ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Penn State / Game #2 Thread

Now you're playing a woken up Indy needing wins and on the road. Good luck. Hello first round.

Thought at some point - Geo would get a big one to go. Loss really hurts. But for Baker to go (0-10) and we still almost won - shows how much this team continues to grow

I really thought his 3 on the last possession would fall....well, just not his night to make a game winner.

I really thought his 3 on the last possession would fall....well, just not his night to make a game winner.
Or any shot.
Rule number 1. If you're not making shots..drive and get to the line.

Nope, stay outside and chuck. They knew that same last second shot was coming top of key.

Only saying this cause we lost.

Myles has to dunk it instead of passing out to perimeter.
No...he has one so call it and set up your bread and butter which is iso for geo.....

And if he did that..we’d be complaining why did he go to Gio who was 0 for 10.

Nothing wrong with letting them play. Had the chances that last possession to win,

You're wrong! Myles got the ball and there was NO ONE to guard him. He panicked and threw it out instead of dunking the damn ball. If he did. It's game over.

But that play aside. Miles was once again awesome down the stretch. He's not our offensive go to guy so his instincts were somebody else shoot. It was there. He'll regret that. But he was great again.

But that play aside. Miles was once again awesome down the stretch. He's not our offensive go to guy so his instincts were somebody else shoot. It was there. He'll regret that. But he was great again.
I'm NOT complaining about Myles. I love Myles. Why don't you get that???? His instincts there were off. He should have dunked the damn ball, but his instinct at that moment IMO, was to throw it outside. He needs to take charge there and dunk the damn ball That's all I'm saying. He dunks it there and we win the damn game!

He was. And he's a RS freshman with 3 years ahead of him. This is a lesson - he needs to be more aggressive, and to go harder to the rim. He's been awesome this year - and he'll be better next year, partly due to this moment.

I'm NOT complaining about Myles. I love Myles. Why don't you get that???? His instincts there were off. He should have dunked the damn ball, but his instinct at that moment IMO, was to throw it outside. He needs to take charge there and dunk the damn ball That's all I'm saying. He dunks it there and we win the damn game!
Chill out. Who said I didn't.

You're wrong! Myles got the ball and there was NO ONE to guard him. He panicked and threw it out instead of dunking the damn ball. If he did. It's game over.
I don’t know....but he did have a timeout to use. That’s all I’m saying. Call it and settle the guys down.

Exactly how? Slow down and read my comments.

That play aside ...um agree.
It was there. Um agree.
He'll regret it...

Man..just saying otherwise ....OTHERWISE...meaning not counting that play, decision, missed opportunity he was good.

I can't help you beyond that my friend. I'm frustrated too but picking a fight not there.

I don’t know....but he did have a timeout to use. That’s all I’m saying. Call it and settle the guys down.
I have mixed emotions on this. I thought in real time Pike should have taken a TO. But I understand in that moment, we had all of the momentum and should have hit a shot and won the game. We had 4 opportunities, especially when Myles got the ball wide open after a missed shot. Instead of dunking the ball, he passed it out. Big mistake. He dunks it there, it's game over, because PSU didn't have a TO.

Ps..."it was there" as in he (miles) had the shot.

Exactly how? Slow down and read my comments.

That play aside ...um agree.
It was there. Um agree.
He'll regret it...

Man..just saying otherwise ....OTHERWISE...meaning not counting that play, decision, missed opportunity he was good.

I can't help you beyond that my friend. I'm frustrated too but picking a fight not there.
In rereading your post, I think I overreacted about your comment, "He's not our offensive go to guy so his instincts were somebody else shoot." I thought you were giving him cover for not dunking the ball. Sorry. I'm just mad that his instinct there was to pass it outside instead of dunking it there when no one was covering him. If he dunks it there, it's game over. PSU did not have a TO.

I thought the same until the replay. If Miles dunked it, there was still time left on the clock for PSU to get in a play. Not a guarantee win.

Go RU!
Diane

Heart Break Hotel.Another winnable game that Rutgers gave away with a abysmal first half followed by a gallant second half surge that resulted in a one point loss.Some day Rutgers will learn to make layups and be more consistent shooting 3 pointers and the end result will be wins instead of gut wrenching losses.Time and again Rutgers needed a go to scorer in crunch time and fans kept waiting for Baker to make a 3 pointer but it didn't happen.In fact the 3 point shooting all game was abysmal which made the comeback more challenging.I give the team credit for not giving up after the dreadful first half.They played hard but once again lack shooters with the game on the line.Rutgers really needs a player like Stevens who can create shots off the dribble from any where on the court and is a very good foul shooter.The crowd was outstanding and in the second half the noise was deafening.The RAC would have been total madness if only Rutgers could make a layup on the last shots of the game.

Reactions: RU MAN
We should have called a timeout is a bad take. We got multiple great looks to win the game. That's more than you can ask for. No way we get that many good looks off a timeout. You can't just say we should have called a timeout because we didn't convert. The looks were there. Really really good looks all bc we DIDN'T call a timeout

In rereading your post, I think I overreacted about your comment, "He's not our offensive go to guy so his instincts were somebody else shoot." I thought you were giving him cover for not dunking the ball. Sorry. I'm just mad that his instinct there was to pass it outside instead of dunking it there when no one was covering him. If he dunks it there, it's game over. PSU did not have a TO.

Cool.

I just watched it like 3 times, and there would have been like 7 or 8 seconds there for them to inbounds and get it up court.

Watching miles post game..lesson learned.

Penn State fan here. Another view on Myles: He kind of bobbled it a bit and I bet he thought he'd be called for traveling if he tried to gather it, so he got rid of it to a guy with a clean look.

Turned out to be a game-winning break for Penn State that the feed wasn't clean. Pretty smart play by the kid after the bobble, if that's the way it went down.

What happened after that was typical end-game stuff when the ball is bouncing around.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I’m still sad about the end of that game so maybe I shouldn’t be posting shoulda coulda woulda stuff.

But this game, the Iowa dagger, and Fordham all with different outcomes and we're playing in Bloomington Sunday with a chance to win and get on the bubble going into the B1G tourney.....

I feel like this time next year the conversation on this board is a lot different. Go RU.

Reactions: koko2315
Why would anyone question their effort?
I think it is our being a little flat in relation to Penn St being super-amped-up. We usually over come a talent shortage by being bigger, playing tougher, and winning in the last 15 minutes of the game (which we very nearly did). It actually offers a perspective on what Iowa, Nebraska or (now) Indiana sees when they play us on a good night. Nobody wants to play us on a good night. I'm confident that now we'll do to Indiana what we did to Iowa (Game 1 or 2) and we'll be ape-s#!t in the Tournament.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Ill leave it at this.....great comeback from an extremely poor 1st half. This is one game in a development process. The real prize starts next year. Lets finish this year off strong finish 500 hopefully get an NIT bid and make that push for NCAA next year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT