comes back I really don’t think Hobbs would be funneling money to football at the expense of Olympic sports. Rutgers is in a much better place financially.Basketball is drawing more, If football makes a comeback, there should be plenty to go around. The BIG money is right around the corner.

If Schiano comes back I really don’t think Hobbs would be funneling money to football at the expense of Olympic sports. Rutgers is in a much better place financially.Basketball is drawing more, If football makes a comeback, there should be plenty to go around. The BIG money is right around the corner.
if we hire GS, he is already funneling money to football.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Damn straight.
JP Pelzman- the best beat writer for Rutgers when he was still working for the local press (only parts of article quoted):

So at least in that sense, the money was well-spent, as Rutgers avoided similar scenarios of the past two seasons, when it lost “buy” games to Buffalo ($900K in 2018) and Eastern Michigan ($860K in 2017), per nj.com. But it was hard to ignore the monetary woes on display Saturday as Rutgers continues to literally pay the price for the failed Chris Ash era.

The announced crowd of 23,058 included paid tickets, but the actual in-house attendance appeared to be less than half of that.

The obvious way to win back many of those people (and their wallets) would be to re-hire Greg Schiano, who took over a similarly downtrodden Rutgers program in 2001 and eventually turned it into a perennial bowl participant, going 5-1 in bowl games.

Make no mistake, Schiano and the football program still would drive the proverbial bus at Rutgers, especially if he could bring the Scarlet Knights back to respectability. But football cannot be treated as the only game in town at Rutgers anymore, and Schiano would have to get used to that.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jppelz...lj83R3PmXaus66SVktwaiRdhn9fqFSzZklWCW_lX6Lgcc
FB may not be the ONLY GAME IN TOWN AT THIS POINT.I agree,BUT once RU starts winning again ,it WILL be the MAJOR game in town. Hoops IS on the rise and that is good. BUT ,FB is King and will always reign as such.

FB may not be the ONLY GAME IN TOWN AT THIS POINT.I agree,BUT once RU starts winning again ,it WILL be the MAJOR game in town. Hoops IS on the rise and that is good. BUT ,FB is King and will always reign as such.
I agree but tell that to schools like shu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT