ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse Roll Call

mikebal9

All American
Oct 15, 2005
Bound Brook
With game one now in the rear view, I can turn my attention to my road trip to Cuse. Who's going? We aren't arriving until about 9pm on Friday, but we'll likely head right out for drinks. Anyone know of a good spot? Will there be a Rutgers meet-up?
On Saturday, is everyone planning on parking at Skytop? What time will you arrive?

My group of 3 is driving up Saturday morning, hoping to arrive around 11
and driving back Sunday morning. Planning to park at Skytop..
Seats in section 111.

Guessing Skytop is the best place to park? Sounds like a RAC parking thing. Drive up Sat. morning getting there 11-noon. Staying over so we can go out Sat. night and celebrate.
Places close to stadium to grab a pre-game beverage ?

CRAP! I just saw you can only use a paper parking pass they have to mail you! not sure I can get it in time now. Amazing. Now the one thing that isn't print at home or mobile! WTF?*()^)#^*%

EDIT: you can pay cash game day.

Last edited:
Guessing Skytop is the best place to park? Sounds like a RAC parking thing. Drive up Sat. morning getting there 11-noon. Staying over so we can go out Sat. night and celebrate.

CRAP! I just saw you can only use a paper parking pass they have to mail you! not sure I can get it in time now. Amazing. Now the one thing that isn't print at home or mobile! WTF?*()^)#^*%
Where did you see about the paper parking pass? I had not seen that anywhere...

Where did you see about the paper parking pass? I had not seen that anywhere...
on their site. But I just called the cuse tix office and they said you can pay $20 cash game day and should be no issue getting a spot.

Slide1.jpg

Reactions: iReC89
I juat bought a west lot pass from a guy on their message board. 2 blocks from the dome.
was it mobile so you could get it right away? Mind sharing cost? Might do the same. After market lots were like $75-$100 close.

cash at Skytop on game day. See you there.

think my daughter is going with the riot squad but my son has football practice to 11 AM. Heard it may be moved an hour early. If so we may book it right from practice. How’s traffic heading in to that stadium. Never been. Any suggestions for a late arrival? Can I buy pre-paid parking to save some time?

think my daughter is going with the riot squad but my son has football practice to 11 AM. Heard it may be moved an hour early. If so we may book it right from practice. How’s traffic heading in to that stadium. Never been. Any suggestions for a late arrival? Can I buy pre-paid parking to save some time?
Can't be of too much help '03. Never been myself! Looks to me to be very much like RU's scene where you can only buy a lot close thru 3rd party or take a shuttle from remote cash lot. (What I'm likely doing with my group).

DO NOT FORGET THE PROOF OF VAX AND MASK!

I can't be of much help either, my first time going up. Looks like about a 4 hour drive for me, leaving from South Brunswick. We are going to park at Skytop, hoping to arrive around 11.

I can't be of much help either, my first time going up. Looks like about a 4 hour drive for me, leaving from South Brunswick. We are going to park at Skytop, hoping to arrive around 11.
For what it’s worth, it’s a bus trip and then walk from Skytop. Better leave more time.

Gametime is 2pm, do I need more than 3 hours?

If you are coming from Northern NJ you need about 3 hours and 20 minutes.
From Central NJ a little longer… add 45 minutes.
No traffic on a Saturday morning. You can make up time up 81 North thru PA and NY

If you are coming from Northern NJ you need about 3 hours and 20 minutes.
From Central NJ a little longer… add 45 minutes.
No traffic on a Saturday morning. You can make up time up 81 North thru PA and NY
Yes....planning to leave South Brunswick around 630am, with a stop hoping to arrive by 11.

I’ll be there, but dressed in orange. I know I’ll get insulted, deservedly so, but I’ll remind you that in the last 20 years, I’ve attended way more Rutgers games in red, than Syracuse games in orange.

Parking at Skytop is like parking at the RAC. If you don’t know the area or know any better, it is convenient. There are lots of places for free parking on city streets east of the Dome, but need to get there early and know Syracuse’s streets and parking rules. There are also some private pay lots like the Greek church at Rutgers. I usually use one of those.

There are now only two bars within walking distance of the Dome, which is a shame because there used to be many more. They are Faegons and The Orange Grove. Neither are particularly large, but I honestly think Rutgers fans would be welcome as long as you keep a sense of humor. The fun part of Syracuse has always been Armory Square, but that isn’t close enough to walk. Also, COVID shutdowns and lack of business, caused several of the best places there to close.

• Angry
Reactions: FastMJ
will be there...i think sec 110? we're heading up fri night depending on work schedules...
Hoping to get to dinosaur bbq either fri or sat night.

I'll be there. Thinking will wear my white jersey instead of red one. Bringing 2 others, sitting in 110. Parking at Skytop. Leaving house around 10, picking up son on the way and should be there a little after 12.

I will be there with my wife and two cousin's of mine we'll pick up in the Binghamton area.
Skytop 11am

Last edited:
Will be there. Looking to see what bar most RU fans will be at on Friday night.

Best of Luck,
Groz

I'm thinking about making the trip solo (none of my friends want to go).

Anyone welcome an extra RU fan to their group for the weekend?

I'll be there with my son sitting in Section 111. Just bought 2 tix on Stubhub for 28 bucks total.

I'll be there with my son sitting in Section 111. Just bought 2 tix on Stubhub for 28 bucks total.
yeah, super cheap tix available in the visitor section(s) and even on sidelines by 30-40yrd line. Atleast the official RU away tix werent too expensive for this game.

Reactions: FastMJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT