ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Owens responded to the message. Will Pike?

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
For those of you who dont follow college baseball, last spring, the Rutgers baseball team came out of the Big Ten Tournament with a 44-15 record, was runner up in the Big Ten in both the regular season and the tournament. Everyone thought we were a lock for an NCAA bid. It didnt happen. The reason the committee gave for leaving Rutgers out: horrendous out of conference schedule. Sound familiar? This year, Owens has scheduled a number of teams that have been to the NCAA Tournament in the past couple years in the OOC schedule. I dont know if Pike and Owens are friends but I hope Owens gives Pike a little friendly advice.

RU baseball didn't have the quality wins last year, it had nothing to do with OOC. The B1G baseball and Basketball items associated with schedule are nowhere near the same thing. Owen's has no choice but to schedule up.....B1G baseball is not a Top 2 league.

For those of you who dont follow college baseball, last spring, the Rutgers baseball team came out of the Big Ten Tournament with a 44-15 record, was runner up in the Big Ten in both the regular season and the tournament. Everyone thought we were a lock for an NCAA bid. It didnt happen. The reason the committee gave for leaving Rutgers out: horrendous out of conference schedule. Sound familiar? This year, Owens has scheduled a number of teams that have been to the NCAA Tournament in the past couple years in the OOC schedule. I dont know if Pike and Owens are friends but I hope Owens gives Pike a little friendly advice.

Hows the baseball team responding and doing against that schedule? Are they rising to the challenge? I sure hope so. Man they got screwed and hoping they come back stronger and angrier.

Hows the baseball team responding and doing against that schedule? Are they rising to the challenge? I sure hope so. Man they got screwed and hoping they come back stronger and angrier.
Rough start but just finished a three game sweep at Georgia Southern, who was ranked 16th in the country heading into last year's NCAA Tournament to get back to .500. Fred Hill Sr's teams always started out sluggish against a tough early schedule and he got a few NCAA bids.

The difference is the B1G is bad in baseball - got 2 bids, the 2 champs (MD regular season, Mich tourney). Basketball our SOS was 39th

PLEASE stop with the OOC scheduling! How was Nevada's???? Take a look and then please stop

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT