ADVERTISEMENT

Season Prediction Thread

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

I don’t really have expectations for this year but I am excited to watch this team continue to progress under Coach Pike. I think if we can win 14/15 games that will be considered a very successful season with all factors considered.

FDU- W
Drexel- W
St Johns- W
EMU- L
Boston U- W
Miami- L
Michigan St- L
Wiscy- L
Fordham- W
Seton Hall- W
Columbia- W
Maine- W
Maryland- W
Ohio State- W
Minny- L
Purdue- L
Northwestern- W
Nebraska- L
PSU- L
Indiana- L
Ohio state- L
Michigan- L
Illinois- W
Northwestern- L
Iowa- W
Mich State- L
Minny- W
Iowa- L
PSU- W
Indiana- L

15-15 (7-13)

Reactions: RUHoopsguard
13-17 (6-14). If we could beat St John's, or Miami, or Michigan State, or Maryland, that would be great.
Record aside, def excited for this team and what hopefully continues to grow. Honestly I'd be content with simply not finishing last in conference in regular season and winning 1 tourney game.

I don’t really have expectations for this year but I am excited to watch this team continue to progress under Coach Pike. I think if we can win 14/15 games that will be considered a very successful season with all factors considered.

FDU- W
Drexel- W
St Johns- W
EMU- L
Boston U- W
Miami- L
Michigan St- L
Wiscy- L
Fordham- W
Seton Hall- W
Columbia- W
Maine- W
Maryland- W
Ohio State- W
Minny- L
Purdue- L
Northwestern- W
Nebraska- L
PSU- L
Indiana- L
Ohio state- L
Michigan- L
Illinois- W
Northwestern- L
Iowa- W
Mich State- L
Minny- W
Iowa- L
PSU- W
Indiana- L

15-15 (7-13)
We are not beating St Johns and The Hall. Be happy with a split. St Johns just got a really good transfer. They are a tournament team this year

Reactions: RUMassAlum
I am happy for the St. Johns kid, but it does not help the programs chance of winning that night.

Like to think we can get to .500. If we, due to the quality of this staff, keep the defensive stats per game the same as last year and be a better shooting team to the point where we get from 5 - 10 more ppg on offense we should have a good shot at getting there.

Scrimmage this Saturday at Towson State and Yale on the 27th....whatever limited information comes out of those scrimmages will frame this for me.

Will be a wild ride and ready to enjoy the growth spurts.

Reactions: gregkoko
12 seems to be the popular win total, but that’s if we do not exceed expectations at all, IMO. I believe this will be a special year, where we play a complete team game, and despite a much tougher schedule we exceed expectations and finish with 15 wins.

Regular season win probabilities based on what I’ve seen and expect:
8 wins or fewer - 5%
9 - 5%
10 - 5%
11-16 wins - 12% chance of each in that range
17 - 5%
18 -5%
19 or more - 5%

FDU- W
Drexel- W
St Johns- W
EMU- L
Boston U- W
Miami- L
Michigan St- L
Wiscy- L
Fordham- W
Seton Hall- W
Columbia- W
Maine- W
Maryland- W
Ohio State- W
Minny- L
Purdue- L
Northwestern- W
Nebraska- L
PSU- L
Indiana- L
Ohio state- L
Michigan- L
Illinois- W
Northwestern- L
Iowa- W
Mich State- L
Minny- W
Iowa- L
PSU- W
Indiana- L

15-15 (7-13)

I think 4 conference wins (Northwestern, Iowa, Minnesota and Illinois) is likely, 6 (Maryland and Nebraska) is possible.

FDU- W
Drexel- W
St Johns- W
EMU- L
Boston U- W
Miami- L
Michigan St- L
Wiscy- L
Fordham- W
Seton Hall- W
Columbia- W
Maine- W
Maryland- W
Ohio State- W
Minny- L
Purdue- L
Northwestern- W
Nebraska- L
PSU- L
Indiana- L
Ohio state- L
Michigan- L
Illinois- W
Northwestern- L
Iowa- W
Mich State- L
Minny- W
Iowa- L
PSU- W
Indiana- L

15-15 (7-13)

Beating all of SHU, SJU, MD and OSU in the first half of the season would be great, but extremely unlikely. MD should be in the top 5 of the conference. They’ve got Cowen and Fernando returning and a stellar incoming recruiting class including one-and-done 5 star Jalen Smith. I think RU will be better than last year, but I’d be pleasantly surprised if we have a record of .500 or better.

Reactions: biazza38
Lower expectations with growing pains: 12-13 wins.

The guys gel and we surprise: 14-16 wins. If we fall in this win total I will be thrilled because it means we have a realistic shot at one of the tournaments (NIT) for 2019/2020.

FDU- W
Drexel- W
St Johns- L
EMU- W
Boston U- W
Miami- W
Michigan St- L
Wiscy- L
Fordham- W
Seton Hall- W
Columbia- W
Maine- W
Maryland- W
Ohio State- W
Minny- W
Purdue- L
Northwestern- W
Nebraska- L
PSU- W
Indiana- L
Ohio state- L
Michigan- L
Illinois- W
Northwestern- W
Iowa- W
Mich State- L
Minny- W
Iowa- W
PSU- W
Indiana- W

FDU- W
Drexel- W
St Johns- L
EMU- W
Boston U- W
Miami- W
Michigan St- L
Wiscy- L
Fordham- W
Seton Hall- W
Columbia- W
Maine- W
Maryland- W
Ohio State- W
Minny- W
Purdue- L
Northwestern- W
Nebraska- L
PSU- W
Indiana- L
Ohio state- L
Michigan- L
Illinois- W
Northwestern- W
Iowa- W
Mich State- L
Minny- W
Iowa- W
PSU- W
Indiana- W

*spits drink*

12-18 should be the betting line. Anything above 12 is a win!!

7-3 OOC
5-15 BIG (2) more reg season wins than last year

and a spirited, developing team with a bright 2019-2020 future.

Reactions: RUHoopsguard
I am hoping that the team chemistry and talent infusion improvements overcome the young team hiccups and the guys pull offs .500 record. I am expecting a record that will fall below that though. I just hope a record under .500 won’t get the media and board trolls out questioning pike’s progress

Reactions: IBleedScarlet
I am hoping that the team chemistry and talent infusion improvements overcome the young team hiccups and the guys pull offs .500 record. I am expecting a record that will fall below that though. I just hope a record under .500 won’t get the media and board trolls out questioning pike’s progress

Trolls are everywhere, even those disguised at RU fans. Last year's OOC schedule was not strong but helped Geo and Doucoure get their feet wet. This year's frosh are a little more game ready and we add Peter Kiss, so although the scheduled games are tougher, RU has more upside to compete.

Just because there are ignorant fans, doesn't make their voices valid. There will be flashes of brilliance, but life on the road in the B1G will require Baker, Kiss and Eugene all playing well to steal a game.

A .500 record would require the RAC to be 75-80% full and students loud. Can Hobbs remind fans and students that it matters to be there after a loss or 2.

Trolls are everywhere, even those disguised at RU fans. Last year's OOC schedule was not strong but helped Geo and Doucoure get their feet wet. This year's frosh are a little more game ready and we add Peter Kiss, so although the scheduled games are tougher, RU has more upside to compete.

Just because there are ignorant fans, doesn't make their voices valid. There will be flashes of brilliance, but life on the road in the B1G will require Baker, Kiss and Eugene all playing well to steal a game.

A .500 record would require the RAC to be 75-80% full and students loud. Can Hobbs remind fans and students that it matters to be there after a loss or 2.

Ignorant fans? Really? Come on Bro.

Reactions: RUsojo
There are 6 newcomers who are going to be relied upon to contribute significantly. Until I see them play in a conference game or high end OOC game, I truly have no idea what to expect.

I think this is the year we find out what we have and not about wins and losses. I think anything above 12 is promising. Win the games you should and two or three you shouldn’t.

Also, I don’t think people are giving enough credit to the johnnies on here. That game is going to be a very tall order.

Reactions: MadRU
Also, I don’t think people are giving enough credit to the johnnies on here. That game is going to be a very tall order.

I think we're more likely to beat Seton Hall or Miami, even though those games are on the road, than St. John's.

Reactions: RutgHoops
I think we're more likely to beat Seton Hall or Miami, even though those games are on the road, than St. John's.
We could beat anyone on the schedule for one game...Hard to predict games in basketball before the season...I'm glad we have St. Johns early in the year as maybe they will take a little time to jell. However, the same could be said about us as we have a lot of new pieces; its just how quickly they come together.

I think we win 12-13 games. I think we will be 7-3 in OOC and we win 5 or 6 BIG games. Anything more than that will show we are really improving. This schedule is much tougher than last year. The following season 2019-20 I believe we will have a winning season. The additions of Mulcahy and Young will make us much better.

Until those scrimmages happen, can't really give a prediction but I think we surprise a few teams and get our first winning season in 13 years. We were 335th in shooting last year 830/2042 40.6% and 338th on 3pt 145/500 29% or 4.2/14.7pg, and still finish 15-19. I can't see our team this year shooting as poorly as last year with all the new additions. We lost 7 games by 7 or less pts. We may take a step back defensive or we could get better with more length and height. I like the chemistry that this group has. It's a wait and see till Towson 18-14 and Yale 16-15 last year, so decent competition middle pack teams in both CAA and Ivy.

Reactions: Scangg
Would be beyond ecstatic to see them reach any (hopefully all) of the following:
- Not finishing last
- NIT
- .500+ record

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I really hope this team shows a sense of urgency to break the consecutive losing seasons record. I don't see how winning 12-14 games will enhance attendance for a program that has a difficult time attracting 5000 to a game.Coach Pikiell and staff staff come from programs where winning mattered and hopefully that will translate to Rutgers ASAP.Football and mens basketball receive the most media attention at Rutgers and losing seasons don't help the cause in changing perception.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT