ADVERTISEMENT

The curse/jinx of 1991

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
Thinking back to our last appearance in the NCAA Tournament. We played in Atlanta and I drove down with a few other people. On the way back, we stopped at some road side dive in rural South Carolina and I got food poisoning . Never was so sick in my life. I wonder if that started the curse.

Thinking back to our last appearance in the NCAA Tournament. We played in Atlanta and I drove down with a few other people. On the way back, we stopped at some road side dive in rural South Carolina and I got food poisoning . Never was so sick in my life. I wonder if that started the curse.
Maybe, just maybe. Was the road side dive a Subway by chance?

At least u went!
I was talking about road trip with some friends and we thought "We'll just go next year"

Was there. Had a chance to tie it. With ball under their basket and maybe 5 seconds left. Couldn't even get a shot off.

Wouldn't have matter as we had #1 overall seed Arkansas and "40 minutes off hell" on deck if we won. But it would have been nice to notch a win.

Was there. Had a chance to tie it. With ball under their basket and maybe 5 seconds left. Couldn't even get a shot off.

Wouldn't have matter as we had #1 overall seed Arkansas and "40 minutes off hell" on deck if we won. But it would have been nice to notch a win.

You literally have no idea what you’re talking about. First of all, the reason for no shot was Craig carter threw the ball away ala Georgetown Freddie brown style . And The committee never named an “overall number one seed” back then and even if they did it sure as hell wouldn’t have been Arkansas.

True, UNLV was undefeated and #1 in the polls. Arkansas was #2.

I wonder if the game would have had a different outcome with replay available to the officials. I remember a bad call down the stretch that would have given RU an extra possession. I remember one of the players, Mark something, jumping off the bench and desperately pleading with the officials that the ball had gone off of an ASU player’s fingertip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT