ADVERTISEMENT

We beat 2 interim coaches and 1 coach that got canned

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ^^^^ Also, if we played VTech towards the end of the season might have lost that one as well. Schiano still gets credit for 6 wins, he didn't pick when to play those teams and he and the team did deliver us our Super Bowl, the fan favorite Pinstripe Bowl.
You sir- are just another DuBag- and sadly, it seems, for life

So he shouldn't get credit for 6 wins? And of course Rutgers didn't improve one iota during the season.
I said he should get credit for 6 wins as he had no control over when he played those teams. However, there is no question that those two teams were playing at a totally different level towards the end of the season than when we played them, that is just a fact. We are riding a 4 game losing streak with a dysfunctional QB, that is also just a fact.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Wait … your gripe is with name calling? Do you think what is on the news outlets daily is ok?…your good with the street urchins who infest the cities ? Names don ‘t physically harm … mentally perhaps… the point being I’d prefer the name calling to the physical confrontations and attacks. That old adage “ sticks and stones “ is still true years after I was a child.There is much worse going on in tv , movies. schools - colleges. high schools, grammar schools , offices. This anti name calling stance is great but it needs to be started early on in life.
Here we go…crazy town time. 😂

Reactions: Knight Shift
I'll add to your Dear Lord , wish RU played Ohio State the first game instead of Northwestern
played Wisconsin instead of Temple the 2nd game
leave Michigan as the 3rd game
Penn State instead of VT the 3rd game
leave Michigan as the 4th game
Iowa the 5th game , see Wagner later in year.
then after the Iowa game bring the ones bumped
After Rutgers beat them ,MSU & Indiana
they wouldn't have been down because of losses to the top B1G program
and ready to beat the Turtles and not taking a loss because of the hard games RU played leading up to the Maryland game.

If the nay-sayers can try to degrade the RU wins I can point out a better season could have happened by playing the best first and beating the others later making for a team better equipped to go 7-5.
Rutgers won the games it was supposed to and the teams that lost early just could have been losers if they played Rutgers later in the season.
WELL DONE, SIR, WELL DONE!!@

These discussions are ridiculous. You can go over an entire season and sift through the what ifs. I think Madhat did a great job of illustrating this. I remember before the season started we all talked about the path to progress and a bowl. This team checked all of those boxes.

I think the problem is that we clinched a bowl early and ended the season on a losing streak. If we get one more win I think we have much less of the negativity. And we could have won the OSU game - a big missed opportunity. The perspective on the season is skewed in some quarters.

You sir- are just another DuBag- and sadly, it seems, for life
what I think about when the 6-6 record is knocked by a nay-sayer is how Rutgers beat the programs thay should beat and the ones that game might be a tossup and that is overlooked because Rutgers 6 losses were to 3 top 10 programs, 1 top 20 team and
one B1G program not in the top 25 but considered a real good program.
Rutgers last game was a loss to a pretty good, maybe even considered a good one,
after playing 2 top 10 teams and a program ranked #17.
I feel if Rutgers had Northwestern in stead of Penn State the game before and PSU the first Rutgers would have righted the ship after losing to Iowa going into the Maryland gave after a win and possibly beating the Turtles because of the home cooking the Scarlet Knights would be having.

Don't think of the nay-sayers as duBags, just feel they might suffer from mental deficiency anemia that blinds them to seeing everything as it is and lack the capacity to understand what they see.
Just correct them so they don't misinform the uninformed and know the nay-sayers might not understand, but those with the ability to learn will get your message and understand Rutgers did pretty well this season with a better future on the horizen

Reactions: Knight Shift
what I think about when the 6-6 record is knocked by a nay-sayer is how Rutgers beat the programs thay should beat and the ones that game might be a tossup and that is overlooked because Rutgers 6 losses were to 3 top 10 programs, 1 top 20 team and
one B1G program not in the top 25 but considered a real good program.
Rutgers last game was a loss to a pretty good, maybe even considered a good one,
after playing 2 top 10 teams and a program ranked #17.
I feel if Rutgers had Northwestern in stead of Penn State the game before and PSU the first Rutgers would have righted the ship after losing to Iowa going into the Maryland gave after a win and possibly beating the Turtles because of the home cooking the Scarlet Knights would be having.

Don't think of the nay-sayers as duBags, just feel they might suffer from mental deficiency anemia that blinds them to seeing everything as it is and lack the capacity to understand what they see.
Just correct them so they don't misinform the uninformed and know the nay-sayers might not understand, but those with the ability to learn will get your message and understand Rutgers did pretty well this season with a better future on the horizen
I actually think some are really D-bags...they may be ummm fans- but they just have issues.
And you are correct- let's put it this way to these guys- we beat everyone we were expected to beat- prior years- we were not even expected to beat anyone- they need to just let that sink in for progress.

This ^^^^ Also, if we played VTech towards the end of the season might have lost that one as well. Schiano still gets credit for 6 wins, he didn't pick when to play those teams and he and the team did deliver us our Super Bowl, the fan favorite Pinstripe Bowl.
Yup, 6 wins and bowl eligible. Very happy to be playing in the pinstripe against The U. Would love to play NW and VTech instead of OSU, PSU or Iowa at the end of the season.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I said he should get credit for 6 wins as he had no control over when he played those teams. However, there is no question that those two teams were playing at a totally different level towards the end of the season than when we played them, that is just a fact. We are riding a 4 game losing streak with a dysfunctional QB, that is also just a fact.
Give it a rest. Rutgers is in a bowl game. Not many would have ever guessed they would be playing in late December. Enjoy they day.

Well as we are having "what ifs" what if the Wisconsin and Iowa games been reversed in the schedule? Wisconsin lost their starting.QB for the season shortly after they played. Iowa lost their stating QB very early but had 6 extra weeks to get their backup acclimated to B1G football. Easily 7-5 maybe even 8-4

Well as we are having "what ifs" what if the Wisconsin and Iowa games been reversed in the schedule? Wisconsin lost their starting.QB for the season shortly after they played. Iowa lost their stating QB very early but had 6 extra weeks to get their backup acclimated to B1G football. Easily 7-5 maybe even 8-4
Exactly. No reason to get into the what ifs .
Just stick to the facts and analysis in the OP

Reactions: SpankyLicksNUTS
I don’t disagree, don’t agree with the name calling (sports, politics, work). It has to start somewhere, so let us set the example😀
If I feel that a word such as moron or idiot is warranted then let us ( ( to set an example) remind others there are many other words with hidden meanings but mean perhaps worse… like I have seen worse by many many on here and strangely. It’ s ok.

Here we go…crazy town time. 😂
Sometimes it’s funny how some find name calling the ultimate worst thing in todays world but the hate , discord, attacks on innocent people and nut jobs allowed to roam free amongst us is ok because someone on top thinks we should go that way .

Then why did you do the "what if" with Northwestern on the OP?
There was no what if. Acknowledged that Braun and northwestern got it together.
No need to speculate what happens if we played them a later . We played the schedule we were given and got the job done of getting to bowl

Last edited:
Reactions: mdk01
No need to speculate what happens if we played them a later . We played the schedule we were given and got the job done of getting to bowl
Let’s also acknowledge that they kept the entire team together, including the entire coaching staff. RU actually had to play without 2 top WRs. It’s funny now some think our schedule helped us. I guess we could’ve played a harder schedule 🙄

Let’s also acknowledge that they kept the entire team together, including the entire coaching staff. RU actually had to play without 2 top WRs. It’s funny now some think our schedule helped us. I guess we could’ve played a harder schedule 🙄
Everything broke our way in 2023, I don't know why some on this site just can't admit that, some years we don't get any breaks and we deserve better and some years things just break right, timing is everything. We wouldn't be packing up to go sit in this baseball stadium for 4 hours this afternoon if Michigan State hadn't imploded on special teams in the 4th quarter. There wasn't one person left in that stadium that thought we were going to win that game when the score was 24-6. So again, this year we got the breaks, next year, it is going to be a lot tougher to get to 6 games than people on this site realize.

Reactions: RutgersKen

I hope my comment didn't cause a sleepless night. 😄

Everything broke our way in 2023, I don't know why some on this site just can't admit that, some years we don't get any breaks and we deserve better and some years things just break right, timing is everything. We wouldn't be packing up to go sit in this baseball stadium for 4 hours this afternoon if Michigan State hadn't imploded on special teams in the 4th quarter. There wasn't one person left in that stadium that thought we were going to win that game when the score was 24-6. So again, this year we got the breaks, next year, it is going to be a lot tougher to get to 6 games than people on this site realize.

I believe that things breaks both positive as well as negative during any season. The difference is that some people are wired to choose to look at it only from either positive or negative lenses.

Yeah- we had a top 5 most difficult schedule in America and we broke even. And no one- and I mean, no one- thought we were going to make a bowl this year.
Some had us 6/7 wins as “best case” and as bad as 2 wins “worst case” and ends up - we even beat 8 & 7 win P5 teams while we were at it.

NWU- gets a ton of credit for holding it together this year- great job by them but great job by Rutgers as well

Everything broke our way. LOL yup, we got so lucky by playing the cross over games with Iowa, Wisc and NW. so lucky. It’s tough next year unless we win then it’ll be another lucky year for us.

Reactions: GuildenGuy
Everything broke our way. LOL yup, we got so lucky by playing the cross over games with Iowa, Wisc and NW. so lucky. It’s tough next year unless we win then it’ll be another lucky year for us.
Iowa and Wisconsin were winnable games according to many on this site. In fact, in the prediction threads I would say that most posters had us winning both games. It was only after we lost that those teams magically became unbeatable by some.

Reactions: RutgersKen
I remember when in one season, Norte Dame won about 3 games in the last minute due to the QB throwing a TD and some instances where the ref called pass interference. I think ND fans didn’t rethink their season and say we were a terrible team and should have had 3 more losses.

You are starting to sound like a Syracuse fan who claim they won the game against us because they gain more yardage instead of the actual score. Turnovers happen and other things happen. Only a crazy person goes back and looks for the negatives. Are you crazy? The defense had nothing to do with Michigan State turnovers?

Iowa and Wisconsin were winnable games according to many on this site. In fact, in the prediction threads I would say that most posters had us winning both games. It was only after we lost that those teams magically became unbeatable by some.
Yup, we could’ve won those games. We were not favored to win those games. We played the top 3 teams in the west. Talk about a lucky break for us.

RutgerKen wants Rutgers fans to fight among themselves. A new enemy. I don't know who’s a Rutgers fan anymore.

Yes as the schedule shows we were lucky playing Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State , Wisconsin , Iowa , Maryland , Northwestern, All bowl teams… Can we add V Tech another bowl team. Now the next goal is to beat teams like Washington , Oregon, USC and UCLA… along with those Blue Bloods … a challenge for certain. But we wouldn’t want it any other way.

Yeah- we had a top 5 most difficult schedule in America and we broke even. And no one- and I mean, no one- thought we were going to make a bowl this year.
Some had us 6/7 wins as “best case” and as bad as 2 wins “worst case” and ends up - we even beat 8 & 7 win P5 teams while we were at it.

NWU- gets a ton of credit for holding it together this year- great job by them but great job by Rutgers as well

Don't you realize, we were LUCKY to play a Top 5 schedule with the Top 2 teams in the B1G West. IIRC I think my best case was 7 and worst case 4.

Reactions: yesrutgers01

So you're using the opinions and prediction threads from this site as "facts" vs. The actual strength of schedule? LOL.

They both should have been considered winnable - And that damn Wisc game still pisses me off. I put that game o Kirk - for us getting inside the 10 and he wants to pass the ball- we should have gone into half 10-7 or 10-3.
And then would have either been a 1 point loss or it would have been a win. Wisc didn't magically become unbeatable- heck- they soon lost their starting QB and were very beatable the rest of the season. - cool story though

Iowa- they just beat us- we were coming off an amazing effort against OSU - Iowa was just winning very ugly.
They also got away with a lot of shit in that game and their fans were amazing- that crowd won the game for them that day and some damn good coaching.

Reactions: MADHAT1
well if you go by what's predicted, but you'd find some claiming a losing , no bowl, season
when some of the nay-sayers had their say pre-season
Actually some are even complaining about the wins because the seem to be disappointed
about being wrong about how Rutgers having a bad season.
They just don't like to see the team lo be successful, because they hope for failure and try to make RU llok like it didn't earn the right to go bowling.

I say many of the nay-sayers earned the right to be considered trolls and their Rutgers fanhood questioned.

Reactions: Plum Street
They both should have been considered winnable - And that damn Wisc game still pisses me off. I put that game o Kirk - for us getting inside the 10 and he wants to pass the ball- we should have gone into half 10-7 or 10-3.
And then would have either been a 1 point loss or it would have been a win. Wisc didn't magically become unbeatable- heck- they soon lost their starting QB and were very beatable the rest of the season. - cool story though

Iowa- they just beat us- we were coming off an amazing effort against OSU - Iowa was just winning very ugly.
They also got away with a lot of shit in that game and their fans were amazing- that crowd won the game for them that day and some damn good coaching.
Actually feeling both games were winnable shows how Rutgers had improved enough
to have it's fans feel RU had a good shot at winning those games and being pissed over losing them.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I came into this season feeling like we were going no where again and was not happy with 2.0 outside of just righting the sinking ship- I was ready to move on and hope we replaced him or I would fall back into the "I don't really care" mode.
I was so pleasantly surprised and found myself looking forward to each gameday with such renewed enjoyment.

We gave Mich one of their toughest game- same with OSU...We won games that we never would have been expected to win before. It was really so refreshing and I cant wait for the next season.

How others cant find enjoyment from this season just baffles me to no end.

Reactions: csphi
. . . .

You are starting to sound like a Syracuse fan who claim they won the game against us because they gain more yardage instead of the actual score. Turnovers happen and other things happen. Only a crazy person goes back and looks for the negatives. Are you crazy? The defense had nothing to do with Michigan State turnovers?
No it didn't, did you actually watch the game? In one case the punter dropped a good snap and in the other case the kick returner had a brain fart and didn't cover a live ball on the kickoff. Greg's comment after the game said it all "games take a life of their own" and that one certainly did. Hey, nothing wrong with getting a few breaks, but at the same time let's not kid ourselves about this team, we need to see a lot of improvement in offensive production if we are going to win 6 games next year and get to another bowl.

No it didn't, did you actually watch the game? In one case the punter dropped a good snap and in the other case the kick returner had a brain fart and didn't cover a live ball on the kickoff. Greg's comment after the game said it all "games take a life of their own" and that one certainly did. Hey, nothing wrong with getting a few breaks, but at the same time let's not kid ourselves about this team, we need to see a lot of improvement in offensive production if we are going to win 6 games next year and get to another bowl.
We all want to see a better offense next year but if we just won 6 games against the hardest schedule we will ever face- why can't we win 6 next year? GW may not be the answer but it isn't like he is going to be worse and we kept most of our D intact- KM is back- the OL is back and we are getting some help at WR/TE

Reactions: LETSGORU91

Besides which, I can’t believe this is still being brought up as if the turnovers occurred right as Michigan State was gearing up to take a knee and run out the clock. NO. There was a whole quarter left in a game where we had gifted Michigan State points in the first half. They returned the favor and then we woke up and continued on to beat them soundly the rest of the way. We drove the length on our last possession to put the game out of reach. If we wanted to score again we probably could have. Acting like we only won because we got lucky and/or Michigan State handed us the win is just silly.

Reactions: Kbee3
I said in the past it’s going to be hard to win 6 games next year. I don’t try to degrade each of the victories we had this year with “what if“. We beat NW and Virginia Tech, not oh, if we played them later in the year, we would have lost. Thats crazy, looking at everything in a negative way.

This is the only fan base that tries to degrade the team. I go to over to other boards and there‘s nothing like it out there. However , the moderators at the other boards have driven away or banned any negative poster unlike this board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT