Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
MORE HERE

DkQSb4OUYAEpb8W

DkQSb4OU8AEndZN

Last edited:
I thought there is a new rule that prevents coaches from blocking transfers to specific schools, is that not yet enforced?

I thought there is a new rule that prevents coaches from blocking transfers to specific schools, is that not yet enforced?

Rutgers allowed him transfer wherever he wanted other then the three OOC schools they play this year and no Big Ten schools.

Would assume he transfer to a mid major or goes juco and resurfaces somewhere and becomes non existent in a few years

Yes, there is a new NCAA rule that allows transfers - as stated above the rule goes into place on Oct. 15 - (though some schools can allow/follow earlier).

However, conferences still have the "freedom" to enact transfer restrictions. Though, I don't know if B1G has such a rule (or plans to make such a rule).

Never-the-less, RU's approach makes clear to any school interested, that no such potential restriction (such as those which exist in the SEC) would apply here.

Last edited:
Good luck to Syhiem, but re-opening your recruitment?!? That's an interesting way of putting it.

Reactions: 17Q66
@RepeatedCrown6 there is no need for that type of comment. The kid is simply a kid who made a mistake. Hopefully he learns from it and gets back to playing football. It's a shame how some of you speak of these kids when they do not plan out.
He doesn’t get to plan out because of something he did NOT what Rutgers did.

As the ole’ coach used to say, “I don’t make cuts, you cut yourself.”

He and the others involved processed themselves.

Linebacker is one of our strongest groups between Morris, Roberts, Maddox-Williams, Fogg, Battle and Fatukasi going 2 deep. We seem to recruits LBs well even into 2019

Thin linebacker corps just got thinner.
Think it became thinner once the kid was suspended and Ash gave him an out before possible dismissal from the program.
I think some of the other suspended players might go the transfer route rather than take a chance of a heavy punishment or dismissal from the RU FB Program for their role in credit card fraud.
Until I know Syhiem's exact roll in the credit card fraud I can't wish him well as a football player because of transferring but won't wish him bad things either.
Just hope he can learn from this mess and live a productive life in future.

Reactions: Scarlet_Scourge
Good player, what a waste of talent. Wonder how long before Lacewell moves to OLB

Last edited:
Linebacker is one of our strongest groups between Morris, Roberts, Maddox-Williams, Fogg, Battle and Fatukasi going 2 deep. We seem to recruits LBs well even into 2019

He won’t be missed in the short term. Let his teammates down and hopefully he learns a life lesson. Really think Fogg and Fatuski can be really good in the B1G.

@RepeatedCrown6 there is no need for that type of comment. The kid is simply a kid who made a mistake. Hopefully he learns from it and gets back to playing football. It's a shame how some of you speak of these kids when they do not plan out.
He let all of his teammates down, he had a responsibility to more than just himself. That's what my coaches always taught me. I have no sympathy for him this was a selfish act. At some point in life you have to learn right from wrong and being responsible for more than just yourself. Apparently he hasn't learned any of those yet.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT