ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling / West Coast Trip to Fresno State (Fri), CSU Bakersfield (Sat)

Did you know our wrestlers are ranked in the USA?
Announcers have said ranked in the USA at least a dozen times.

I know nitpicking but i am angry Aragona lost

He looked terrible. Not aggressive and didn't push anything. Allowed the FSU guy to sit back and play D after his 1st period takedown.

Reactions: koleszar
Angelo has been really meh from the matches I've seen so far. No offense to the young man.

You guys need to relax. Yes, that was tough to watch and there will be growing pains but let’s not over analyze this kids season in November. Definitely work to be done though.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
It's so early in the season...these duals mean nothing. It's all about gaining experience and confidence.
Thus the "right now" part of my post. It could turn out to be a wise decision, but right now the loses are starting to mount.

O and Angelo is not the answer at 149. That weights a void.

You guys need to relax. Yes, that was tough to watch and there will be growing pains but let’s not over analyze this kids season in November. Definitely work to be done though.

Lol I’m very relaxed, just saying we should have redshirted him. That’s hard to do though when he wins the wrestle off and wants to compete so I understand.

Ultimately he’ll be fine... still adjusting

Lol I’m very relaxed, just saying we should have redshirted him. That’s hard to do though when he wins the wrestle off and wants to compete so I understand.

Ultimately he’ll be fine... still adjusting

I’m sorry, I missed the part where I mentioned you specifically in my post?

Angelo loses 15-4. Back to back meh performances. 149 is going to be a huge issue all year. He doesn't do much at all during the match.

Angelo loses 15-4. Back to back meh performances. 149 is going to be a huge issue all year. He doesn't do much at all during the match.
Sorry to say it, but Angelo isn't a Big 10 wrestler and I don't think he ever will be.

Win is a win ... Fresno is 0-3 and RU up be 7 ... so not worried.

14-7 at break......
Hope RU picks up- intensity the rest of the way
Crap I got confused for a second thinking wait, that wasn't the 157 match. I forgot we started at Hwt.

Now for Rocket Mortgage Commercial. Great drinking game. I'd be drunk in 45 secs., If you drank every time the commercial replayed.

Reactions: belushijo
Horrible loss. Arogona needed to push the action sooner but did nothing. Expected more from him.
Unfortunate loss, but not horrible. I remember AA match last year at Indiana, he wrestled flat and pulled it out with a late TD. Jojo is young and will learn.IMO

Hey PL ..change your mind ..hit the weights and chow down ...no way you could do worse at 149...
Yeah, I don't know how Lipari vs. Angelo looked in the room, but I have to think Pete would be a better option. Maybe he just really wanted to go 141 this season.

Yeah, I don't know how Lipari vs. Angelo looked in the room, but I have to think Pete would be a better option. Maybe he just really wanted to go 141 this season.

Much higher ceiling at that weight and his frame is small for 149. But I would feel more confident with him at that weight.

I saw other freshman struggle and lose today (Reese Witcraft at OK State and Patrick Mckee at minnesota).

It is a big learning curve that you have to be on the mat for

That said, how about Aguilar and Alvarez!

I saw other freshman struggle and lose today (Reese Witcraft at OK State and Patrick Mckee at minnesota).

It is a big learning curve that you have to be on the mat for

That said, how about Aguilar and Alvarez!
Was great to see Aquilar come out firing on all cylinders.

Now let's see MVB do the same.

Unfortunate loss, but not horrible. I remember AA match last year at Indiana, he wrestled flat and pulled it out with a late TD. Jojo is young and will learn.IMO
He did nothing on his feet all match. Still had trouble getting out from bottom, couldn't hold his opponent down. We're not talking a top 25 wrestler he was competing against. It was a horrible loss for a wrestler of his talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT