ADVERTISEMENT

We beat 2 interim coaches and 1 coach that got canned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call it what you wish, but you seem to be bound and determined to paint Rutgers' 2023 season as negative as you can.
Why ?

I can be as negative as the next guy when it comes to RU sports, but painting the past season with a negative brush is too much. The season was an overall positive. What were people expecting, a 9-3 record??? C’mon now.

Reactions: Kbee3 and csphi
I get it, but the benchmark this year was bowl or bust

I don't like how we finished the year, and certainly don't like the way GS coaches & limits the offense, but he got us to 6 wins regardless

Next up is beating UM in the bowl game, continuing recruiting at a high level, using the portal, building the fieldhouse and raising funds for NIL

As much as the man frustrates me at times, Greg got us to a bowl game and has the program seemingly on the rise

Fact Rutgers is going bowling .
A sad fact is: some(so:called) RU fans are trying to make it look like Rutgers doesn't deserve to be in a bowl game.
Rutgers 6 loses were to teams going bowling ( 3 loses were to top 10 programs).
Yet the bashers try to act like all tge teams Rutgers played in 2023 were cupcakes and a COY whose team lost to Rutgers shouldn't be considered a good coach.
Another team that Rutgers beat (VT) was made to look like a cupcake, even though it is bowl bound.
It's a shame some try to make names for themselves on TKR by putting RU down.
Between them and the trolls that infest this board, everything Greg Schiano accomplishes is not good enough and it seems like losing is what they want more than wins so they can go on knocking Rutgers football and implying Rutgers will always be a loser and refusing to acknowledge any improvement the RU FB program shows.

Rutgers is going bowling and it's the second bowl apperence in the for years of the G2 era.
The RU fan trolls can act like borh bowls are undersebed, but just beng invited makes the ru fantrolls wrong about both the Gator 2 years ago and this upcoming Pinstrip apperance being underseved.
Rutgers earned the Gator because of academics, but they way the team omproved enough to have a W-L record to qualify under the rules that year makes the RU FB program worthy of going bowling.
Just like Rutgers earned the pinstripe this year because of it's W-L record

>Rutgers had the second-toughest strength of schedule (SOS) in the nation this season. And among the top four teams in the nation in terms of SOS, Rutgers was the only one to not have a losing record and to make a bowl game.<

So the haters are wrong when implying Rutgers didn't earn it.
Just like they wll be wrong to imply next year's team will be a loser.
RU in 2024 will go bowling again and disapoint the rutrolls along with trolls from other Rival boards.
With the resident TKR trolls, this board doesn't need trolls from other boards comming to TKR to put RU down, this board has home grown " talent" that put Rutgers down evey chance they get.

Revisionist Theory… like decolonization… or Jesus ‘s birthplace made him a Palestinian . People are heading down the wrong road thinking they’ll be safe in a NWO.Good luck folks you’ll need it.

Reactions: bac2therac
Kind of lame facts. We could denigrate a lot of team's losses that way. Most everybody plays 1 or 2 cupcakes.
We could argue we put the nail in Allen's coffin. He is a perfect example why you don't extend based on one year of success because "everybody else is doing it."
We beat 2 teams who made bowls. Plum is a troll and j .off. why post that bullshyt unless you are an ass.

Reactions: thegock and csphi
We were lucky to play Northwestern early in the season. Probably wouldn't be bowl eligible if we played them latter.
Then again- maybe if we played PSU/OSU or Iowa earlier- we could have finished strong ourselves...We still would have lost those games but would not have all been bunched at the end.

Then again- maybe if we played PSU/OSU or Iowa earlier- we could have finished strong ourselves...We still would have lost those games but would not have all been bunched at the end.

And Maryland after murderers row.

Kind of lame facts. We could denigrate a lot of team's losses that way. Most everybody plays 1 or 2 cupcakes.
We could argue we put the nail in Allen's coffin. He is a perfect example why you don't extend based on one year of success because "everybody else is doing it."
Did we just extend a coach who hasn’t put up a winning record. He could after the next game but when we extended he hadnt

Call it what you wish, but you seem to be bound and determined to paint Rutgers' 2023 season as negative as you can.
Why ?
We beat 2 teams who made bowls. Plum is a troll and j .off. why post that bullshyt unless you are an ass.

If he wasn't an ass he wouldn't post that bs on Christmas day.
Because they are miserable with their own lives

Wow, what interesting posts on Christmas Day that you all dug up . Who is the loser ?
You guys must not have lives to do this on a national holiday !!
Losers!

Wow, what interesting posts on Christmas Day that you all dug up . Who is the loser ?
Losers!
That, I might say , is what Christmas is all about.
After being called an ass, don't turn the other cheek 😇

Don't post facts. Plum and 95 will call you names.
no one needs to call you a name after resurrecting a thread a month later after it was dead in addition to bringing someone in..cough cough...that wasn't even in it. You made yourself look foolish all by yourself. What is worse is you did it on Christmas looking even more the loser and fool

then a bunch of other fools jumped in not realizing what you did to them

great job sport, carry on

Losers!
I used to think the lack of critical thinking was the biggest issue facing the board but it's clear it's emotional maturity

Losers!
Not really much digging involved.
Actually I'm just puzzled by the negativity of Rutgers fans about where the program currently sits.

Not really much digging involved.
Actually I'm just puzzled by the negativity of Rutgers fans about where the program currently sits.
This is what gets me as well. We did better than anyone expected. And let’s be honest- to even bring up these 3 wins regardless of when and who did.
NWU/MSU/Ind- all sucked in 2022 with their previous coaches too…
And yet- our O/U was around 4 wins and so many fans still thought the under. Same goes for VaTech as well.
So- this fired/getting fired/etc- are non factors

Reactions: Kbee3 and csphi
I
This is what gets me as well. We did better than anyone expected. And let’s be honest- to even bring up these 3 wins regardless of when and who did.
NWU/MSU/Ind- all sucked in 2022 with their previous coaches too…
And yet- our O/U was around 4 wins and so many fans still thought the under. Same goes for VaTech as well.
So- this fired/getting fired/etc- are non factors
As someone just posted above… it’s Rutgers so no matter how we do we gotta tell the world we suck….gotta love misery.

no one needs to call you a name after resurrecting a thread a month later after it was dead in addition to bringing someone in..cough cough...that wasn't even in it. You made yourself look foolish all by yourself. What is worse is you did it on Christmas looking even more the loser and fool

then a bunch of other fools jumped in not realizing what you did to them

great job sport, carry on
I thought this board was about a person opinion. You don’t have to agree with a person’s opinion, just dont understand the name calling

Reactions: Knight Shift
I thought this board was about a person opinion. You don’t have to agree with a person’s opinion, just dont understand the name calling
And we can simply respond by saying "I disagree with your opinion" instead of "You are wrong, and I am right." There are some instances where fact make one person's opinion more wrong than another's but more often than not, these are disagreements on one person's view of a situation. Newsflash--people have different opinions! And some people are generally more positive, while others are generally more negative in their views.

Wait … your gripe is with name calling? Do you think what is on the news outlets daily is ok?…your good with the street urchins who infest the cities ? Names don ‘t physically harm … mentally perhaps… the point being I’d prefer the name calling to the physical confrontations and attacks. That old adage “ sticks and stones “ is still true years after I was a child.There is much worse going on in tv , movies. schools - colleges. high schools, grammar schools , offices. This anti name calling stance is great but it needs to be started early on in life.

Wait … your gripe is with name calling? Do you think what is on the news outlets daily is ok?…your good with the street urchins who infest the cities ? Names don ‘t physically harm … mentally perhaps… the point being I’d prefer the name calling to the physical confrontations and attacks. That old adage “ sticks and stones “ is still true years after I was a child.There is much worse going on in tv , movies. schools - colleges. high schools, grammar schools , offices. This anti name calling stance is great but it needs to be started early on in life.
I don’t disagree, don’t agree with the name calling (sports, politics, work). It has to start somewhere, so let us set the example😀

We were lucky to play Northwestern early in the season. Probably wouldn't be bowl eligible if we played them latter.
This ^^^^ Also, if we played VTech towards the end of the season might have lost that one as well. Schiano still gets credit for 6 wins, he didn't pick when to play those teams and he and the team did deliver us our Super Bowl, the fan favorite Pinstripe Bowl.

This ^^^^ Also, if we played VTech towards the end of the season might have lost that one as well. Schiano still gets credit for 6 wins, he didn't pick when to play those teams and he and the team did deliver us our Super Bowl, the fan favorite Pinstripe Bowl.

So he shouldn't get credit for 6 wins? And of course Rutgers didn't improve one iota during the season.

Dear Lord….
I'll add to your Dear Lord , wish RU played Ohio State the first game instead of Northwestern
played Wisconsin instead of Temple the 2nd game
leave Michigan as the 3rd game
Penn State instead of VT the 3rd game
leave Michigan as the 4th game
Iowa the 5th game , see Wagner later in year.
then after the Iowa game bring the ones bumped
After Rutgers beat them ,MSU & Indiana
they wouldn't have been down because of losses to the top B1G program
and ready to beat the Turtles and not taking a loss because of the hard games RU played leading up to the Maryland game.

If the nay-sayers can try to degrade the RU wins I can point out a better season could have happened by playing the best first and beating the others later making for a team better equipped to go 7-5.
Rutgers won the games it was supposed to and the teams that lost early just could have been losers if they played Rutgers later in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT