ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling ---- NCAA Tournament / Updates & Results (All Sessions)

We haven't had one guy beat a higher seed, and about 6 lose to a lower seed, and lost just about every toss up.

IMO, today has gone very bad.
No question, the only guys that have looked at their best or close to their best are Ashnault and Lewis, and even Lewis lost his tossup. Everyone else has disappointed. Still some time tonight to get back on track.

The team will adjust to the step up in atmosphere just like they did in the B1G tourney.

I hope our two lightweight recruits Mackall and Pritzal are ready next season. sorry if I misspelled their names.

5 wins so far. 2 by Ash. 11 losses. Hurts to type it. Giraldo the latest victom to sleep walk threw a match.

I'm shocked that people are surprised by Giraldo's performance. This is how he's been & he looks like 1 of those kids on a Sally Struthers commercial.

Giraldo,is either so burnt from weight cut,or he's going too be attending the Andrew Campolattano School of "I'm Done With This".Hard too believe this is the same kid that was pummeling NCAA Champ Cody Brewer.

Delvechio wanted to wrestle this year too... We should have just let Giraldo grow bigger and wrestle off Dippery at 49 and let Del wrestle 33. That kind of cut isn't worth it.
Don't forget Theo is coming back next year...he'll reclaim his 149 spot easily imo. Giraldo has got to be a backup 141. That's really all he can be.

Whoever said we were ready and came to wrestle was not watching the same team I am today. Long way to go to be elite.

First step is to qualify. Not ready to compete at this level yet (except AA). Was drinking the Kool-Aid thinking multiple AAs. Will be great experience for guys to get to that next level (like they did in the B1G).

Strength is really evident in this tournament. We look in most matches much weaker then our opponent.

Dippery wad also unseeded so what's your point?

What?

In an interview this week, Coach G said he felt the team was not prepared the last 2 NCAA tournys w going there only 1 day before the tourny started, so this year he decided to go even earlier, 2 days early, and let the kids get acclimated to the hotel, surroundings, and practice at the Tourny site. Welll.. the best laid plans of mice and men (?) lol

Aren't AP and RL still AA candidates? Not trying to be a jerk but wasn't that the ceiling?

Aren't AP and RL still AA candidates? Not trying to be a jerk but wasn't that the ceiling?

Yes they are. I think both cannot afford another loss however. The earlier you lose the more wrestle back matches you need to win to medal. Not easy .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT