ADVERTISEMENT

Sadly ...The inability to see the big picture has made a lot of our fans out of control

To me, fans who insist we're already in the tournament or try to intimidate the board into believing RU only needs one more win are just as bad as those who say dumb things like "Pikiell is overrated." Unfortunately this is the internet, where extreme points of view often dominate discussions.

I think there's a stark difference between national experts who follow CBB 365 days a year and are not posters on this board and what they're saying vs someone else on a message board creating something that doesn't exist as an opinion

If an independent non-RU fan or NCAA media person whose is actually credible and has a track record of getting selections right in 97 to 98% of the time over a decade or more, says something, I would not say that's "an opinion".......It's literally one person's sole purpose won how to follow how things work for the sport and because the posters repeat those things, why is that problematic......???....there are actual formulas involving strength of schedule and how those games would impact the rating of the resume of the profile for not just RU, it would be for any school that was in RU's situation. Those items have already been explained in almost 25+ posts over the last 3 to 4 weeks.

This isn't an opinion....an opinion is that Pike is overrated as a coach......it is an opinion that can be debated, because it's subjective and doesn't involve any formula like an NCAA selection bid, which actually has a formula that fans and people can follow along with...... I hope that anyone who repeats what the national experts calculate as a formula for making the tournament isn't "insisting RU is in with one more win".....the teams and their rankings determine that, not just someone's opinion....the win/loss record of the remaining opponents dictate that, not someone's opinion...... It's no different than any of the other games RU has played on their schedule, just like the other 355 other programs have.....that's also "not someone else's opinion"

It is OK to say, "RU should have won 22 games this year because XYZ player went into a slump and that would be something that is debatable and a worthy discussion point.........OR it's OK to also say Pike is a terrible offensive coach, which is also worthy of a discussion, but it has to be in context with what the entire program has performed like, not just an offensive measurement.

Eddie Jordan's offensive sets and motion offense were very good to watch and got players like Myles Mack, Corey Sanders as a freshman and others, whatever shot they wanted on the offensive end. But with that becoming "a better offensive team, the team lacked other "basic essentials" that would never allow RU to be successful as a winning program. That is either "my opinion" or supported by stats or evidence or it's not. (Teams Win/Loss record is probably Step 1 to determine that over a 4 year period)..

hope that helps....!!

Pikiell coached a good game against Wisconsin he made the appropriate changes but we really did get “unlucky”.

If he does the same thing against Penn St, we win, get in to the tourney, and most importantly Pike shows the ability to make changes and course correct after bad coaching mistakes. To me that last part is most important and means he can continue to be competitive with average or worse recruiting classes.

You can be critical and disappointed without sounding like a moron, like you just started watching Rutgers Basketball (or basketball in general) a month ago, or a whiney complainer about everything.

There’s a big difference between the two.

Who’s a whiner complainer ? We are in the tournament as of today . Lots to be excited about. This team controls its destiny right now . No reason for excuses, time for action and victories . I am rooting for them to get it done. A sweet 16 is realistic !

Reactions: S_Janowski
Truly...the way some of you act...you would think we were under .500

Get over yourselves

I was one of the few people that predicted us to dance in September and October ...and even as one of the most optimistic ...predicted us then as a 11 seed

Go look it up

Most of you were saying “baby steps, winning season and NIT” in September

If there was a poll on October 15th that said

“Would you sign up RIGHT now to start the season 18-10, 9-8 in the big ten, in a year that the big ten will place at least 8, and as many as 10 teams in the dance. Oh, by the way, in the 8 confrence losses, 7 of them are in single digits and one was a 11 points, but down 2 with 5 to go. And, oh, by the way, we would lose geo Baker for a 3 game stretch with him being reduced to role player for almost a month?”

The yes vote would have been 95-100%

Stop panicking, stop with the ridic posts, enjoy the big picture, appreciate what we have done, get behind these guys, and let’s finish this and get to the NCAA

Beat Penn State
You are WAY 2 Logical for these parts!!! The mental age of many of our fans can't be more than 5, I swear. Even beyond the top 3 "Kids" it seems infectious.

some sound like left over Ash era apologists.

Unless you are comparing Pike to Ash this post is uncalled for.

If you are comparing Pike to Ash.....then it tells us all everthing we need to know about you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT