ADVERTISEMENT

Teams we are going to HAMMER

5 guaranteed wins?
Seems like someone has pretty high expectations.

What if we don’t hammer these teams?

I think Al will be right on this one

Team is going to be a lot better than people think (and remember we sacrificed 2nd half of last year to give Wimsatt playing time)

- Northwestern is dumpster fire right now
- VTech was 3-8 last year
- Indiana was 4-8
- Wagner we beat by 50 last time
- Temple’s tougher because they have good QB, but should beat them

As for rest of schedule, 1 of Michigan State (5-7), Iowa (8-5) and/or Maryland (8-5) all beatable

LOL! Someone needs his daily dose of attention.

OIcXEQ5.jpg

Al is slipping.

He used to have us winning the NC every year. Now we are down to beating NW and Wagner.
But we'll be hammering them. Depends on whether hammering is defined as beating by 30 points or 3, though. Or merely leading at half time.

Reactions: Caliknight
The usual suspects, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin.
darn, no upsets
you're not as optimistic as I am before the season starts.
Time for realism is after a few games are played and seeing what the team looks like.

darn, no upsets
you're not as optimistic as I am before the season starts.
Time for realism is after a few games are played and seeing what the team looks like.
I don’t expect those teams to hammer us, but they do have the potential to do so. Our recent results vs them have not been good. But I’m optimistic that our improvement will alllow us to play competitively with them.

Any truth to the rumor that NW, VT, Indiana, Temple, and Wagner have all placed Rutgers on upset alert?

I think Al will be right on this one

Team is going to be a lot better than people think (and remember we sacrificed 2nd half of last year to give Wimsatt playing time)

- Northwestern is dumpster fire right now
- VTech was 3-8 last year
- Indiana was 4-8
- Wagner we beat by 50 last time
- Temple’s tougher because they have good QB, but should beat them

As for rest of schedule, 1 of Michigan State (5-7), Iowa (8-5) and/or Maryland (8-5) all beatable
We sacrificed 2nd half of last year to give Wimsatt playing time? What does that even mean

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Wimsatt wasn’t quite ready to play last year, but he benefited from the experience.
Right but Noah was injured and couldn’t play and Simon also stunk, so I’m still not sure how that means the team sacrificed the 2nd half

Right but Noah was injured and couldn’t play and Simon also stunk, so I’m still not sure how that means the team sacrificed the 2nd half

Good call. Noah had a broken thumb I believe, and even when he got back he just didn't have the hand strength to throw the ball.

Reactions: joshharris87
  • Northwestern
  • Temple
  • Virginia Tech
  • Wagner
  • Indiana
Agreed! Five of the weakest opponents we have ever faced going back to the BE. In year four of a rebuild in the transfer portal era, lose to any of these teams and the HC should be on the hot seat, no excuses. Glad Al is finally getting off the Schiano bandwagon and understanding that the time for giving this coach a free pass is over, and failure to deliver a winner should come with serious consequences.

Al is slipping.

He used to have us winning the NC every year. Now we are down to beating NW and Wagner.
I mean, he said “hammer”. Most would define that to mean winning every one of those games by +8 minimum (multiple score margin). The Vegas parlay on that wouldn’t be zero, but it would be pretty close. So I’m not sure how statistically significant the difference really is. We’re a 7 point favorite against NW but I doubt we will be favored by that much in any other game except Wagner.

I would like to thump NW to start, because of a few articles their side put out
Beyond that, who knows?

Agreed! Five of the weakest opponents we have ever faced going back to the BE. In year four of a rebuild in the transfer portal era, lose to any of these teams and the HC should be on the hot seat, no excuses. Glad Al is finally getting off the Schiano bandwagon and understanding that the time for giving this coach a free pass is over, and failure to deliver a winner should come with serious consequences.
All possible wins. All but one (Wagner) possible losses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT