ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers set to hire Kick Ciarrocca as OC

I'm of the mindset that I have kind of written off Schiano ... So this to me isn't that bad of a hire. Get the team to be average over the next two seasons ... Both in terms of talent and somewhat respectability in terms of wins (6?) / competitive games (just feeling like we were in it after the half)

And then move on
Are you upset it is not the guy in your avatar?

28298.jpg

Who were people seriously expecting?

The only splash namse I can think of who were/are available are Matt Canada and/or Paul Chryst.
Didn’t expect much. As the delays mounted expected even less. Would have rather had a successful play caller from a lower conference versus a retread. Also would rather someone that offers a little more on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Brutal. This program is so lame. I was excited for Schiano 2.0 but now think he’s totally out of his league. I mean, Tulane beat USC this year. We could never dream of doing that. I’ve been following for 20 years now and we’ve had a good QB for like 2 years max. Until we can get a QB, we’ll remain a joke and unfortunately Greg has proven he can’t develop QBs. Such a weak and depressing hire.

Brutal. This program is so lame. I was excited for Schiano 2.0 but now think he’s totally out of his league. I mean, Tulane beat USC this year. We could never dream of doing that. I’ve been following for 20 years now and we’ve had a good QB for like 2 years max. Until we can get a QB, we’ll remain a joke and unfortunately Greg has proven he can’t develop QBs. Such a weak and depressing hire.
Oh and don’t bring up NIL for our lack of ability to be even a .500 program. Doubt Tulane is coordinating strong NIL deals.

Positive is we’re spending some level of money despite what people think of us having none. Negative I’m not sure KC is worth it but we’ll see.

From the article:

The deal with Ciarrocca, who is currently the offensive coordinator at Minnesota, has not been completed and requires board approval, but it's expected to be finalized in the upcoming days. The commitment is expected to be significant, according to sources, as Ciarrocca was slated to average $950,000 over the next three years in Minneapolis after recently signing a new deal there.

Positive is we’re spending some level of money despite what people think of us having none. Negative I’m not sure KC is worth it but we’ll see.

From the article:

The deal with Ciarrocca, who is currently the offensive coordinator at Minnesota, has not been completed and requires board approval, but it's expected to be finalized in the upcoming days. The commitment is expected to be significant, according to sources, as Ciarrocca was slated to average $950,000 over the next three years in Minneapolis after recently signing a new deal there.

"top coordinator" ....

Ciarrocca has established himself as a top coordinator through his work under P.J. Fleck at both Western Michigan and two separate stints under Fleck at Minnesota. He's served as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at both stops. Ciarrocca's reputation is as a sound coach who seeks physical offensive lines, balance and playing mistake-free football.

So obviously Schiano trusts him enough to let him own the offense and trusts him as a teacher.

My question is who called who? Did Greg seek him out or did Kirk call Greg.

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Only winning team they beat was Syracuse in the Pinstripe bowl. They had the easiest schedule and most experienced team in the Big Ten.
Well they Had “The Drive” against us !! 99.5 yards with coach Kirk outwitting the schiano defense . Perhaps , the greatest college drive we have ever seen !

. And I’m pretty sure when he was here his first go around he ran a pro style offense? Correct me if I’m wrong
No, he was brought in here to change the offense to a spread. Greg to that point had recruited for a pro-style. It turned into a lot of Jabu/Sanu Wild Knight. Everyone's now darling, Flood couldn't recruit a lineman if his life depended on it and we wound up with one of the worst offensive lines in the history of the NCAA.

I'm of the mindset that I have kind of written off Schiano ... So this to me isn't that bad of a hire. Get the team to be average over the next two seasons ... Both in terms of talent and somewhat respectability in terms of wins (6?) / competitive games (just feeling like we were in it after the half)

And then move on
70th in offense with our defense and we go bowling.....really?

70th in offense with our defense and we go bowling.....really?
Yes
A competent offense gives the D some rest. Which makes them better. Resulting in better starting field position and better opportunities.

I like the hire. Kirk is a good fit for a blue collar team. Which is what we are.
I'll take lunch pail guys all day.

Unless somebody suddenly throws $100mil NIL dollars our way. That's who we are.

exactly, I’m actually surprised we got a guy who’s been the offensive coordinator at the Power 5. This job is not appealing at all.

Almost as bad as the Schiano lap dogs.
It's not lap dogs; its all we have. Do YOU have the money to buy out his contract? Or contacts you can reach out to that can buy him out? I mean, you guys kill me with this crap. We have to support who we have. If Schiano does nothing in the portal, or doesn't give the OC his own room to make up a gameplan and call his own plays, then Schiano will meet his own end, and he'll deserve it, then we can hire someone else. I'll be all for that. I hope Schiano does well, but I'm no lap dog; I'll get rid of him in a heartbeat. I want to win; have had season tickets since I graduated in "90, so been through all the crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT