ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question. Do we really come back from this?

I literally do not know as our upperclassmen have either underperformed and at the same time either melted down or not shown mental toughness.
But college basketball is different now. Penn State got off the mat and suffered an equally gut wrenching loss blowing a 19 point lead and found a way in the second half to beat NW.
MSU had almost the same thing happen to them 1 week ago when Iowa came back from 10-12 down with a minute left to force OT and win , as gut wrenching as our loss last night . They somehow overcome a hot first half by Nebraska and flipped the script and won going away in the second half.
Both PSU and MSU did it on the road.
Rutgers gets to do it at home. I have to believe the crowd should be able to help them overcome this gut wrenching loss. It will not be easy but at the end of the day we normally bounce back after a loss , even one as gut wrenching as this one last night.

Reactions: colonel_rutgers
I literally do not know as our upperclassmen have either underperformed and at the same time either melted down or not shown mental toughness.
But college basketball is different now. Penn State got off the mat and suffered an equally gut wrenching loss blowing a 19 point lead and found a way in the second half to beat NW.
MSU had almost the same thing happen to them 1 week ago when Iowa came back from 10-12 down with a minute left to force OT and win , as gut wrenching as our loss last night . They somehow overcome a hot first half by Nebraska and flipped the script and won going away in the second half.
Both PSU and MSU did it on the road.
Rutgers gets to do it at home. I have to believe the crowd should be able to help them overcome this gut wrenching loss. It will not be easy but at the end of the day we normally bounce back after a loss , even one as gut wrenching as this one last night.
I believe our guys have the grit and determination to bounce back. With all of the injuries, I am not sure we have the physical ability to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT