ADVERTISEMENT

The Ref and the RAC

I sit court side and the game was close to the end of the 2nd half and one of the refs told me on the time out that this is such a great environment and while looking at the crowd “this is what college basketball is all about”. Yes, the refs know that the RAC is back!
That's just awesome - thanks for sharing that - thought it was a well-refereed game...

The crowd was the 6th man for sure tonight. BTN had some off moments, but still managed to some off the cuff great comments. Wenzel talking by the RU bench was good, and Hobbs' affect went from a brutal death stare at a bad moment to looking just peachy thrilled when we came back.
At one point during the "come back" the BTN announcer said to Elmore something like hey, that was a whistle called by the ref, not that you can hear it in here.

Yeah, he was a killer on us early on. I think he’s coming around however! It’s a very tough job. There is a huge disparagy on fouls called on the home team vs visitors. ( even tonight) I think that’s why the home court advantage is so prevalent this year.

I got on the crowd early on tonight, but the fans played a huge part in the comeback.

RU doesn't get a W tonight if there was a sedate crowd of 5k in attendance

Wenzel kept saying how loud it got on the floor

The crowd noise doesn't always come off as well on TV as it is live. However, with Wenzel on the floor you could hear the struggle for him to be heard over the screaming at various points in the game. I thought that was pretty cool.

Yeah, he was a killer on us early on. I think he’s coming around however! It’s a very tough job. There is a huge disparagy on fouls called on the home team vs visitors. ( even tonight) I think that’s why the home court advantage is so prevalent this year.
Disparity

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT