ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL FIRST ROUND BIG TEN TOURNAMENT PREDICTION THREAD: RUTGERS-MARYLAND

If you're going to mail it in on senior day, you're not going to perform in a 12-13 game. Conversely, Willard rested Julian Reese on Sunday to prepare for a Big 10 Tourney run. I like Maryland to beat RU and Wisconsin this week.

Maryland 67
Rutgers 53

A loss regardless of whether Reese plays or not. I’d be surprised if they show they even want to be there.

I’m really a positive person especially when it comes to my Rutgers but I’ve been so disappointed recently that I’m out of gas.

Rutgers - 58
Enemy - 69

The team that has a pulse on offense for more than ten minutes probably will win bye double digits.

Maryland 66 Rutgers 55

My prediction is this will be a 1-possession game that comes down to the final shot. I think these guys give us one more thing to cheer for this year !

Reactions: Scarlet83
FWIW, speculation out of Maryland is that Reese's "ankle injury" is actually him sitting out with intent to transfer. If that's the case, it stands to reason he won't play vs us either.

• Wow
Reactions: bac2therac
FWIW, speculation out of Maryland is that Reese's "ankle injury" is actually him sitting out with intent to transfer. If that's the case, it stands to reason he won't play vs us either.
It’s getting like the college football bowl games..yay for college sports. Hopefully, Jahmir Young will decide to transfer by tomorrow too.

Last edited:
Reactions: fatsam98
I hope to be pleasantly surprised but I fear this game will be 21-9 at the 10 minute mark and we’ll be down 11-13 at half. We make a run in second half to cut it to 1-2, but they pull away late to win 65-55. It’s been the script too often this season.

Reactions: RUJMM78
I predict we will miss many shots, but play good enough defense to keep us in the game. However, we will need to overcome a couple of scoring droughts if we are to pull this W out.

The better prediction is when will the daily 7 minute scoring drought occur.

We go out with a whimper.

Maryland 69
Rutgers 60
I’m modifying my prediction, as I heard Julian Reese could be out or limited with an ankle injury (he DNP in their game this past Sunday).

If Reese plays - MD 67, RU 62

If Reese DNP - RU 66, MD 60

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT