ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling / West Coast Trip to Fresno State (Fri), CSU Bakersfield (Sat)

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Rutgers wrestling heads to the west coast to face Fresno State on Friday (10 p.m. ET) in Fresno, California and Cal State Bakersfield on Saturday (6:30 p.m.) in Bakersfield, California. Both matches will stream live, with the Fresno State match on FloWrestling and the CSU Bakersfield match on ESPN+.

The weekend road swing marks the first trip to California for the Scarlet Knights since the 2016-17 season, when RU opened up its season at San Francisco State (W, 45-0), CSU Bakersfield (W, 26-15) and Cal Poly (W, 38-4). Current Scarlet Knights Matthew Correnti, Jordan Pagano and Willie Scott all picked up victories during the three-match sweep.

https://scarletknights.com/news/201...ast-trip-to-fresno-state-csu-bakersfield.aspx

Reactions: c_husk
2nd match on ESPN 3.
That is free with ESPN subscription correct?

I know you pay for ESPN+

I think we could have two shutouts if things break right.

Against Fresno State, the matches that concern me are MVB at 157 and Grello at 174. Otherwise I think we are better at every weight. Fresno is missing their returning AA Hokit who is still playing football.

The only concern match against CSB is 197 as their starter, Ducharme, already beat Pagano in a close match last year. But I have to go with Pagano this time given the way he has been wrestling lately and I'm a total RU homer.

Against Fresno State, the matches that concern me are MVB at 157 and Grello at 174. Otherwise I think we are better at every weight. Fresno is missing their returning AA Hokit who is still playing football.

The only concern match against CSB is 197 as their starter, Ducharme, already beat Pagano in a close match last year. But I have to go with Pagano this time given the way he has been wrestling lately and I'm a total RU homer.
I'd be incredibly impressed if RU went 3000 miles and came home with 2 shutout dual wins.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
I'd be incredibly impressed if RU went 3000 miles and came home with 2 shutout dual wins.
Me too, and I think it is not likely.

Then I just look at the matchups through some scarlet-colored glasses...

In all seriousness, we match up well with both teams and have a better wrestler at virtually every spot

133 Joint vs Alverez
149 Gaxiola vs Angelo
Should also concern you and against Bakersfield
149 Rohlfing vs Angelo is a match that Rutgers isn't favored in

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Does anybody know if you can get this match with a btn+ subscription?

Rutgers (3-0) vs. Fresno State (0-3)
Friday, Nov. 15, 2019 | 10 p.m. ET
Save Mart Center | Fresno, Calif.
Video: FloWrestling | Live Scoring: TrackWrestling
Series History: Rutgers leads, 1-0
Last Meeting: Nov. 3, 2018 (Rutgers 30, Fresno State 6)

Rutgers (3-0) vs. Cal State Bakersfield (0-2)
Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019 | 6:30 p.m. ET
Icardo Center | Bakersfield, Calif.
Video: ESPN3 | Live Scoring: N/A
Series History: Rutgers leads, 2-0
Last Meeting: Nov. 11, 2016 (Rutgers 26, CSU Bakersfield 15)

BTW, The Minnesota vs RIder match at 133 had a Suriano/Fix like delay at end of match with multiple delays...Rider won the first 2 matches (125/133)

Last edited:
Chris Wright is at 133
Cefalo didn't wrestle

Tropea beat Patrick McKee

Rider has taken 3 of the first 5 matches....Score is tied 9-9

Women soccer lost ... RU Volleyball Lost 3-0 to a team they beat this year ... wrestlers please avoid the losing trifecta.

I have watched a lot of close matches today with freshman losing some matches (Oklahoma State and Minnesota)....I wouldn't expect a walk over for Rutgers. I would love to see the stomping! but nothing is certain

LOL....i "plan" to be up, but it is well past my bedtime....

Watched some Drexel vs OSU and now will watch Minny vs RIder
Either Rider is looking pretty damn good or Minny is not very good this year.

I don't know how tough Minnesota is but Rider is wrestling tough. With the exception of Mitch McKee match, Rider has been in every match.

Dean Sherry PINS returning all amercian Devin Skatska....

Rider is beating Minnesota 15-13 with 3 matches to go

Rider gave up a major late in 184 match...crap
17-15 Minnesota.

GOphers have Stevensen at Heavyweight....Unfortunately for them..it is older brother Bobby

Rider is wining 18-17 going to HWY

Last edited:
Colucci up 2-0, 1:07 remaining in the 1st.

Stoppage due to technical difficulties at the arena.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT