ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Penn State / Match Thread

ByeNow2_zps0sfqowwz.jpg

You seriously think JVB tried to hurt Nolf on purpose? You must be trolling because that is ludicrous. Maybe the ref should have stepped in sooner, but JVB is always funky and it was just an unfortunate outcome.
This! Just look at the video. JVB was holding on for dear life and was not twisting or forcing. You know what Penn State fans, you have an awesome wrestling team, plain and simple. But you wonder why the whole Big 10 hates you, it is your fans are delusional in so many ways. When will you get some class.

BTW I hope he is not injured to the point where he cannot finish the year.

This! Just look at the video. JVB was holding on for dear life and was not twisting or forcing. You know what Penn State fans, you have an awesome wrestling team, plain and simple. But you wonder why the whole Big 10 hates you, it is your fans are delusional in so many ways. When will you get some class.

BTW I hope he is not injured to the point where he cannot finish the year.
Look at the video he was cranking on Nolfs ankle, no saying he hurt him on purpose but I’m sure. We can agree the official did not do his job.

Lol salty PSU fans as usual .. RU cost them a national championship just like RU “cost” Saquon Barley the heisman .. get over it!! Haha

Reactions: needmorecowbell
Look at the video he was cranking on Nolfs ankle, no saying he hurt him on purpose but I’m sure. We can agree the official did not do his job.

Sorry, I don’t see it. It’s like every other funk position. Ref needs to call stalemate or potentially dangerous when there is no advancement. What do you want JVB to do, let go of the leg and give up a TD in a 5-4 match? Please get a clue.

Ref absolutely should have blown the whistle. I feel horrible for Nolf and hope he can wrestle again this year but I don't think Van Brill was trying to hurt him. DeLuca trying to box Zain was BS.

Ref absolutely should have blown the whistle. I feel horrible for Nolf and hope he can wrestle again this year but I don't think Van Brill was trying to hurt him. DeLuca trying to box Zain was BS.

Agree 100% . The ref was horrible throughout the match and takes much of the blame for Nolfs injury imo

DeLuca lucky the ref so bad he wasnt DQ'd

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof

Agree. Deluca was too aggressive with the hands. Van Brill was not trying to injure him and the fact PSU fans think that is nonsense. Nolf had a takedown or two earlier doing that exact same move and getting in that position. Van Brill has a right to hold on for dear life to not give up points. If anything, blame the ref, but you can't blame the kid. Unfortunate for sure and you hate to see that happen. Hope Nolf's ok

Wished DeLuca would tone down the head shots. Otherwise, RU wrestled tough and I'm very proud of their effort. Shame about Nolf as I enjoy watching him. Hope it is not as bad as it looked.

Cael not speaking with the media afterwards was disappointing.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
Good match Rutgers! You guys have a lot of really good wrestlers. I was really impressed with Lewis, your 165.. Not many kids can go toe to toe with Joseph, and he did just that. Ignore the jerks that are saying the Nolf injury was anything malicious, it just comes from a place of hurt, knowing that it likely costs us a shot at a natty without Nolf. If anything, it was the refs fault for not identifying the danger Nolf was in until it was too late. I thought they were absolutely horrible all around today. Wasn't particularly thrilled with the "style" DeLuca wrestled, but what can you do. Good luck going forward.

Johnni DiJulius

@johnnidijulius

A lot of people saying Rutgers is cheap/dirty...don’t forget this is WRESTLING. You are not supposed to like the guy across from you. Rutgers might not win but they always bring the fight.

That being said, Vanbrill was not intentional with Nolfs knee. I do hope he is alright.

Bo Nickal

@NoBickal

It’s wrestling, not fighting. Wrestling is not about who can hit the other guy harder in the face.
4:42 PM - Jan 28, 2018

2 2 Replies
10 10 Retweets

Game Winner @LewisRichie

If we was fighting you’d already be asleep. Talk that talk on twitter can run up to the heldrich now. https://twitter.com/nobickal/status/957730503259500550
4:56 PM - Jan 28, 2018

Can Brill was right in front of me as I have mat side seats. He did not do anything wrong as both Nolf and JVB are funk wrestlers. That increases the chance someone gets hurt. I agree DeLuca has to stop the crap. No need for that and stupid to cost himself points. Best we have wrestled all year. Lewis and Gravina let them know they were in a match. I will say I wish Nolf can return but my fear is it is and ACL. That probably costs PSU a shot at beating OSU

After watching this match, I think Ohio St learned, if they can wrestle with attitude, like our guys did today, and with Nolf possibly out, unfortunately, they can beat Penn St , and rather easily. The Penn St guys, as talented as they are, looked like they were surprised at the physicality of the matches. Only thing is, Ohio St , for the most part, aren't physical either, as witnessed in their Iowa match.
IF we had solid guys at 197 and 285, RU could have took this PSU match, w the Nolf injury, and even in that match JVB wasn't backing down.

Loved Suriano and Del Vech coming up big as well.

Sorry, I get it. It’s like every other funk position. Ref needs to call stalemate or potentially dangerous when there is no advancement. What do you want JVB to do, let go of the leg and give up a TD in a 5-4 match? Please get a clue.
Watch the video. Van Brill was cranking ontheankle not improving position.
Fify

Best we have wrestled all year.

That's just sad. Rutgers won one match against an overmatched guy that has won one bout all year (against an F&M backup) and won one close match. It kept a couple close that didn't project to be that close. Take away Suriano, and how many takedowns did Rutgers get all day? Less than 5? Yep. Four if you count Delvecchio's late one - two for DelV, one for JVB and one borderline for Gravina. So really 3 that mattered at all and one of them probably could have been challenged successfully. If that's the "best", then I'm sorry. I will say Penn State wrestled really poorly. Not a great effort on their part and probably the flattest effort I've seen since Cael took over. But the final score was something more like 30-9 without Nolf's injury and takedowns were something like 30-8.

That's just sad. Rutgers won one match against an overmatched guy that has won one bout all year (against an F&M backup) and won one close match. It kept a couple close that didn't project to be that close. Take away Suriano, and how many takedowns did Rutgers get all day? Less than 5? Yep. Four if you count Delvecchio's late one - two for DelV, one for JVB and one borderline for Gravina. So really 3 that mattered at all and one of them probably could have been challenged successfully. If that's the "best", then I'm sorry. I will say Penn State wrestled really poorly. Not a great effort on their part and probably the flattest effort I've seen since Cael took over. But the final score was something more like 30-9 without Nolf's injury and takedowns were something like 30-8.

You are as pathetic as the rest of you snowflake fan base. You and the rest of your snide, Ped loving fans, should stick to the Sandusky board. Should I copy and post the nasty things you posted on the Pedophile Wrestling board today ? If your dirty Zain Retheroford didn't keep trying to rip off the ankle of his opponents , maybe his teammate Nolf wouldn't have had bad luck. Karma is a Beotch. And your Coach was Classless as well , today.
Your passive wrestlers weren't as impressive as they usually are... guess they aren't as tough as you thought they were. Where is the Zitlion saying Ped st would win by 39? Joseph was backpedaling at the end, as was Nickal. Suriano and Del Vech made a mockery of your guys. Even DeLuca exposed Retherford today. Hey, rest of NCAA..... Ped St will backpedal when pushed. And their coach and bench will whimper and cry.
Now get lost, and go back to the Ped board.

And penn st fans can't figure out why no one in the B1G likes them. I think this guy just gave our friends in State College the answer.

You are as pathetic as the rest of you snowflake fan base. You and the rest of your snide, Ped loving fans, should stick to the Sandusky board. Should I copy and post the nasty things you posted on the Pedophile Wrestling board today ? If your dirty Zain Retheroford didn't keep trying to rip off the ankle of his opponents , maybe his teammate Nolf wouldn't have had bad luck. Karma is a Beotch. And your Coach was Classless as well , today.
Your passive wrestlers weren't as impressive as they usually are... guess they aren't as tough as you thought they were. Where is the Zitlion saying Ped st would win by 39?
Now get lost, and go back to the Ped board.
How has matter not been banned yet?

Reactions: jerzey devil
Let’s be honest ..PSU had the ref on their side all day ..Grello had back points ..clearly and he misses it ..NG take down awarded 30 seconds after he actually had it then same position a minute later and no TD call .. the guy was clearly one sided ..hell NS had that kid pinned about 10 seconds before he actually called it ..the bias was evident ...so stop crying and take your win and be happy

Well considering the PSU predictors had your big 5 all either tech falling our guys or pinning them I’m proud of how we wrestled them ..one win by default but JVB was giving that kid all he could handle ..Richie was a one point match and if thenstalling was being called both ways then this match might have went the other way ..Gravina got robbed ..plain and simple .. non TD call when it was same position a minute before and called a TD ..ref was so biased it was a disgrace ...all in all we battled ..even their national champs ...we took it to them

You have to be shitting me with this analysis. It has to be the most absurb analysis I've ever seen. Let's take out this weight class and this takedown or that takedown, but only in these certain situations and then count them up. What the fvck is that.

Your murders row had two guys stalling their asses off to protect 1 point leads at the end of the matches. But no according to you we didn't wrestle well.

The JVB vs. Nolf match was 5-4 at the time.Your boy was trying to improve his position and put more stress on his knee and you want JVB to ease off of a funk wrestler? What are you smoking?

Then you pull out the we were the flattest you've seen in 8 yrs.? Give me a break, with that grand daddy of an excuse. That's the one every fan base pulls out when the other team over preforms expectations.

Your just a horrible poster and I'm glad you made this post. Because I've known for a while the kind of poster you are. Now others will finally come to realize it. Your not here to talk wrestling, your only here to subtly demean our squad while telling us how superior you feel psu is.

Last edited:
Johnni DiJulius

@johnnidijulius

A lot of people saying Rutgers is cheap/dirty...don’t forget this is WRESTLING. You are not supposed to like the guy across from you. Rutgers might not win but they always bring the fight.

That being said, Vanbrill was not intentional with Nolfs knee. I do hope he is alright.

Bo Nickal

@NoBickal

It’s wrestling, not fighting. Wrestling is not about who can hit the other guy harder in the face.
4:42 PM - Jan 28, 2018

2 2 Replies
10 10 Retweets

Game Winner @LewisRichie

If we was fighting you’d already be asleep. Talk that talk on twitter can run up to the heldrich now. https://twitter.com/nobickal/status/957730503259500550
4:56 PM - Jan 28, 2018
But, it was wrestling, so Lewis lost.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Good match Rutgers! You guys have a lot of really good wrestlers. I was really impressed with Lewis, your 165.. Not many kids can go toe to toe with Joseph, and he did just that. Ignore the jerks that are saying the Nolf injury was anything malicious, it just comes from a place of hurt, knowing that it likely costs us a shot at a natty without Nolf. If anything, it was the refs fault for not identifying the danger Nolf was in until it was too late. I thought they were absolutely horrible all around today. Wasn't particularly thrilled with the "style" DeLuca wrestled, but what can you do. Good luck going forward.

Can Brill was right in front of me as I have mat side seats. He did not do anything wrong as both Nolf and JVB are funk wrestlers. That increases the chance someone gets hurt. I agree DeLuca has to stop the crap. No need for that and stupid to cost himself points. Best we have wrestled all year. Lewis and Gravina let them know they were in a match. I will say I wish Nolf can return but my fear is it is and ACL. That probably costs PSU a shot at beating OSU
DeLuca can't do that. I hate that crap. He can be physical, tough and aggressive without that. Everyone else was fine.
Watch the video. Van Brill was cranking ontheankle not improving position.
Fify
Cranking on the ankle? Are you blind? All he did was hold on to not give up the takedown. That's it. Blame the awful ref who didn't stop it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT