ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling Sends Competitors to Journeymen Collegiate Classic, ESU Open

Would still love to see a replay of this match. I'm still confused on the refs decisions to award Farro certain points. He threw up a one and I was like why did he just get that. He threw up a two before a takedown, saw no neutral danger count but still award the two. Just weird maybe I missed something, but I know you were confused as well during the thread so something definitely odd happened.

Would still love to see a replay of this match. I'm still confused on the refs decisions to award Farro certain points. He threw up a one and I was like why did he just get that. He threw up a two before a takedown, saw no neutral danger count but still award the two. Just weird maybe I missed something, but I know you were confused as well during the thread so something definitely odd happened.

The one point given just before the end of the second period was a stalling point

I started watching mid-way through the second - all scoring from that point on seemed correct to me.

Would rather a win obviously, but I think it was a great overall day for Alvarez. I was impressed.

Rough day for the Lock Haven kid. I think he came in ranked top ten, and I think went 0-4.

ESU Open Results:

Britton (133) - 2nd. Looks like he MF in the finals against Jacob Allen (Navy). Hopefully it was just precautionary and nothing serious.

Metzler (133) - 3rd. Lost to Allen (Navy) in the semis 8-3. He won the 3rd place match by MF as well.

Gapas (141) - DNP. Lost in the semis to Wyatt Long (Navy) 6-0. He then got pinned in the 1st in the consolation semis by Hunter Dusold (Columbia)

Olivieri (174) - 1st. He beat Colin Shannon (American) in the finals 8-2. Had 2 pins on the day as well. Happy for AO!

Last edited:
ESU Open Results:

Britton (133) - 2nd. Looks like he MF in the finals against Jacob Allen (Navy). Hopefully it was just precautionary and nothing serious.

Metzler (133) - 3rd. Lost to Allen (Navy) in the semis 8-3. He won the 3rd place match by MF as well.

Gapas (141) - DNP. Lost in the semis to Wyatt Long (Navy) 6-0. He then got pinned in the 1st in the consolation semis by Hunter Dusold (Columbia)

Olivieri (174) - 1st. He beat Colin Shannon (American) in the finals 8-2. Had 2 pins on the day as well. Happy for AO!

That's really nice for Olivieri.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT