ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium atmosphere at Team Entrance is EMBARRASSING

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
One thing that Penn State does so much better than we do is that the vast majority of their fans are at their seats when the team enters the stadium. This creates a huge impression on recruits, and pumps up the team.

In contrast, I’m not sure if Rutgers stadium is even half full when the team enters, and it’s pretty embarrassing. How deflating must it feel to the players, to run out to a half empty stadium. Hopefully, with a much better team, fans will be motivated to be at their seats early. We should all be doing our best to enter the stadium an hour before kickoff. That’s what they do at Penn State, and this creates an AMAZING atmosphere.

The players know it’s a late arriving crowd and I’m sure everyone is happy we aren’t like PSU. More important is the crowd energy during the game. Another horrible take by OP
And years ago there was a game or two where other programs suspected we had piped in crowd noise at critical moments of a game

Late arriving, but you hope and expect the crowd to rise to the moment

I agree with you Al it looks high school ish when the team comes out. I blame the fanbase being so small time. It’s why posters shouldn’t ever think they matter because the administration sees that this fanbase only shows up to complain. Some of the above posters think that what happened at Penn State matters to the Penn State fan base. It was a horrible thing that happened but bringing it up every second and not moving on will do nothing for them. Making sure that never happens again is what they must do but they will continue showing up because they love their school. They donate and show up. We complain and complain and stay at the tailgate because inside the stadium we have to pay for food and alcohol. Don’t expect the administration to care about you when you do squat for them. It’s why the yellow lot will be gone and a building will be there. Why cater to cheap guys who complain about the hot dog prices.

Our football program does not have a history of playing highly important games of National consequence.
Do you somehow forget what happened in 2006 when we played such a game?
The place was packed with emotional fans crying during the playing of the Alma Mater.
If we are as good as you say we are, it will happen naturally, it will never happen at your urging!

The players know it’s a late arriving crowd and I’m sure everyone is happy we aren’t like PSU. More important is the crowd energy during the game. Another horrible take by OP

That’s not a valid excuse. If Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Iowa fans can show up on time, in much larger stadiums, so can we. So disrespectful that the band performs for a near empty stadium.

That’s not a valid excuse. If Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Iowa fans can show up on time, in much larger stadiums, so can we. So disrespectful that the band performs for a near empty stadium.

When our football program provides the fans with high level consequential games of National intrigue, our program will evolve and provide a band and pregame show worthy of every person being in their seat.
Listening to mind numbing, ear hurting rap/hip hop music at ridiculously loud decibels ain’t doing it.

The marketing team has made the tardiness even more likely with the addition of the ‘Boardwalk’.

However, as the students who have and are embracing the program age up and buy season tix, I believe we’ll see more embracing the opening game traditions every year.

I love the opening game traditions, myself, and go to great lengths to ensure that I’m in my seat for them.

When our football program provides the fans with high level consequential games of National intrigue, our program will evolve and provide a band and pregame show worthy of every person being in their seat.
Listening to mind numbing, ear hurting rap/hip hop music at ridiculously loud decibels ain’t doing it.
Exactly. I don't remember there being an issue in 2006 for the Louisville game.

Rutgers needs to own some of this. We've left tailgate 40 minutes before kickoff and went to the gate; arriving at our seats 5 minutes into the 1st quarter.
This needs to improve.
are you saying it took 40 mins to get thru gate when you were in line ... are you in the RAC and it takes 40 mins to get from car-bus-gate and seat... ive never waited more that 15 minutes from being inline to stadium and at concession stand..

Reactions: rubaseball78
Exactly. I don't remember there being an issue in 2006 for the Louisville game.
There wasn’t an empty seat in the student section 30 minutes before kickoff and the opening kickoff electricity was equal to a defensive 4-1 at our own 40 in the second quarter of a regular B1G TEN game.
I have been to major sporting events my entire life and have never experienced the surreal atmosphere our program provided us that night.
All it tells me is we can do it.

I agree with you Al it looks high school ish when the team comes out. I blame the fanbase being so small time. It’s why posters shouldn’t ever think they matter because the administration sees that this fanbase only shows up to complain. Some of the above posters think that what happened at Penn State matters to the Penn State fan base. It was a horrible thing that happened but bringing it up every second and not moving on will do nothing for them. Making sure that never happens again is what they must do but they will continue showing up because they love their school. They donate and show up. We complain and complain and stay at the tailgate because inside the stadium we have to pay for food and alcohol. Don’t expect the administration to care about you when you do squat for them. It’s why the yellow lot will be gone and a building will be there. Why cater to cheap guys who complain about the hot dog prices.
Let's be real here. If psu won at the rate that Rutgers has, you'd see 80,000 empty seats. If Rutgers won at the rate psu does, you wouldn't be able to buy a fvcking ticket at face value to the game, as it'd be standing room only.

I'm sorry, is this a NEGATIVE post about Rutgers from Al?????

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

are you saying it took 40 mins to get thru gate when you were in line ... are you in the RAC and it takes 40 mins to get from car-bus-gate and seat... ive never waited more that 15 minutes from being inline to stadium and at concession stanI

It seems to differ across different games. I definitely think it would be beneficial to somehow reconfigure the Gate E area. Perhaps move the souvenir stand to a different area and make that entire concrete area into larger entry?

are you saying it took 40 mins to get thru gate when you were in line ... are you in the RAC and it takes 40 mins to get from car-bus-gate and seat... ive never waited more that 15 minutes from being inline to stadium and at concession stand..

Yellow or blue lot.

Every stadium is playing the music that the current team enjoys listening to. I’ve been to most of the BIG stadiums and many others while traveling to see Rutgers games. Basketball arenas also play what these young kids enjoy listening to. Lunatic Fringe will not be played at games much. It’s not 1950 and it won’t come back ever again.

There wasn’t an empty seat in the student section 30 minutes before kickoff and the opening kickoff electricity was equal to a defensive 4-1 at our own 40 in the second quarter of a regular B1G TEN game.
I have been to major sporting events my entire life and have never experienced the surreal atmosphere our program provided us that night.
All it tells me is we can do it.
Agree. Still have the ticket stub from the Louisville game.

Reactions: Kbee3
OP has a Penn State fetish. Loves their table and facilities and their fan support. Dickheads like 365247 are a big problem too with their constant ragging on our fanbase. STFU already. Be yourself by yourself and stay away from me.
If I said this I’d be banned from the thread but some posters are treated one way and others another way. OP travels to away games and donates to NIL. You donated soooooooo much until NIL became a reality now conveniently you have a moral dilemma lol. You’re a bored senior citizen.

If I said this I’d be banned from the thread but some posters are treated one way and others another way. OP travels to away games and donates to NIL. You donated soooooooo much until NIL became a reality now conveniently you have a moral dilemma lol. You’re a bored senior citizen.
What is the name of the scholarship you endowed?

Michigan State - 04
Louisville - 06
USF - 07
Fresno State - 08
Cincy - 09
Penn State - 14

Games from recent memory that were packed at kickoff and the team entrance was rocking

Can’t speak for ND in 99 Texas in 00

Point is, our fans have to have a reason to get juiced.

Best VT to start out 3-0 and I’d expect one of the best crowds we’ve ever seen

I would guess Michigan 2014 also.
Michigan in 2014 was rocking, but there was still a decent amount of empties at kick off.

It may have been because a lot of the students crammed into the center student section instead of spreading out to the sides, but I remember it not being juiced up as Cincinnati and Fresno State respectively, at least at kick off.

Michigan State - 04
Louisville - 06
USF - 07
Fresno State - 08
Cincy - 09
Penn State - 14

Games from recent memory that were packed at kickoff and the team entrance was rocking

Can’t speak for ND in 99 Texas in 00

Point is, our fans have to have a reason to get juiced.

Best VT to start out 3-0 and I’d expect one of the best crowds we’ve ever seen
We shite the bed against Fresno, Cincinnati and UNC.

Stop making iron clad, logical arguments in a fan forum…you’re embarrassing yourself 😉

What is the name of the scholarship you endowed?
Dickheadn365247,, as usual, tries so hard to take the moral high road, but he comes off as an unhinged lunatic and cannot get his facts straight. Still in the midst of a multi year commitment to R Fund. Can safely say we have more in each of the last 2 years than the loud mouth loser will give in a lifetime. And he is throwing a hissy for about attacking other posters? That is rich.

One thing that Penn State does so much better than we do is that the vast majority of their fans are at their seats when the team enters the stadium. This creates a huge impression on recruits, and pumps up the team.

In contrast, I’m not sure if Rutgers stadium is even half full when the team enters, and it’s pretty embarrassing. How deflating must it feel to the players, to run out to a half empty stadium. Hopefully, with a much better team, fans will be motivated to be at their seats early. We should all be doing our best to enter the stadium an hour before kickoff. That’s what they do at Penn State, and this creates an AMAZING atmosphere.

Hit the showers.

Get it?

If you're in Happy Valley, the only reason you are there is because of the game. The population of State College PA is 40K total. Literally nothing else to do but be inside the stadium on game day at game time. I think that's another big factor in the pregame setting. It might not be safe anywhere else otherwise for a stranger in "Happy Valley". Place gives me Deliverance vibes.

Reactions: RC1991

How is it “disrespectful” that no one is there to hear the band? Most people aren’t going to see them, they are going to see a football game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT