ADVERTISEMENT

Talked to a PSU Starter About RU

How are we supposed to attract offensive playmakers off the portal when we have no OC or at the very least there is uncertainty regarding the OC ? When do guys start getting signed off the portal or has that already begun ? I don't see how the O woes are going to get fixed any time soon quite frankly.

Reactions: jsol_05
They had speed but lacked ball skills. Ryan had the best ball skills of the bunch and Jones made some nice plays. We haven’t replaced Leonte Carroo, which is the caliber of receiver we need to be successful.

Yes...it does. It was THAT awful. The stain
If you want to attach the stain to players who weren’t there, why don’t you attach the stain to an adult that was there.

Last edited:
We keep saying the OC sucks.
Our peers are quite upfront about the fact our receivers pose no problems or issues for their defense.
Replacing the OC does not remedy the issue
It’s all about recruiting, when the teams that we are playing 3rd team player are better then our number one. That is a problem.

Reactions: Caliknight
Yea they made him coach emeritus (whatever that means). He was still given an office in the training facility, access to Paterno's suite at the stadium (away, home and bowl games), access to travel with team to away games (planes etc..) and hotel accommodations. So I guess he wasn't a coach if that makes you feel better.

All this makes the case even worse

He was no longer coach

Yet they kept him closely tied to the program

🤔

You don’t have to think hard on this question……”why would they do that?!?!”

Last edited:
How are we supposed to attract offensive playmakers off the portal when we have no OC or at the very least there is uncertainty regarding the OC ? When do guys start getting signed off the portal or has that already begun ? I don't see how the O woes are going to get fixed any time soon quite frankly.
I assume his future OC is involved in a bowl game and we will not know until that bowl game is played, otherwise, waiting this long is insane, the kids entering the transfer portal are being actively recruited by programs.

All this makes the case even worse

He was no longer coach

Yet they kept him closely tied to the program

🤔

You don’t have to think hard on this question……”why would they do that?!?!”
Everybody that was up there had an idea of what was going on. Let not dance around the issue and I mean everyone. Where are you Ray Gricar, he heard the confession. Then boom he up and disappeared. If the full story was to ever come out a lot of people would be out of a job and they wouldn’t be playing football on top of the mountain. Same all story, pay the $$$$ and move on. Look at all the institution that has had sex scandals, same thing pay off and move on until the next scandal. Don’t think Las Vegas is looking for the killer who knocked on the ex-priest door and when he answered put a clip into him.

Last edited:
I assume his future OC is involved in a bowl game and we will not know until that bowl game is played, otherwise, waiting this long is insane, the kids entering the transfer portal are being actively recruited by programs.
Doesn’t make sense. Most of these HC that are leaving aren’t coaching in a bowl game. Didn’t we crush Ash for not leaving OSTATE until after the bowl game. Even if the OC was gonna stay why couldn’t he be announced?

If that is the case that person is not the right hire. You move on from that person. You want the person that will run to your program not look for ways to delay the move.

I talked to a starter on PSU's defense. His take on RU. The defense is very good. They are talented, play very hard, and STRESSED that they play together and fight for each other. Said the constant three and outs kill the defensive players, particularly linemen. As to the offense. First thing he said, is that they do not play for each other. Everyone wants theirs. Thinks Gavin has talent, but needs more nurturing and development. Finally said, the WRs are very easy to cover, slow, and not quick. They were basically on the side line laughing about the offensive ineptitude.
Cite your source.

If you want to attach the stain to players who weren’t there, why don’t you attach the stain to an adult that was there.
The stain is attached to the institution. Those who signed up for the institution after the stain arrived had to have known about the stain surrounding Pedd State. It was in all the papers.

The stain is attached to the institution. Those who signed up for the institution after the stain arrived had to have known about the stain surrounding Pedd State. It was in all the papers.
The stain should be attached to who was there also because they all knew what was goin on

Reactions: RUaMoose
^^^^ bullchit
No if you don’t think everyone up didn’t know what was going on you are sadly mistaken. He was bringing kids to bowl games, he was overheard by the DA who disappeared confessing. He was bringing kids to the facility. He was having sleep over with the kids at his home. Everyone kne, so if you are going after the kids now, also go after the adults that were there.

Reactions: RUaMoose
Not a troll. Posting for years. If you are not interested in hearing what a starter on a top 10 team has to say about our team, then you are an ostrich. I thought his insights were very interesting.
Not a troll? A snitch. You were trashing psu a couple years ago. You have no cred.

BTW, everyone blames the receivers but I personally think that Gavin just wasn't ready to play at this level because of his age. I seriously believe that if we had Maryland's QB or the BC QB, the team would have won 7 games. In addition, Tahj Harris would also have been with this team as well. Gavin has a high ceiling but his floor as a teenager was too low. Hopefully, this experience with the offense has significantly helped his development for next year. If it did, it would be great for recruiting.

Reactions: rutgersal
Doesn’t make sense. Most of these HC that are leaving aren’t coaching in a bowl game. Didn’t we crush Ash for not leaving OSTATE until after the bowl game. Even if the OC was gonna stay why couldn’t he be announced?

It’s a good point.

To me it lends itself to RU cleaning house on the offensive side and with signing day around the corner we need to get kids signed before making any staff moves. Guessing we will hear more in the next few weeks.

Every year you Post wha tone if your PSU student ls thinks and every year nobody cares. We get it you like PSU and PSU is better.

Reactions: mdh2003
An 18/19 year old who plays D1 football, against the team being analyzed? An 18/19 year old who watches film, basically as a job? An 18/19 who has been on the field with our players and interacted with them?
Yea, I'll take his word over some dude who sits in the stands and posts on a message board.
X1000

It’s a good point.

To me it lends itself to RU cleaning house on the offensive side and with signing day around the corner we need to get kids signed before making any staff moves. Guessing we will hear more in the next few weeks.
Still not an excuse not to have someone in place before signing day. House cleanings happen all the time prior to and post signing day doesn’t matter. You could always keep certain personnel on staff through signing day for continuity. There is little benefit to not having the most important hire in this cycle on staff prior to portal opening and signing day.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
So we're are taking the word of an 18/19 year old about the talents of Rutgers Football which he saw 3 hours live?
He spent the entire preceding week watching game film and being given scouting reports by his coaches. Then, he actually took the field and played against RU. He wasn't some random spectator in the stands.

Has it helped him becoma an NFL All-Pro? Or even a starter? Everybody in the NFL can run, too.
Being able to run a 40 one or two tenths of a second faster than someone else would only seem to matter for the longest pass plays where it's an all-out sprint downfield. Within 10 yards, where so many plays take place, quickness off the blocks must be at least as important, as well as shiftiness. Quickness comes in many forms. Also, stamina must count. Some players might not be running as fast in the 4th quarter as they did in the 1st.

I don't buy into the fact that any PSU player would waste his time talking to anyone affiliated with your garbage program! You should be kicked out of the BIG!!
Now this is the kind of scum PSU fan that can have Pedo State thrown in his face. Have at it.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
So we're are taking the word of an 18/19 year old about the talents of Rutgers Football which he saw 3 hours live?
Yeah he plays against them so hed have a much better insight than anyone on this boardl for sure. Just a little insight from an opposing player. It's really not that hard to see if you look hard enough. I agree with him our receivers suck

What exactly does it mean that the Offensive players do not play for each other?

How is it different from other teams offenses?

Isnt the OP on the faculty at PSU? Was the PSU player possibly pulling his leg?

This is mostly a nothing burger imo.
Yes on faculty and RU grad if I remember right. Why would a player pull his leg. Our entire offense sucks and we have not had a playmaker receiver since Caroo. They cannot get open and if they do by chance get open cannot catch

And who game planned for them all week? And who probably knows more about football than any of the keyboard warriors on here who are all just one missed opportunity away from being NFL coaches. So, yeah.

Now this is the kind of scum PSU fan that can have Pedo State thrown in his face. Have at it.
I still don’t understand why a PSU Troll like the guy you are referring to or Cuse trolls that come on here and waste time on our site then say we don‘t belong in the big blah blah.

I still don’t understand why a PSU Troll like the guy you are referring to or Cuse trolls that come on here and waste time on our site then say we don‘t belong in the big blah blah.
Asked that same question in this thread earlier directly to a Sandusky apologist. Less than truthful answer.

Never felt the need to go to another schools site to post. It’s a bizarre phenomenon.

Reactions: RUbacker
Asked that same question in this thread earlier directly to a Sandusky apologist. Less than truthful answer.

Never felt the need to go to another schools site to post. It’s a bizarre phenomenon.

Should check out the bball board and the threads about people going to the Indiana board after we beat them.
Super bizarre.

Indiana mods and posters are “snowflakes” for banning a bunch of opposing fans coming over just to post “you suck! We beat you again!!”

Should check out the bball board and the threads about people going to the Indiana board after we beat them.
Super bizarre.

Indiana mods and posters are “snowflakes” for banning a bunch of opposing fans coming over just to post “you suck! We beat you again!!”
Don’t get it. But to each their own. And yet we have mods here that let posters come from opposing teams to lecture and berate our community repeatedly without any consequences.

Reactions: NickRU714
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT