ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Maryland / Game Thread

I just left. Simply put, reality is were a bad basketball team and dont have enough big ten quality players. Montez is showing huge flashes but what the **** is pike doing playing issa so much when hes a HUGE gaping hole in the O? Pike better get some shooters on this team fast. The only play we have who can get to the rim is montez. Teams are swarming geo outside. This team misses corey dearly.

Bottom line pike needs to start recruiting players who can score. You can teach defense, it’s alot harder to teach natural scoring ability.

If Thiam is still sick, and literally can’t buy a basket, why is he even out there? He should be a match up nightmare for every team we play yet he’s a non factor

Just play Mathis Harper McConnell Johnson a ton of minutes all season to get them experience for next year. Less thiam doorson and kiss
Agreed. Harper, mathis and mcconnell should be our leaders in minutes here on out outside of geo and eugene

Reactions: Scangg and DJK8
My guess is Pike knows the game is over so he is trying to get Issa going and give him some confidence going forward . Problem is he’s horrible and it’s probably doing the opposite

Wow ... just turned in ...looks like betting on UMD was guaranteed money ... really expected 10-12 point loss, not 20-30

McConnell and Mathis have SO much potential. They need all the minutes they can get to prepare for future seasons

Maryland is only shooting 33% on threes. Not a case of shooting variance doing us in.

I wonder why we didn't see more Carter in the first half when the offense was sputtering. Or why he isn't out there now.
The rotation today is head scratching for sure

I haven't been very impressed with Geo's off ball play. Everyone seems to assume him moving to SG will cure everything.

Bac:

I think Kiss needs some help to build back up his confidence and maybe more hours in the weight room.

He was an offensive threat in the beginning of the year and now he is MIA.

McConnell, Mathis, Harper, Omoruyi, Carter should be our starting five next game. Not even joking.

Just play Mathis Harper McConnell Johnson a ton of minutes all season to get them experience for next year. Less thiam doorson and kiss
Agreed. Although, I think Kiss can still be salvageable. Unfortunately, he's too streaky. And lastly, we need to get Geo right. He looks terrible out there.

Reactions: Scangg
Agreed. Although, I think Kiss can still be salvageable. Unfortunately, he's too streaky. And lastly, we need to get Geo right. He looks terrible out there.
Kiss is so limited with his lack of handle I don’t see him ever being a factor.

Our bench outplayed theirs. Put this one on Baker and Kiss doing nothing and Omoruyi doing little.

Kiss is so limited with his lack of handle I don’t see him ever being a factor.
He's streaky. But if he can get hot from outside, he can be a decent contributor. Sadly he's looked terrible of late. He wasn't too bad in the two opening B1G games. But then again, our entire team looks terrible out there.

Hope you’re right not seeing it. Maybe he catches lighting in a bottle and scores 10 points one night.

Reactions: RU MAN
Sorry for the outburst. I've now reached the point of apathy, you caught me at anger.

giphy.gif
All good. I was low key hoping for a Rutgers win btw.

Reactions: Scangg and koleszar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT