ADVERTISEMENT

Tai Strickland

I am just stating how players think now. Not ten years ago. The game has changed. They say they want the competition, but only if they see what is already there is able to be moved.

I am not losing sleep over this stuff. Strickland or Mulcahy will perform fine here.

I agree that recruits want a clear path to playing time when they decide, however, you can't turn down a good PG this year based on what a 2019 recruit may do.

I know zilch...but you all may be starting another thank you Souf and Matt thread soon ?? :pray:

Knowing nothing and simply using context clues...He is visiting RU right now and Russ heard something tonight that he won’t be taking his next visit. Sounds great for us...
Let me reiterate that I heard something tonight that made me think there won't be a visit to Minnesota.

His Minnesota visit is scheduled to start on April the 6th. As of right now I believe that visit will still happen. Strickland is very interested in going up there. But I had a phone conversation with someone today that makes me think that Minnesota might go in another direction.

I've reached out to a Minnesota source and should have a better idea by Sunday night.

Also, the Gophers suddenly offered guard Trey McGowens yesterday.

I never found Minnesota to be a serious threat. It was always going to be between Wisconsin and Rutgers for Strickland's services.

I never found Minnesota to be a serious threat. It was always going to be between Wisconsin and Rutgers for Strickland's services.

I think it's down to Rutgers Livingston campus or the Rutgers College Ave campus - New Dorms... .. .lol

Heard something tonight to make me think there won't be a visit to Minnesota

giphy.gif

Reactions: NewJerseyHawk
Something that people don't want to talk about.....Sanders has every right to take as long as he wants to decide. I just hope his delay doesn't end up costing us here.

Something that people don't want to talk about.....Sanders has every right to take as long as he wants to decide. I just hope his delay doesn't end up costing us here.

Even if Sanders stays I'm sure he'll get a good amount of minutes. Sanders, Baker, Kiss, Mathis, Strickland would be great for next year! Could be a starter by sophomore year

Let me reiterate that I heard something tonight that made me think there won't be a visit to Minnesota.

His Minnesota visit is scheduled to start on April the 6th. As of right now I believe that visit will still happen. Strickland is very interested in going up there. But I had a phone conversation with someone today that makes me think that Minnesota might go in another direction.

I've reached out to a Minnesota source and should have a better idea by Sunday night.

Also, the Gophers suddenly offered guard Trey McGowens yesterday.

Any increased clarity on this situation?

Even if Sanders stays I'm sure he'll get a good amount of minutes. Sanders, Baker, Kiss, Mathis, Strickland would be great for next year! Could be a starter by sophomore year

I am guessing Strickland coming here has something to do if Sanders isn’t. Just a hunch.

Do you think his fathers connection with ron harper and them living in NJ have any play in his decision. Maybe like a home away from home.

Any increased clarity on this situation?
Sure.

Based on a conversation I had, on Friday I think, it sounded like Minny might be headed in another direction and might cancel the visit.

My source in MN told me that's not the case.

Three different sources told me that the Gophers were trying to get game video on Strickland, but were not having any success. One source actually told me that Minny felt like someone in FL, he did not give me a name or even a hint, may be working against them.

The consensus of my three sources is that Minny wants Strickland but they wanted game video because they haven't seen him play in a game. The game video request got twisted into something that it wasn't, perhaps, by the mystery person who might not be pro Minny.

I thought that I posted an update Saturday after my source in MN got back to me. Had a pretty full Saturday and evidently forgot.

Minny did offer Trey McGowens but it appears he is going to stay in the 2019 class and not reclass into 2018.

Reactions: lilphilw
I just wish Sanders was doing his decision making on campus just like Bullock and Mensah.

So what are you hearing?

Maybe this quote from the article that was on the main page:

Strickland said he hung out with the rest of the team as well, sans Corey Sanders.

The rising senior guard is back home in Lakeland, Florida, contemplating his future. But regardless of whether he chooses to return for his senior season or join the professional ranks, it won’t have an effect on Strickland’s decision.

“Not at all,” Strickland said when asked if Sanders’ decision affects his. “I don’t know his situation, but Pikiell told me ‘you have a place here.’ Corey could play off the ball, I could play off the ball so it really doesn’t matter.”

Reactions: Scangg
Maybe this quote from the article that was on the main page:

Strickland said he hung out with the rest of the team as well, sans Corey Sanders.

The rising senior guard is back home in Lakeland, Florida, contemplating his future. But regardless of whether he chooses to return for his senior season or join the professional ranks, it won’t have an effect on Strickland’s decision.

“Not at all,” Strickland said when asked if Sanders’ decision affects his. “I don’t know his situation, but Pikiell told me ‘you have a place here.’ Corey could play off the ball, I could play off the ball so it really doesn’t matter.”

Best case scenario is they play together for 1 year and go head to head everyday in practice.

ADVERTISEMENT