ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Maryland / Game Thread

Same old story every game and year . Other teams all have multiple players that can shoot and create . We never do , year after year minus Corey . It’s getting to the point of ridiculousness . Gio has been horrible the last month . We’ve barely played so he can’t be tired . I’m not a fan of how we run our offense but that’s besides the point that we can’t shoot and haven’t been able to since the Waters days

Reactions: Rutgers25 and DJK8
Prime example of bad coaching. Two shots early in the possession with the shot clock off. Hold for the last shot, why give Maryland a shot at scoring?

My opinion is that that was not a good half.

Put another way, forty is too many to give up.
Put yet another way, nineteen is too few to score.

This is just one of those games where one team is having a good day and the other a not so great day. I wouldn't bury your team over it...

Pretty much crushed in every facet. Very soft performance. No leadership. Bludgeoned on the boards and cat shoot worth shit. Terrible performance. Gonna be a long year sadly. Maryland isn’t that great and making them look invincible.

John Wooden: don’t whine, don’t complain, don’t make excuses.

The refs are against us, our starters are gassed from playing too many minutes this season, we’re young, guys have lingering illnesses.

Every year we hear this stuff. We suck.

Same old clown show we’ve seen for 25 years. We are terrible as usual. Don’t say we’re a young team. Maryland is young too. How long does coach have to turn this around? Hobbs doesn’t fire coaches he hires.

This is just one of those games where one team is having a good day and the other a not so great day. I wouldn't bury your team over it...
Except in B1G play we're almost always the team having a not so great day. At some point those not so great days add up to just a bad team.

Lol...seriously we’ve barely played. Baker is overrated. Average player.

Go back and watch his tape of the BIG tournament last year. He’s hardly an average player. My point was there’s too much being put on him this year. He needs a supporting cast.

Reactions: DJK8
At least when I was in school when Waters was coaching we beat ranked teams at Rac abs were at least a 500 team . Those teams had guys like Shields and Coleman that could shoot the hell out of it at least at the RAC. Besides douby who the hell have we had that can shoot ? Maybe Myles Mack who was like 5’10 on a good day . It is really embarrassing year after year

At least when I was in school when Waters was coaching we beat ranked teams at Rac abs were at least a 500 team . Those teams had guys like Shields and Coleman that could shoot the hell out of it at least at the RAC. Besides douby who the hell have we had that can shoot ? Maybe Myles Mack who was like 5’10 on a good day . It is really embarrassing year after year

Hell I was there during the Hill years and we'd be good to knock off a ranked team once a year or so... Who ever thought I'd be missing THAT?

Same old clown show we’ve seen for 25 years. We are terrible as usual. Don’t say we’re a young team. Maryland is young too. How long does coach have to turn this around? Hobbs doesn’t fire coaches he hires.
Well he did fire the abusive women’s swimming coach. He even paid her an extra 1 million dollars beyond the rest of her contract just to leave

Their body language changed once the calls started to go against them, esp those 2 calls changed from for us to against us b2b, almost as if they said to themselves "Here we go again". It's a mental beatdown, game after game, year after year. They need to push through and they don't.

Really, like everyone doesn't know why the rule was implemented. You have to be kidding me with this response. It wasn't even called a hook and hold. Go back to your higher priority game.
We'll look for you when we need some recruiting info. Stick to what your good at.
Oh now I'm going to watch the entire second half lol

Reactions: koleszar
Pike needs to shoulder blame here. He’s molded this team to
Go back and watch his tape of the BIG tournament last year. He’s hardly an average player. My point was there’s too much being put on him this year. He needs a supporting cast.

Those kind of games are way to infrequent. He’s been terrible for a month. Even against weak competition.

We are by far the worse big team in the country. Very little BB skill set on the offensive end especially when a basket is crucial. Then if we hold the other team scoreless for 5 minutes, we don't score enough to make it count.
Being a BAD shooting team doesn't lead to many wins and now it gets harder with B1G games. We are who we are and that's just the way it will be unless we improve substantially.

Geo's first shot attempt is a rebuke to the "stop shooting threes" crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT