ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody Tell Ash to Offer Bridgewater KICKER NOW-Told Hes "Reconsidering"

Sorry to report and not dreaming (I'm up seriously-after have taken a sleeping pill at 6am-and having two Steve Pikiell dreams including a Court Club? pizza party with lots of pizza!

Before I took my "drugs" in the morning last night I saw a guy in a "Bridgewater Football" shirt. I stopped to inquire about where they R in the HS playoffs (won 1st two rounds and playing Westfield Saturday at Meadowlands for sectional championship).

Asked the player about the kicker Justin Davidowicz whos supposedly "signed" with Rutgers (never verbaled but supposedly a given). As a few of you may remember too well 6 weeks agoish a few cheerleaders told me basically Davidowicz to RU was a done deal. Last night the Bridgewater player told me he's "opened up" his recruitment to consider other offers but RU still leads. we've all heard THAT one before.

I heard that the reason, perhaps, is that something like he's only been offered a scholarship for 3 years or 3/4 of a scholarship. I myself was told earlier but several parties (I reported here) that Ash wanted him to "walk on"-maybe using his schollie now on a 4-5 star (to improve the recruiting class rank)-and offer him a full ride after the season. As we all said not so smart given we wantbghim-and really have to think we're a popular board among lots among recruiting types/other schools. Plus there are recruiting services and self recruiting services who create video. Ash beware.

I have no clue as to the validity of this story but if Ash & Co. don't see the need to sign a kicker for this class, and don't have another one lined up they are clueless.

I just reported what the player told me. I would think a fellow player would know-but players on the same team might not converse with the player that often. Or perhaps be jealous, yada.

It IS a change over what I was told by the cheerleaders I met in October. At that point I didn't know about Davidowicz-I half jokingly asked if they had any players good enough to play for RU or players that were considering RU.

Hey logic has it that if a player is THAT good other team are gonna come in and recruit that kid-especially after a 2-10 season.

I have no interest in spreading rumors or Davidowicz getting a schollie other than I want to see Rutgers win and have a good "product" on the field. R two tailgating leaders are either are staff "leaders" or family of top staff. We have a solid group of 20+ or so who attend every game or close. Another 10-20 who attend most games. It would also be nice to see someone from Bridgewater on the team as many fan and staff R from Briidgewater and the last player I know of from Bridgewater (played 1-2 years) graduated from my Bridgewater HS in 1980 (the year before I entered Cook).

Last edited:
If the coaching staff doesn't offer the kicker a scholarship, they should be sent to a mental institution for a check up.
And the institution probably wouldn't let them out

If that happens, would we have to pay for a buy out?

I really hope Ash or someone on his staff sees your bump. They probably have no feel for the recruits leanings, thank god for this board.

Assuming sarcasm? some might appreciate, some might not or be indifferent. The reason why I posted is a seeming "shift In attitude". I lived for a year in the Phllly area back around 1990 and sent coach Graber a few articles. He wrote back on Rutgers letterhead on red ink. That's more than R tailgating "leader" who I sent both a picture and donor tips from people on this board. ***Actually here I'm taking the lead here from all those we needed a kicker after the Minnesota loss. Didn't watch.

From what I haveard Davidowicz has always been a Rutgers lean if not a done deal. The only other school I ever heard mentioned was Harvard and that offer may or may not having been taken seriously as the ivies don't offer schollies and given Davidowiczs family has some wealth Davidowicz couldn't get the aid package he needed (heard that at the beginning of the season).

Also lots of recruits are leans one minute and not the next. Already happened with our 3-star RB recruit. ****Better be aggressive and wrong than lose a player.

Frankly, from my 35+ years of experience with Rutgers I trust myself and other posters as much as I do much staff, who in the past have made many a mistake. I have outperformed top athletic staff in both the classroom and my "hobby" and have seen basic staff requirements waived for some who have moved into director positons right away.

Also if a recruit is "using" Rutgers for better offers why would he necessarly tell Ash? Ash could pull that player's "offer". I'm just reporting what a player told me (new). I have broken stories before such as Schiano's house sale (when his relator didn't show at my house the day before for an appointment, told me he had sold the house and handed me a $20 to "help me").

At worse I'm trying to contribute vs troll-like a lot here.

Last edited:
Cool life history bro

And it's kind of sad because just having lost all I seem to be happier than those spending all day trolling others, b*tchng endlessly about the football program (oft they don't attend games or donate-or do anything to help) or troll other teams because they wish they were fans of a winning program. Id rather spend my time trying to help.

I'm glad you found you own unsubstantiated rumor "important" enough to bump up

Many schools do not scholarship hs kickers. They get them on campus and have them compete and offer one once they have earned it.

This may be the case in most schools but most schools do not have a kicking game as bad as ours. In fact, most schools actually have a kicking game. We don't. I know nothing about the player being referred to in this post but this team needs a kicker badly and I will lose a lot of the respect I had for this staff if they don't address this problem this year. If it takes a scholarship then use the scholarship.

And it's kind of sad because just having lost all I seem to be happier than those spending all day trolling others, b*tchng endlessly about the football program (oft they don't attend games or donate-or do anything to help) or troll other teams because they wish they were fans of a winning program. Id rather spend my time trying to help.
f7FdEdG.jpg

I can't believe in this day an age that arm chair coaches that have ZERO clue about D1A athletes or D1A football can call a coaching staff extremely detailed in everything they do CLUELESS. Do you realize how foolish and stupid you sound??
Just curious

This kicker and his dad sat in front of us at the Penn St game. While his dad is pretty big, the kid appears very small, maybe 5' 8" or 9" about 160-170. Probably doesn't matter much for a kicker anyway. That said his Hudl tape is pretty good. Not great but good. Kohl's kicking service/rankings has him ranked 18 in the country, but I think they only rank the kids who show up to their camps and pay their way in. Probably an upgrade over Bonagura, not sure about punting, only saw his kicking hudl tape. We need a kicker And punter, desperately. Kicker more.

Ok, so I spoke to someone close to the situation, and JD is a silent verbal but is looking to find full 4 year scholarship he is pursuing this through his kicking coach who is telling him to look for a 4 year scholly. He has not been offered from anyone else except Army and he does not want to go there. This perso. Also said that RU loves the kicker from St Joe's who is a 2018 and could simply take him. This person feels like JD is over playing his hand and could be left out all together. This person also said that the RU offer is his best offer by far.

how do we know that Ash and company are so detailed and on top of recruiting that well?
many here defended Flood about recruiting while others even said they knew for fact some recruits were never being followed up upon after initial showing of RU interest,and many here shouted them down saying "staff knows better","its not true"..,blah,blah..
then after the arrests and Flood disaster..everyone found out from recruits themselves..it was true..staff was lazy,never followed up..recruits had to call RU staff themselves..
So..how do we know that Ash and staff are so on top of things recruit wise?
results on the field and lack of progress regarding improvement in players performance as season continued does not make it a slam dunk that anyone knows Ash and company are 100% on top of recruiting at this point.Its a performance based profession ,College and Pro coaching.
also isnt the St Joes kid a dual sports star like Juwan Harris?

Ok, so I spoke to someone close to the situation, and JD is a silent verbal but is looking to find full 4 year scholarship he is pursuing this through his kicking coach who is telling him to look for a 4 year scholly. He has not been offered from anyone else except Army and he does not want to go there. This perso. Also said that RU loves the kicker from St Joe's who is a 2018 and could simply take him. This person feels like JD is over playing his hand and could be left out all together. This person also said that the RU offer is his best offer by far.
Isn't every scholarship really year-to-year?

Yes, but RU is asking him to come in as a preferred walk on and the scholly him in years 2-4. Also he is a smart kid who will get academic money so he would even pay for a full year here. I know that a lot of you will think that this is RU's fault if he does not come but, my source says that he is getting some not great advice regarding this. Take it for what is worth but I am very confident that my source knows what he is talking about.

Reactions: AshSaturday
how do we know that Ash and company are so detailed and on top of recruiting that well?
many here defended Flood about recruiting while others even said they knew for fact some recruits were never being followed up upon after initial showing of RU interest,and many here shouted them down saying "staff knows better","its not true"..,blah,blah..
then after the arrests and Flood disaster..everyone found out from recruits themselves..it was true..staff was lazy,never followed up..recruits had to call RU staff themselves..
So..how do we know that Ash and staff are so on top of things recruit wise?
results on the field and lack of progress regarding improvement in players performance as season continued does not make it a slam dunk that anyone knows Ash and company are 100% on top of recruiting at this point.Its a performance based profession ,College and Pro coaching.
also isnt the St Joes kid a dual sports star like Juwan Harris?

Do you see 10 de-commits as of the end of October? Despite what happened on the field? That's all you need to know about the difference between this staff and Elmer's.

Reactions: Local Shill
Do you see 10 de-commits as of the end of October? Despite what happened on the field? That's all you need to know about the difference between this staff and Elmer's.
Im not trying to argue with you but I just saw the state best RB decomitt from RU ,along with another solid RB,all in last two weeks..
Guess we will see by LOI day..

Im not trying to argue with you but I just saw the state best RB decomitt from RU ,along with another solid RB,all in last two weeks..
Guess we will see by LOI day..

1 was never coming here. He was waiting, all along, for his Wisconsin offer. The other kid, well, wants to be with his gf. We'll see how well that works out for him.

You have to stop the excuses Nuts.
Both RB's may have come here had they not been scared to death by what they saw.

Not an excuse. Fact. Taylor's family flat-out stated that they were waiting for a Wisconsin offer. There was no question where he was headed. Probably never should have accepted his commitment. Why have NO other commits fled if they were "scared"? Food for thought.

I can't believe in this day an age that arm chair coaches that have ZERO clue about D1A athletes or D1A football can call a coaching staff extremely detailed in everything they do CLUELESS. Do you realize how foolish and stupid you sound??
Just curious

lol this, some of the posters on here can't be that naive can they?

This thread is extremely cringeworthy.

Reactions: RutgHoops
I'm glad you found you own unsubstantiated rumor "important" enough to bump up

Many schools do not scholarship hs kickers. They get them on campus and have them compete and offer one once they have earned it.
we tried that, how has it worked out?

He has offered and is right now a silent commit but, he is looking for a better situation.

You have to stop the excuses Nuts.
Both RB's may have come here had they not been scared to death by what they saw.

Then why did he commit? Just another excuse
If you've been on this board at all since May you knew one was biding his time waiting for Wisky to offer. The other started begging PSU to offer. They were always the most likely to bolt and in the one case many on here basically considered him gone since the spring.

Two things factually wrong with your scenario. There are no partial scholarships in football (allowable in other sports). And two, Big 10 rules guarantee scholarship for 4 years and can't be reduced (as long as you are in good academic standing and follow team rules).

Taylor was a fan of Wisconsin so when they offered we were in trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT