ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Walsh , 165 Indiana via Camden C w 18 pins !

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
Geez, 18 pins this season alone !! Wow ! Ranked around 7 at 165, I guess we will see him at the Big 10 tourny. Now getting him would have been Big ! Anyone remember the circumstances around his recruitment? I do not. Joe Dubuque from tiny Glen Ridge HS was a 4x AA I think at Indiana.

walsh is awesome! i'm not sure how hard we recruited him, since we had limited scholly at that time - 2009. our own vinnie dellafave beat him in the states, and vinnie came to rutgers. we also had mario mason at his weight class, so with the limited scholly, our hands were tied.

Dubuque was a 2x champ and 3x AA. He didn't make the podium as a frosh.

being a Region 4 fan I got to see Dubuque his last 2 years in HS. He used to bounce around the mat like a pogo between restarts from neutral. Still makes me chuckle to this day.

I agree !! Dubuque was one of my favorite wrestlers to watch (style, intensity, personality). Some other favorites from years past: Mike Frick from Pope John who's style was somewhat similiar to Dubuques. Pete Porretta & Rick Thompson from P'burg, Mike Grey Delbarton, Damion Hahn was just crazy overwhelming, &Darion Caldwell from Rahway . There were so many others who were probably better wrestlers overall and had better college careers but these guys styles were so much fun to watch. PS- The only time I saw many of the S NJ wrestlers were at States , so my point of reference very limited. And even odder- I grew up in Hackettstown and went to HS there and lived there until about the age of 40, yest Never saw 1 Blair match (that I can remember).

I'm forgetting his name, but the kid who was the 189 pounder who had the dyed blonde hair, went on to TRY and play football at NC State? I liked his style. Super smooth and athletic for that weight. This is like circa 2003-4 ish? Totally blanking on his name though.

Originally posted by ruhudsonfan:
I'm forgetting his name, but the kid who was the 189 pounder who had the dyed blonde hair, went on to TRY and play football at NC State? I liked his style. Super smooth and athletic for that weight. This is like circa 2003-4 ish? Totally blanking on his name though.
Ryan Goodman.

Ryan Goodman from Absegami. He was ranked #1 in nation at 189lbs for the SJ school. Accepted a football scholarship to NC State. Did return to the mat while at NC State. He was a Great one!

That's him. Didn't have the power or physical dominance of Hahn, but i was always impressed by how smooth he was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT