ADVERTISEMENT

Tai Strickland

I might be wrong but I think Davison is more of a point guard than Baker. Baker is taller as well. If Davison played only the 2G he just might find it more difficult in getting off his shot. He doesn't look taller than 6 foot or so to me.

Listed at 6-3 I think. And obviously Wisconsin feels like they'd fit together

I know he is listed as 6'3" but seeing him he looks much shorter. Baker is taller and has much longer arms. Davison had more assists (83) by quite a few over anyone else on Wisconsin except for Happ who had 122. Happ was a center who was often double teamed and often received a pass and than threw the ball back to an open shooter. Moving forward we will see what develops.

Reactions: phlop87
Great options for Strickland. Spoken from someone who has sought NB for all it has to offer...the choice is clear. R

Could get the same response from an RU visit. Just replace Wisconsin with New Jersey, and country with turnpike and oil refineries.
Take him out for an authentic NJ sub, cheese steak and pizza and we're in for sure. Probably filled up on fondue on the last trip.

Something tells me Sanders is out. I don’t think this kid is trying to wait a year. Thoughts?

Something tells me Sanders is out. I don’t think this kid is trying to wait a year. Thoughts?

If not Sanders, then someone else. I don't think Strickland would be so serious about RU if there wasn't a spot open for him. Unless I got the scholarship availability wrong.

Well know if Sanders retweet’s this post Tai Strickland makes possibly.

Potential booster violation. No? Careful.

Really? The NCAA is not coming after people on Twitter. There are Thousands of Fans tweeting out. Good luck finding me....lol

When they start issuing subpoenas to Twitter and the Rutgers Message board to release subscriber records to get my name I'll get concerned.

Last edited:
Strickland could also favor the idea of watching Sanders play for a year. It just seems like high level players want to play right away.well see how it proceeds.

One thing we know is that we have some current players who are really proud to be knights. Baker, Mathis, Harper Jr, Kiss, etc. That makes me happy, and it is important.

Last edited:
I wonder if we put feelers out to his now uncommitted teammate serrell smith just in case more than one scholly opens up.

Really? The NCAA is not coming after people on Twitter. There are Thousands of Fans tweeting out. Good luck finding me....lol

When they start issuing subpoenas to Twitter and the Rutgers Message board to release subscriber records to get my name I'll get concerned.

I'm sure you're right about that but just pointing out that technically it is a violation. Fans are not necessarily a booster. And we're Rutgers , held to a higher level ya know. Just don't want to lose this guy....fans tweeting...ok, going to find one guy, ah no....Twitter Campaign hosted by the Rutgers BBall Forum? ok, have at it. I'll put my RU paranoia away. good luck.

Here's hoping that these guys are saying - GO TO RUTGERS! - their opinions might hold some sway

Steve Mills, Rod Strickland and Ron Harper at Rod Strickland Golf Tournament 2012 to benefit Young Athletes, Inc.
Young Athlete's mission is to help disadvantaged children in New York avoid the detrimental influences of poverty and achieve their full potential.

60d2039d1d457542fbefd50052e1c89b--ron-harper-golf-events.jpg

During the summer months, YAI operates the Kyrie Irving/Rod Strickland Summer Basketball League servicing 450+ youth from the tri-state area. In addition, Young Athletes hosts the Straphangers Club, a summer travel program, five days per week for middle school youth.

Last edited:
Love this kids game. I think we have a good shot.

Mathis, Carter, Kiss, Geo, Eugene is a nice young core. Toss Strickland in their and the possibilities in a few years are awesome.

I guess also by his top 3... the B1G is his favorite league. Dont blame him.

Reactions: MadRU
Here's hoping that these guys are saying - GO TO RUTGERS! - their opinions might hold some sway

Steve Mills, Rod Strickland and Ron Harper at Rod Strickland Golf Tournament 2012 to benefit Young Athletes, Inc.
Young Athlete's mission is to help disadvantaged children in New York avoid the detrimental influences of poverty and achieve their full potential.

During the summer months, YAI operates the Kyrie Irving/Rod Strickland Summer Basketball League servicing 450+ youth from the tri-state area. In addition, Young Athletes hosts the Straphangers Club, a summer travel program, five days per week for middle school youth.

Well, guess that answers the question as to whether they know each other!

Reactions: MV9000

For those wondering who Mills is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Mills_(sports_executive)

Reactions: RUMBA-JK
If he's considering us, Wisconsin, and Minnesota then maybe he likes snow... looks like we'll sure have a ton of it for him.

Lol...fake news by nuts....nothing new!

Please tell me the last time (see: first time) I've EVER posted anything, whatsoever, "fake." Guess what, you can't, but nice try! Also, IF you read his OP, then read my post, you can literally see the sarcasm dripping out BUT obviously you're not that clever.

Can't wait to find out which "former" poster you're a reboot of LOL!

Last edited:
My first
If he's considering us, Wisconsin, and Minnesota then maybe he likes snow... looks like we'll sure have a ton of it for him.
job out of Rutgers was a traveling salesman covering those two states and Illinois. Man it’s cold. I mean like the worst few days of NJ cold is the norm all winter in Minnesota and Westwrn Wisconsin. Nice people though. I been to Minnesota campus. Urban, remind me of Rutgers. Never got to Wisconsin

Please tell me the last time (see: first time) I've EVER posted anything, whatsoever, "fake." Guess what, you can't, but nice try! Also, IF you read his OP, then read my post, you can literally see the sarcasm dripping out BUT obviously you're not that clever.

Can't wait to find out which "former" poster you're a reboot of LOL!

Wow! I must have struck a chord...lol But obviously I am not clever....lol. Fake news again! LOL

But you couldn't see the sarcasm in my post (lol in it)....I see that you are not the clever one. . Take a chill pill and relax. Lol

Last edited:
If ru misses on Strickland, and Sanders stays, that might be the perfect setup for Mulcahy, who is committed to playing of full time. If Strickland is here, that might deter Mulcahy.

1 on the banks is better than 1 not guaranteed for the future. I like Strickland’s game, and think the ru staff has better chances with him than a highly recruited Mulcahy.

ADVERTISEMENT