ADVERTISEMENT

The B1G With Yet Another Solid W...

DirtyRU

All American
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2002
... with Ohio State taking down #17 'Bama last night. After a slow OOC start the B1G is starting to accumulate some good Ws. And once again OSU looks to have a pretty solid squad. Also Zed Key is still the center?! Feels like he has been there forever. And he looks even thinner this year. Bigtime shape change for him. With his weight loss, his face now reminds me a lot of NJ/Duke's Jay Williams.

OSU also has Minny transfer Jamison Battle. Had no idea he ended up there.

Reactions: Scangg
They look to be in the upper group of the B1G this year. Will be tough to beat. Their point guard looks much improved.

Reactions: DirtyRU
They have one of the best guard tandems in the B1G with Bruce Thornton at PG and Roddy Gayle at SG, and Battle is a perfect fit for them at SF.

Yeah, Key lost about 20-25 pounds and looks really lean. You wouldn’t even recognize him because he looks so different. They start Okpara at C and bring Key off the bench. But they split minutes pretty evenly.

OSU was scoring at will against Alabama and put up 86 against Santa Clara. They can really score the ball.

Reactions: DirtyRU
The league is always good, it just lacks elite guards, which is what dominates March Madness. Which is why landing Dylan Harper and recruiting the 2025 guards is key to what's going to take RU up into the top 1/3rd of this league.

Ohio State usually is pretty talented, last year's run in the B1G tournament, was a telling sign they'd be very solid this year. Making the semifinals as a 12 seed, isn't easy.

Reactions: RU-ROCS and DirtyRU
Basketball is the same game in November as it is in March.

The Big Ten is shaping up to be the #2 or #3 conference again with the Big 12 as the clear #1.
The Big East has the reigning National Champ and 3 teams ranked in the top 10 currently, although Creighton will slide down after losing to unranked CSU. So, the Big East looks like one of the top dogs too at least as of now. Marquette and UConn are very good (and yes, I know Perdue beat Marquette, but Marquette beat No. 1 KS). Providence and Nova should be pretty good too. Providence crushed Wisconsin. Nova beat UNC.

The Big East has the reigning National Champ and 3 teams ranked in the top 10 currently, although Creighton will slide down after losing to unranked CSU. So, the Big East looks like one of the top dogs too at least as of now. Marquette and UConn are very good (and yes, I know Perdue beat Marquette, but Marquette beat No. 1 KS). Providence and Nova should be pretty good too. Providence crushed Wisconsin. Nova beat UNC.
I agree.

I think the B12 is a clear #1.

BE, B1G, and SEC are the solid next group (not necessarily in that order)

ACC and P12 another level down.

Reactions: Scangg and RU-ROCS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT