ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Renaming

Rutgers Public Relations and Marketing Department.

office-clown.jpg

WTF stadium would have been an improvement.

"Well Bob, this is Unbelievable. The Rutgers Scarler $h!ts are staging a massive comeback against
fill in the blank U".

"Yeah....f'ing A, I'll drink to that"!

MO
Hilarious. The Buttgers Scarlet Sh#ts!

It's a typical Rutgers move and a SHI....ITY name....but certainly a memorable one! Better to have bad PR than no PR and I can think of dozens of ways to use this acronym in a positive / kick-ass way.

I'm down with the new name and will let the people here who seem to be worried waaaaay too much about what other people think roll on with their continued debbie downer vibes.

images

Shi in Chinese means Yes..

We are essentially YES.. Stadium

There's an Abbot and Costello gag somewhere in there... but if this deal goes well it might do great things for Rutgers.

Reactions: Scarlet_Scourge
I just hope everyone is ready at the beginning of the game when the PA announcer(or DJ) says welcome to SHI, and before he can get out the word Stadium, everyone fills in the missing T. That will fun. On the bright side maybe it will get people in their seats earlier so they can be part of the T cheer.

Last edited:
Our W/L record will determine national perception, not the stadium name which will only provide fodder for opposing fans (and some of our own).

Like me and many others, you don't think Ash will get it done here. This is a good financial deal negotiated by Hobbs to provide additional money to the program that can be used to help fund future coaching changes.

Your handle and the one you responded to would be way too close for comfort if it were me. Just sayin'. It's too bad he's such a broken record.

Money is the only thing that counts especially for a school without deep pockets like us. As long as it’s not actually obscene versus perceived to be who cares. Sticks and stones etc....

Every extra dollar has the potential to improve the product on the field and we should be trying to accumulate every extra dollar we can get.

We are and will always be the biggest embarrassment to college sports than any other institution. And since I am a university of Florida grad a,school that has had a modicum of success but continue to root for this sinking ship, I am part of that embarrassment .

I just hope everyone is ready at the beginning of the game when the PA announcer(or DJ) says welcome to SHI, and before he can get out the word Stadium, everyone fills in the missing T. That will fun. On the bright side maybe it will get people in their seats earlier so they can be part of the T cheer.
Give me a T!

Thread has made me laugh multiple times. Would read again.

No such thing as bad press guys. This is the most our football program has been talked about in a few years.

Thread has made me laugh multiple times. Would read again.

No such thing as bad press guys. This is the most our football program has been talked about in a few years....on this message board

FIx it for ya, there are just so many London broil, honda accord, pork roll, pizza, toilet, nut cutting, attic fans, hotel card passes hole punching, threads we can read. At some point somehow has to actually discuss football.

A lot of people are talking a lot of Shi in this thread and that is a good thing. This deal pays for itself.

A lot of people are talking a lot of Shi in this thread and that is a good thing. This deal pays for itself.
I feel like they intentionally wanted it o be called SHI stadium just so everyone would talk about it. Hell it's the first time I've googled SHI

I think the problem is that is SHI and they are a IT firm. People will naturally connect the two.

Money is the only thing that counts especially for a school without deep pockets like us. As long as it’s not actually obscene versus perceived to be who cares. Sticks and stones etc....

Every extra dollar has the potential to improve the product on the field and we should be trying to accumulate every extra dollar we can get.
Yup people don't seem to understand college football boils down to a money game. I could careless about the name what I do care about is we tripled our money. Next get competitive and renegotiate that Adidas contract which pays us a stick of used chewing gum. Name? Who gives a SHI*.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT