ADVERTISEMENT

Talked to a PSU Starter About RU

you mean, what you THINK you know about the incident. i bring that up because in this thread, detached internet posters THINK they know more about what the PSU starter said was discussed on the sideline and game planning than he himself did know, actually being there.
You really are that delusional.

I don’t have to THINK anything. I can rely on Paterno’s own statements about the incident. Those, and the fact that some of the victims did not meet Sandusky, through the Second Mile charity, which was still allowed to be associated with the PSU football program, years AFTER the shower incident, is enough to damn Paterno.

You need to THIsnK more, worship less.

An 18/19 year old who plays D1 football, against the team being analyzed? An 18/19 year old who watches film, basically as a job? An 18/19 who has been on the field with our players and interacted with them?
Yea, I'll take his word over some dude who sits in the stands and posts on a message board.
I agree and White Bus doesn't even watch from the stands anymore, so there's that. Is it a be-all, end-all analysis? No. But you can't dismiss it entirely and it's not something that we don't see ourselves.

You really are that delusional.

I don’t have to THINK anything. I can rely on Paterno’s own statements about the incident. Those, and the fact that some of the victims did not meet Sandusky, through the Second Mile charity, which was still allowed to be associated with the PSU football program, years AFTER the shower incident, is enough to damn Paterno.

You need to THIsnK more, worship less.
How did Joe Paterno sneak into a thread about RU‘s offense and defense in 2022?

Why not start a Paterno thread and post there to your hearts delight?

Last edited:
I thought Cruickshank and Youngblood had elite speed?

We missed Bo this year more then many think.
Elite speed means nothing if you don't know how to run a clean route. I have seen our receivers run routes through soft spots and into coverage. Routes are art and science. Science knowing how to run the diagramed route, art knowing when to modify route to get the desired result (vary speed, sit down in soft spots, use the defenders leverage against them) Something our receivers lack.

Elite speed means nothing if you don't know how to run a clean route. I have seen our receivers run routes through soft spots and into coverage. Routes are art and science. Science knowing how to run the diagramed route, art knowing when to modify route to get the desired result (vary speed, sit down in soft spots, use the defenders leverage against them) Something our receivers lack.

We don’t have a lot of talent and we are not very well coached. As far as I’m concerned, the PSU players take is spot on. Rather than bringing up issues that don’t matter, we should be talking about the task at hand, which is how do we improve the quality of our WRs?

This is the part people miss.

When you are confident in your defense stopping the other team (because of your own defensive skill or other teams offensive ineptitude) you actually play MORE aggressive on offense.

You don't just punt and "let the defense handle it".
You take the chance on offense and if it doesn't work then trust the defense to hold the fort.

I wish I could like this post more than once.

Reactions: Caliknight
We don’t have a lot of talent and we are not very well coached. As far as I’m concerned, the PSU players take is spot on. Rather than bringing up issues that don’t matter, we should be talking about the task at hand, which is how do we improve the quality of our WRs?
I agree. You can look at it 2 ways.
1) Talent issue
2)Coaching issue

I believe our problem at the skill positions specifically WR is a coaching issue more than talent. Sure we can use more talent. But there are things a good coach can work with in that room. Our wr's have desirable metrics. The issue is they are not a fundamentally sound group. They do not run crisp routes, they don't have great field awareness, they take plays off. These are all easily coached. So I do not take offense to what the PSU player supposedly said. Because I think we have all said the same thing. I do not believe many of our skill players do the little things on the field to show they are working for their teammates.

I talked to a starter on PSU's defense. His take on RU. The defense is very good. They are talented, play very hard, and STRESSED that they play together and fight for each other. Said the constant three and outs kill the defensive players, particularly linemen. As to the offense. First thing he said, is that they do not play for each other. Everyone wants theirs. Thinks Gavin has talent, but needs more nurturing and development. Finally said, the WRs are very easy to cover, slow, and not quick. They were basically on the side line laughing about the offensive ineptitude.
This is not anything every fan does not already know.

right mike, especially when it's the same view the rest of us have. i do find it interesting though that hundreds of us internet posters are 100% sure "Joe Knew" without actually being there or having any more intel than my grandfather who died in 1961 did. But I digress.
What the hell? Joe absolutely knew!!! He reported it. There's no posturing, guessing or investigation needed. The sad part is Scumbag Joe allowed the child molester to remain on staff and continue his sick rampage after it was disclosed to officials. He protected his buddy Sandusky by not pursuing the matter when it was swept under the rug.

Reactions: RU#1fan and Kbee3
Not a troll. Posting for years. If you are not interested in hearing what a starter on a top 10 team has to say about our team, then you are an ostrich. I thought his insights were very interesting.
what you claim that Nit said about RU WRs seems just about right and his Gavin comment spot on.
agree: "his insights were very interesting."
especially talking about the RU D

Not sure how an opposing player can say that the offensive players don't play for each other, because that's not true.
The receivers were easy to defend because the balls were mostly off target. And if the two receivers are covered, the ball should be thrown on target to the safety valve, or run the ball himself. When Gavin was throwing on target, our receivers were catching the ball fine. The bottom line is the offensive line has to play a little better, and Gavin too. Good offensive line play can make the skill players look a lot better. To me, anyone who watches can see the problem, don't need an opposing player to tell us why our offense looked bad.

What the hell? Joe absolutely knew!!! He reported it. There's no posturing, guessing or investigation needed. The sad part is Scumbag Joe allowed the child molester to remain on staff and continue his sick rampage after it was disclosed to officials. He protected his buddy Sandusky by not pursuing the matter when it was swept under the rug.
You've proven Shelby65's point. Most random internet posters don't even know the basic facts of the case, but are certain they know what Paterno knew. Sandusky coached his last game in December '99. The shower incident was in 2001. Sandusky was no longer on staff.

I talked to a starter on PSU's defense. His take on RU. The defense is very good. They are talented, play very hard, and STRESSED that they play together and fight for each other. Said the constant three and outs kill the defensive players, particularly linemen. As to the offense. First thing he said, is that they do not play for each other. Everyone wants theirs. Thinks Gavin has talent, but needs more nurturing and development. Finally said, the WRs are very easy to cover, slow, and not quick. They were basically on the side line laughing about the offensive ineptitude.
Captain obvious.....

Reactions: RUbacker
You've proven Shelby65's point. Most random internet posters don't even know the basic facts of the case, but are certain they know what Paterno knew. Sandusky coached his last game in December '99. The shower incident was in 2001. Sandusky was no longer on staff.
Yea they made him coach emeritus (whatever that means). He was still given an office in the training facility, access to Paterno's suite at the stadium (away, home and bowl games), access to travel with team to away games (planes etc..) and hotel accommodations. So I guess he wasn't a coach if that makes you feel better.

How did Joe Paterno sneak into a thread about RU‘s offense and defense in 2022?
Obsessive Penn State haters. To be sure, the Penn State community looked horrible coming out of that and the program got off laughably easy, but it doesn't have to be brought up every time we talk about them.

So we're are taking the word of an 18/19 year old about the talents of Rutgers Football which he saw 3 hours live?
Not saw 3 hours live… played directly against 3 hours live. And yea, as a former football player (Pop Warner through HS) I can promise you that you will have insight on you opponent that a fan no matter how hardcore simply won’t have.

Reactions: RutgersSouthFL
So we're are taking the word of an 18/19 year old about the talents of Rutgers Football which he saw 3 hours live?
You can tell a lot playing against a team. However, in this this situation the play on the field validates his assessment.

take it from who said the message to what you are replying to.
that post might give a hint to where that poster's real loyalties lie.
Not saying a Pervert State troll, but can't rule it out either.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Exactly Correct. Too much omniscience here. What true and what you believe to be true are not always the same thing. This isn't exactly an impartial group, and bias skews beliefs.

Yea they made him coach emeritus (whatever that means). He was still given an office in the training facility, access to Paterno's suite at the stadium (away, home and bowl games), access to travel with team to away games (planes etc..) and hotel accommodations. So I guess he wasn't a coach if that makes you feel better.
He did not travel with the team or have access to team accomodations on road trips or bowl games after retirement. To the best of my knowledge, Paterno never had a suite.

PSU gave him emeritus status. Maybe that's odd, I don't know. He was officially a Phys Ed instructor for 30 years. He had an office, access to the gym and lockers and tickets, not unlike any other coach with similar tenure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

University spokesman Dave La Torre gave further details to the Collegian:
He said the following portions of Sandusky’s retirement package have been revoked: four free football season tickets for the rest of his life and the opportunity to purchase four more within the 35-yard lines; two men’s and women’s basketball season tickets for the rest of his life; lifetime use of a locker, weight rooms, fitness facilities and training room in the East Area locker room; a five-year agreement, subject to renewal, between Sandusky and Penn State to work collaboratively in community outreach programs such as The Second Mile that “provide positive visibility to the University’s Intercollegiate Athletics Program,” as well as a 10-year agreement, subject to renewal, giving him an office and telephone in the East Area locker room.

you're all missing the biggest factors in "getting separation." it's not about speed, cuts, etc. it's not even about the receivers at all. these players are fast enough to get open. how often this year did we see opposing tight ends wide open on deep routes ? why ? pass protection and accurate throws

1. our QB's aren't passing on target or on time. we've had open receivers plenty often but can't pass-protect long enough or throw accurately.
2. QB rollouts take away half the field, bringing all defenders to a smaller,more crowded space.
3. No pass routes in center of field, more space the defense need not cover.

I notice Pervert State trolls starting o show up protecting the pervert protector.
Joe Paterno was informed by a child about sexual misconduct by defensive assistant Jerry Sandusky all the way back in 1976.
E-mails from 1998 show that Paterno was very much aware of the investigation of Sandusky for a child abuse accusation and was following it closely. .
Joe "THE PERVERT PROTECTOR" Paterno know Sandusky was a child molester way before Mike McQueary reported witnessing Sandusky rape a small child in Penn State's Football Program's Lasch building in 2001 and had removed Sandusky from his staff after enough time lapsed so the move wouldn't be looked on as a result of the 1998 investigation of the child abuse accusation against his assistant trhat had a history of abusing children that Penn State and Paterno turned a blind eye to and paid off those who complained before they filed charges

i969​

Jerry Sandusky is hired as a Penn State football assistant coach under Joe Paterno.

1970​

Sandusky becomes a linebacker coach for the football team.

1971​

The earliest alleged abuse is reported, according to Penn State’s legal settlements with Sandusky’s victims.

“Victim A” says in a 2016 interview he was raped in a Penn State bathroom in 1971 by Sandusky and that two people from Penn State — “Jim” and “Joe” — spoke with him on the phone and practically threatened him not to report anything.

1976​

Paterno is alerted to Sandusky’s abuse

1987​

Two more Penn State assistant coaches allegedly witness “inappropriate” or “sexual” contact between Sandusky and children.

1988​

Another sexual assault by Sandusky is witnessed

1998​

It was reported that Sandusky assaulted five more boys on campus between 1998 and 2001.

May 3, 1998​

Sandusky assaults an 11-year-old boy in the Lasch Building showers, according to the Freeh report. Allegedly, Sandusky lifts the boy up in the shower for an embrace and makes him feel uncomfortable.

May 4, 1998​

The boy’s mother notices her son’s hair is wet, and he’s upset. She then calls psychologist Alycia Chambers in State College about the situation.

Chambers tells the mother to report the incident to University Police, and she contacts Ron Schreffler, a University Park detective.

After contacting her colleagues and talking with the boy, Chambers concludes that Sandusky’s behavior resembles a pedophile’s.
Chambers gives her written evaluation of the situation to Schreffler. Lauro interviews the boy’s mother that same day, but Lauro later tells the Special Investigative Counsel that he didn’t have enough evidence and knowledge of the case.
According to a later inveastigation of Sandusky Lauro never saw Chambers’ evaluation.

After that Sandusky knew he would not be the next head coach, so he retired in 1999 and was paid off for a total of $168,000

August 31, 1999​

Sandusky is granted “emeritus” rank, which gives him access to university facilities even after he retired.

So a lot was know about Sandusky by his protector Paterno before

on Feb. 9, 2001​

Around 9-9:30 p.m., Michael McQueary, a graduate assistant with the football program, sa observed an incident of “sexual nature” between a prepubescent boy and Sandusky..

Last edited:
Not a troll. Posting for years. If you are not interested in hearing what a starter on a top 10 team has to say about our team, then you are an ostrich. I thought his insights were very interesting.
Top ten?? They didn’t beat a ranked team all year. They get an A+ for scheduling.

He did not travel with the team or have access to team accomodations on road trips or bowl games after retirement. To the best of my knowledge, Paterno never had a suite.

PSU gave him emeritus status. Maybe that's odd, I don't know. He was officially a Phys Ed instructor for 30 years. He had an office, access to the gym and lockers and tickets, not unlike any other coach with similar tenure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the details about his access that came out in the case are wrong. The traveling with underage boys on the team plane and staying in the team hotel and watching games in Paternos box are made up. Gotcha.

Next time if you want to be taken seriously don’t quote a University spokesmen and the university newspaper as a valid source. I would rather use court testimony.

Can I ask one question why do so many PSU people come to this board? I have never felt the urge to go to another site and post. It’s very bizarre.

BS
Victim 4 became a fixture in the Sandusky household, sleeping overnight and
accompanying Sandusky to charity functions and Penn State football games. Victim 4 was listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl and the 1999 Alamo Bowl. He traveled to and from both bowl games with the football team and other Pemr State staff, coaches and their families, sharing the same accommodations.
Victim 4 would frequently stay ovemight at Toftrees with Sandusky and the football team prior to home games; Sandusky's wife was never present at Toftrees when Victim 4 stayed with Sandusky.

A 12 year old watching the game could have written this.

Your timeline is wrong. He did not travel with the team after retirment and Joe Paterno did not have a box. If you're getting that info somewhere, yes it is wrong.

I have a connection to Rutgers that I do not wish to divulge.
It’s not my timeline. I don’t even know what that is supposed to mean. I am working off the timeline and direct testimony from the case. I’m done with this. Are you really defending a child rapist?

Reactions: TRU2RU
You decided not to discuss the court documented time line @MADHAT1 posted above. Joe was a child rape enabler....ALL the way back to 1976.
When one wears Rapey Valley, blue colored glasses, one cant decipher between right and wrong. There were so many disturbing facts in this case and on top of it the abuse was allowed to continue, but people still idolize Paterno. It's a damn shame.

My source has played for three years. He has played Rutgers three times. So not a single observation. He thinks the offense is not in it for each other because of body language, things he heard, and poor effort. I forgot to say that he said the oline is weak and has poor technique.

My source has played for three years. He has played Rutgers three times. So not a single observation. He thinks the offense is not in it for each other because of body language, things he heard, and poor effort. I forgot to say that he said the oline is weak and has poor technique.
glad. you got that out of your system.
Hate to see you leave any little thing you feel ( or someone who told you)_is wrong about Rutgers out of any post you present when it comes to the RU football team.

We were incredibly easy to defend this year. Offensive scheme was trash. Elementary level offense

Obsessive Penn State haters. To be sure, the Penn State community looked horrible coming out of that and the program got off laughably easy, but it doesn't have to be brought up every time we talk about them.
Yes...it does. It was THAT awful. The stain won't go away that easy.

But you're throwing it in the face of players who were in grade school at the time.
I'm throwing it in no one's face. I'm just not sweeping it under the rug.
BTW, my wife's family is from central Pennsylvania, most were Pedd State football fans, and several of them are actually graduates. Almost all of them no longer have any interest in Pedd State football....because of that scandal.

We keep saying the OC sucks.
Our peers are quite upfront about the fact our receivers pose no problems or issues for their defense.
Replacing the OC does not remedy the issue
Not instantly. Hopefully a quality OC will attract better talent over time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT