ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Tournaments

Oh, such negativity :-)
Or the bright side. Now I don't have to worry about darting out after 157 at Intermission to worry about trying to beat the line for the men's bathroom. That can take an entire Intermission period and then some into 165 at times. Now it's a leisurely stroll, check out some merchandise, take a piss maybe get an ice cream.

I've bitched and moaned for years about recruiting this weight class and each year we get nothing from the staff. I've thrown up my hands in defeat. It will continue to be a black hole in the lineup for the foreseeable future as there's still 4 yrs. later after Lewis not much in the pipeline.

Last edited:
Reactions: JudgeSmails56
Kole
Go easy as these kids read these columns and they are doing their best. It may not be good enough for some of us but they are working their butts off in practice every day trying to get better. Get mad at the coaches but not the kids. Thank you.

Kole
Go easy as these kids read these columns and they are doing their best. It may not be good enough for some of us but they are working their butts off in practice every day trying to get better. Get mad at the coaches but not the kids. Thank you.
Bill come on? And the Football Players, the Basketball Men's and Women don't? I've called no one out by name and have always directed my displeasure at the coaching staff. Their incompetence in this particular area is astounding. I'll now wait for Superfan(not you Bill) to inject his asinine commentary.

Hey I agree.....there really is not a good answer at 165, but Clark is the best answer. The coaches are sending who they think is the best for the weight. Angelo and Benner would have the same or worse results than Clark at 165.
Think the goal at 165 is to keep the loss down to a decision or MD …

Clark and White are still alive in the R16 at Millersville.

The 285s haven’t wrestled yet

Update...

@ Navy
- Desantis 1-2
- Esposito 2-2
- Benner 1-2
- Epperly 2-2
- Cetta 1-2
- Messina 0-2

@ Shorty
- Clark 3-0 in quarters
- White 2-0 in quarters
- Campbell 1-2
- Weaver 3-1 in consi 8 #1
- O'Donnell 1-0 in quarters
- Estevez 1-1 in consi 8 #1

😬 Depth is thin

Update...

@ Navy
- Desantis 1-2
- Esposito 2-2
- Benner 1-2
- Epperly 2-2
- Cetta 1-2
- Messina 0-2

@ Shorty
- Clark 3-0 in quarters
- White 2-0 in quarters
- Campbell 1-2
- Weaver 3-1 in consi 8 #1
- O'Donnell 1-0 in quarters
- Estevez 1-1 in consi 8 #1

😬 Depth is thin
Is Malcolm Robinson still on the team?

Is Malcolm Robinson still on the team?
Still listed on Roster. But he is behind Alvarez, Campbell, Britton and Olivieri and when Raimo is healthy behind him.
Goodale said something interesting on his latest podcast(and I am not saying it is about Robinson) but he said the guys have to want to go and wrestle in these open tournaments. He wants them all to go, but they have to want to.

Just saw white won and now onto semis. Clark lost in quarters. Weaver lost in consolations.

Still listed on Roster. But he is behind Alvarez, Campbell, Britton and Olivieri and when Raimo is healthy behind him.
Goodale said something interesting on his latest podcast(and I am not saying it is about Robinson) but he said the guys have to want to go and wrestle in these open tournaments. He wants them all to go, but they have to want to.
For these open tourneys, silly NCAA rules used to require wrestlers to pay their own way for travel, lodging, food, etc. Is that still the case?

White wins it in SV. Think we may have a Special one here.
ODonnell in 3rd place match
Clark T5 think both are over daily match limit but he beat same wrestler 10-4 earlier

Reactions: Leonard23
White wins it in SV. Think we may have a Special one here.
ODonnell in 3rd place match
Clark T5 think both are over daily match limit but he beat same wrestler 10-4 earlier
There's a match limit for open tourneys? Also, SKWC resident athletic, Kamol Begakov took 2nd at 141. He was unseeded and took out #1 Deck from Army 4-2.

For these open tourneys, silly NCAA rules used to require wrestlers to pay their own way for travel, lodging, food, etc. Is that still the case?
Yes as far as I know. I’m not going to pretend to know about Robinsons financial standing but he went to Blair Academy so I’d be surprised if travel money was an issue.

Reactions: Leonard23
Kole
Bill don't waste your time with this guy.

Just stay home. Since you think you know more than the coaches.
I'll do as I please. It's a message board stop taking it so seriously like you or I are influencing the team.
Bill don't waste your time with this guy.
Why don't you see what Bill has to say about the football team, Men's basketball team or Women's basketball team before you post about something you know nothing about. But somehow those teams are different?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Bill come on? And the Football Players, the Basketball Men's and Women don't? I've called no one out by name and have always directed my displeasure at the coaching staff. Their incompetence in this particular area is astounding. I'll now wait for Superfan(not you Bill) to inject his asinine commentary.
What don't you visit the APC and talk to the coaches about recruiting. Maybe they will allow you to wrestle with the team.

All season, honestly. He was a nice high school wrestler but never would have expected being a big 10 caliber guy, never mind a guy who is having his way while in redshirt
Definitely. He’s been super impressive all season. He was locked in today with a bunch of MDs and TFs while only giving up 2 or 3 points all day.

I'll do as I please. It's a message board stop taking it so seriously like you or I are influencing the team.

Why don't you see what Bill has to say about the football team, Men's basketball team or Women's basketball team before you post about something you know nothing about. But somehow those teams are different?
Kole and Billy... I see both sides of this... Kole can tend to throw his 2 cents on here before he even thinks to be a bit diplomatic... But you have also seen Billy ripping on some of the other programs when they are not performing to expectations... We have multiple programs on the cusp of doing great things... Let's all just remember to take a breath before we post on here sometimes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT