ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Ohio State / Game Thread

Sorry but this is moronic coaching at this point. What was the point of keeping Sitkowski in? What was the point of that last pass as time ran out?

No you keep him in there. Trial by fire. This is what happens with a true fresh QB. More reps means more learning.

So, if this was going to be Ash's measuring stick for "progress" I assume this means we've regressed, no? Looks like it on the field - we have not done a single thing well this half, not one.

Reactions: bac2therac
No you keep him in there. Trial by fire. This is what happens with a true fresh QB. More reps means more learning.
Our Oline is getting crucified. I agree against similar talent but not to have him be a tackling dummy, That teaches you absolutely nothing and leads directly to injuries which it just did. The coaches should have realized that talent differential was too vast to overcome. Calling a pass play from your 30, 8 secs. to go in the half. For what? A learning experience we weren't running a two minute offense. We were killing the clock.

Last edited:
We are in the Terry Shea era

The program is dormant. My interest in this football program is equal to back then. Go to games but the tv turned off in the 2nd. Right now Rutgers is a running joke across the country..not just for this game..but because most believe we shouldn't be in this conference. With 3-4 automatic losses every year and so so recruiting I dont see Ash dynamic enough to close the gap nor do I see the administration willing to pour as much money as they can for coaches.
Long suffering season ticket holders continue watching a football program which is unprepared talent and coaching wise to successfully compete in a power conference.

The current situation is basically kick the can down the road until full funding occurs and some miracle happens in regard to administration decision making on future coaches.

Long suffering season ticket holders continue watching a football program which is unprepared talent and coaching wise to successfully compete in a power conference.

The current situation is basically kick the can down the road until full funding occurs and some miracle happens in regard to administration decision making on future coaches.

this part scares me the most. I doubt we have any plans to invest those mega millions. we'll continue to play the "its the facilities" line and not even use the Pikel coaching success to realize how it is the guy running the show that matters most. I get zero excitement coming from Ash. Zero fire.

Reactions: ruronny
Keeping Art in wasn't the problem, the blocking scheme was the problem. If they put in another QB he would get hit too. Watching these OSU players, man they are so good. Much better than last year.

giphy.gif

So how do we compare to a Sun Belt team?
This team maybe 4th in the conference. We're bad and now with no Sitkowski things just got worse. He didn't even make it out of the locker room it's bad. I just don't get it, some players sit for precautionary reasons, our OLine a sieve today, QB getting killed you keep him in there. Moronic decision making IMO.

He was getting the stuffing beat out of him. OSU has scary good lines. Get him some experience, and as soon as things get ugly (unsafe), rotate the qb’s

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT