ADVERTISEMENT

THE DEFENSE WAS GARBAGE ALL NIGHT

not sure what cam was doing on the last possession . he ran to double and try to get a steal and left his man wide open and then had to recover by flying out at him. If they get a 2 so be it but you can’t give up a 3. there was also a guy wide open one pass away on the weak side too that was wide open for 3. not sure why we weren’t fully out to stop a 3 there. Pike shoulda called timeout after the made free throw to get us set up or at least subbed so we get a dead ball. I know they didn’t have a timeout but i’d rather get us set up

Hyatt was getting lost in traffic most of the night. Palmquist was frequently late to close out. Reiber didn't belong out there at all. Slow on switches and recoveries. Dumb fouls.

Just not good defensively.

IDK Bac. I need to look at the stats but I thought were were pretty good with several steals and not allowing many second chance opportunities. Weren't good in the last couple of sequences but not sure garbage all night. We were just as bad with possession than with out in the last couple of minutes.

Complain about the defense. Garcia goes off. Mag would guard Garcia. Say Mag would have nothing to do with it

Insane logic to follow

Reactions: shields
Hyatt was getting lost in traffic most of the night. Palmquist was frequently late to close out. Reiber didn't belong out there at all. Slow on switches and recoveries. Dumb fouls.

Just not good defensively.
Those three guys are never good defensively. I thought Caleb guarded Battle well and Cliff was strong on the boards.

IDK Bac. I need to look at the stats but I thought were were pretty good with several steals and not allowing many second chance opportunities. Weren't good in the last couple of sequences but not sure garbage all night. We were just as bad with possession than with out in the last couple of minutes.

Minnesota was 45.8% from 3P and 50% from 2P.

even before the last 2 minutes.

complete garbage

and they fouled like crazy

RU did nothing to disrupt Minnesota

the so called RU defense gave up 75 to Minnesota a terrible offensive team....wrap your arms around that
I saw Cliff just move out of the way on a layup. But Cliff made up for it, but still

As usually you can’t control your emotions and start spewing nonsense. They gave up 60 points in 39 minutes. They Simple’s collapsed in the last minute.
Minnesota is an awful offensive team. RU never made the one stop earlier in the game that would break them. How about Paul standing there and letting a guy go in for that layup after the missed 3

It was a gut wrenching result for all RU fans. But our defense and deflections and steals were still occurring with 4 minutes left and 3 minutes left and 2 minutes, 30 seconds left. We stopped running offense with 4 minutes left, except dump down to Cliff. Paul throws up an airball and then has the most embarrassing last minutes for a senior I have ever seen. He throws the ball cross court and it gets stolen and they hit a 3. Why didn’t try to get it up quickly and let Cliff throw down some dunks and continue scoring ? Paul then let’s himself get trapped instead of getting the ball to the middle and then it gets knocked off his arm. Then with 9 seconds left they miss the 3 but guess what Paul forgets to box out or get rebound and guy gets rebound and put back to cut it to one.
Now Pike did not pressure or press as they kept on getting comfortable. Not only didn’t he press the ball with 5.8 , which let them get to almost half court but he switched Caleb onto to Cooper and off Battle and then Cam does the flybye , Why ? And gives up an open 3. Yeah Caleb missed a foul shot after the hard foul and one at 5.8 but hardly have anything to complain about his play tonight . Cam missed one with 30 seconds as well. But Paul ‘s play is hurting is right now. Other than a few clutch offensive rebounds , he lost his poise and that is unforgivable for a senior.
Such a shame since I thought we played real well for 37 minutes and we finally would have a wire to wire 10 point win making it 5-5 on the road and Cliff and Came with over 20 points each. It was going to be a happy recap and the double bye possibilities with 7 teams 11-8 going into the last game of the year was going to be amazing conversation . I still cannot believe it and have to stop writing but still in shock. BAC , I understand your reaction but you are a little over the top as there was a lot of good for 37 minutes tonight . One of our players failed badly and the last minute was horrific. MSU just had it happen to them too just last week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT