ADVERTISEMENT

Sleepers Media

jerzeyguy

All Conference
May 18, 2008
Starts at the 10 minute mark. The host stated that we stink, and will finish 12-18. Also that next year will go horribly with Ace and Dylan. Questioning if they were forced to come to Rutgers.

Now that we've won 4 in a row, they've completely abandoned -- speaking on anything Rutgers. Their waiting for us to lose, before we can be a topic again. Unsubscribe if you do. Coward move to talk like that, then not own up to it

Don’t worry about what random YouTubers have to say. Theres 5000 other media i would read/listen to before clicking on these guys, how do you even find them .. watch BTN, follow Andy Katz, Jerry Carino, listen to Aaron Breitman podcast, Richie podcast, thats about 5 hours of content a day already

I honestly find them pretty knowledgable on B1G ball and a pretty entertaining listen, and it's a somewhat understandable sentiment for a Michigan fan that wants Juwan fired and just blew their 89th halftime lead to the then-worst team in the conference.

They do have a definite sensationalist streak though, and their commentary here is obviously dumb.

Don’t worry about what random YouTubers have to say. Theres 5000 other media i would read/listen to before clicking on these guys, how do you even find them .. watch BTN, follow Andy Katz, Jerry Carino, listen to Aaron Breitman podcast, Richie podcast, thats about 5 hours of content a day already
They were posted on here in the past. That's how I know of them

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

That we'd go something like 12-18 (not possible, we'll play 31 games) was the majority opinion on this board as well.

Reactions: bac2therac
I honestly find them pretty knowledgable on B1G ball and a pretty entertaining listen, and it's a somewhat understandable sentiment for a Michigan fan that wants Juwan fired and just blew their 89th halftime lead to the then-worst team in the conference.

They do have a definite sensationalist streak though, and their commentary here is obviously dumb.
What he says is goofy and outlandish. But the major issue -- is them being to coward to own up to it. They won't even mention Rutgers now.. But if Rutgers loses to Minnesota.. They'll probably do a recap

What he says is goofy and outlandish. But the major issue -- is them being to coward to own up to it. They won't even mention Rutgers now.. But if Rutgers loses to Minnesota.. They'll probably do a recap
It seems like they do the previews/recaps for the larger B1G basketball fanbases (Illinois, Purdue, Indiana) and their own personal fandoms (Mich/Mich St.) which is a dubious editorial outlook but doesn't seem targeted against Rutgers

That we'd go something like 12-18 (not possible, we'll play 31 games) was the majority opinion on this board as well.
exactly...without Jeremiah playing we were dead in the water losing to Penn State at home scoring 45. Lets not pretend there was not a huge lineup change

their analysis is all based on Rutgers pre Jeremiah Williams as that was his first game

that being said Michigan sucks and why are they even surprised that they blew a lead and lost.

Reactions: Scangg
Sleepers Media is awesome. The best Big Ten basketball podcast there is.

On numerous occasions they’ve talked about being Rutgers “guys” and are super complimentary of the program. They love pike; have vowed to have a beer with him one day, etc.

I heard this rant and agree it was a bit ridiculous, but they certainly don’t have it out for Rutgers. They’re equally hard and fair to every team (if anything, most critical of their programs - Mich/MSU).

These guys are great. I’d encourage any Big Ten or general CBB fans to listen to them.

exactly...without Jeremiah playing we were dead in the water losing to Penn State at home scoring 45. Lets not pretend there was not a huge lineup change

their analysis is all based on Rutgers pre Jeremiah Williams as that was his first game

that being said Michigan sucks and why are they even surprised that they blew a lead and lost.
This was a recap. After seeing Jeremiah's impact. I don't recall seeing one RU fan - that thought we would only win one more game

Reactions: Scarlet83
It seems like they do the previews/recaps for the larger B1G basketball fanbases (Illinois, Purdue, Indiana) and their own personal fandoms (Mich/Mich St.) which is a dubious editorial outlook but doesn't seem targeted against Rutgers
Could be so.. Maybe we were always linked to the right opponent. But RU was included in a preview/recap - seemingly every week. Until his comments backfired.. Now not even a 4 game winning streak -- knocking off 2, top 4 B10 teams, can get a mention

Reactions: PhillyRU
Sleepers Media is awesome. The best Big Ten basketball podcast there is.

On numerous occasions they’ve talked about being Rutgers “guys” and are super complimentary of the program. They love pike; have vowed to have a beer with him one day, etc.

I heard this rant and agree it was a bit ridiculous, but they certainly don’t have it out for Rutgers. They’re equally hard and fair to every team (if anything, most critical of their programs - Mich/MSU).

These guys are great. I’d encourage any Big Ten or general CBB fans to listen to them.
The guy basically said Pike only had 2 decent seasons, because he lucked into Ron Harper. Thats loving Pike?

They guy basically said Pike only had 2 decent seasons, because he lucked into Ron Harper. Thats loving Pike?
You clearly don’t listen to them regularly. There’s no point in arguing, but they like Rutgers and Pike. I’ve been listening to Sleepers for months and months. I’m a huge Rutgers fan (obviously). I promise you I wouldn’t keep listening to them if they just shit on RU all the time.

Reactions: tm_nj and Scangg

People who are knowledgeable don't rely on sensationalism.

Clowns who have no more business talking about college basketball than any random fan. Unfortunately YouTube provides a platform for anyone. The clown on the right doesn't look like he's ever set foot on a court or field of any type and the one on the left kind of played at....get this... D3 Albion about 10 years ago. Obviously two guys who should be experts on college basketball right?

I stopped listening when they kept bringing up RU recruiting, but didn't know the difference between 2024 and 2025 recruits like Trey McKenney who is out of Michigan. If you can't do the easy stuff right I have no reason to listen.

You clearly don’t listen to them regularly. There’s no point in arguing, but they like Rutgers and Pike. I’ve been listening to Sleepers for months and months. I’m a huge Rutgers fan (obviously). I promise you I wouldn’t keep listening to them if they just shit on RU all the time.
I've only rarely listened but have heard them be complimentary of Rutgers and Pike. If you like B1G analysis, they are probably the best listen

People digging up old clips and trying to cancel a pod for it is weird

Reactions: GotEmmm
I've only rarely listened but have heard them be complimentary of Rutgers and Pike. If you like B1G analysis, they are probably the best listen

People digging up old clips and trying to cancel a pod for it is weird
Exactly.

Also, they’re in the entertainment business. Weird to suggest they should just “report the facts” instead of showing some personality lol.

Exactly.

Also, they’re in the entertainment business. Weird to suggest they should just “report the facts” instead of showing some personality lol.
If they are trying to be entertaining by discussing a subject, being knowledgeable about the subject usually helps. They can't tell us anything about Rutgers that most Rutgers fans on this board don't already know. Same goes for most Big Ten teams.

If we make the tournament then in two years everyone will tell you “it was obvious this team had talent”.

If they are trying to be entertaining by discussing a subject, being knowledgeable about the subject usually helps. They can't tell us anything about Rutgers that most Rutgers fans on this board don't already know. Same goes for most Big Ten teams.
Uhhh okay.

This is the weirdest thread ever lol. I’m a Rutgers fan and a sleepers podcast fan.

I’m not on their payroll. I just watch every game and listen to every podcast, so I figured i was uniquely positioned to share my perspective on this.

Uhhh okay.

This is the weirdest thread ever lol. I’m a Rutgers fan and a sleepers podcast fan.

I’m not on their payroll. I just watch every game and listen to every podcast, so I figured i was uniquely positioned to share my perspective on this.
What's weird? We have differing opinions.

What's weird? We have differing opinions.
I’m not just referring to you.

Read what I said, though, that’s what’s weird.

I don’t work for sleepers, but I actually listen to it as opposed to everyone in this thread starting an argument with me even though they don’t listen to the podcast…

These guys are generally very knowledgeable. If you listened regularly, you’d know that. That’s how I know you don’t actually listen lol

I’m not just referring to you.

Read what I said, though, that’s what’s weird.

I don’t work for sleepers, but I actually listen to it as opposed to everyone in this thread starting an argument with me even though they don’t listen to the podcast…

These guys are generally very knowledgeable. If you listened regularly, you’d know that. That’s how I know you don’t actually listen lol
Probably you aren't knowledgeable enough to know when they are wrong. That's why you are a fan. I get it. Not everyone follows basketball that closely lol

Probably you aren't knowledgeable enough to know when they are wrong. That's why you are a fan. I get it. Not everyone follows basketball that closely lol
Dude it's okay not to know things. Just say you don't listen to the show and stop arguing with me for no reason lol.

You don't know me (and therefore don't have any clue how "knowledgeable" I am), you don't listen to the show (and therefore don't have any clue how "knowledgeable" they are).

Genuine question... what's your end game with this charade/argument?

Dude it's okay not to know things. Just say you don't listen to the show and stop arguing with me for no reason lol.

You don't know me (and therefore don't have any clue how "knowledgeable" I am), you don't listen to the show (and therefore don't have any clue how "knowledgeable" they are).

Genuine question... what's your end game with this charade/argument?
I have listened to the show. I realize it for what it is. But if you do listen to it and you don't pick up on some of their dumb predictions and foolish mistakes (some off which they even admit to when they can't ignore them) then it is clear that you lack the knowledge or willingness to properly evaluate their accuracy. I don't need to know everything about you to determine that. You as much as admit it.

I have listened to the show. I realize it for what it is. But if you do listen to it and you don't pick up on some of their dumb predictions and foolish mistakes (some off which they even admit to when they can't ignore them) then it is clear that you lack the knowledge or willingness to properly evaluate their accuracy. I don't need to know everything about you to determine that. You as much as admit it.
Oh true I missed the part where I said I agree with everything they say and that they get every prediction they make correct. My bad!

My first comment literally said this rant was ridiculous. Stop being such an online weirdo. And you don’t need to keep pretending you listen to the podcast.

Oh true I missed the part where I said I agree with everything they say and that they get every prediction they make correct. My bad!

My first comment literally said this rant was ridiculous. Stop being such an online weirdo. And you don’t need to keep pretending you listen to the podcast.
Oh I missed the part where I said I listened to every one of them. I don't like them so I certainly don't listen to all of them. But I have listened to enough to know that they aren't on top of things.

I think you're the weirdo who can't accept that other people don't think your heroes aren't very good. So you don't mind the inconsistent reasoning, incorrect statements, and bad predictions. Good on you. I've listened enough to know they are guilty of all of those things and think poorly of them because of it. You're weirdly invested in defending them though.

Oh I missed the part where I said I listened to every one of them. I don't like them so I certainly don't listen to all of them. But I have listened to enough to know that they aren't on top of things.

I think you're the weirdo who can't accept that other people don't think your heroes aren't very good. So you don't mind the inconsistent reasoning, incorrect statements, and bad predictions. Good on you. I've listened enough to know they are guilty of all of those things and think poorly of them because of it. You're weirdly invested in defending them though.
You are such an argumentative weirdo lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT