ADVERTISEMENT

The schedule maker was

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Isn't that patently obvious at this point. The last 5 are the most difficult Rutgers stretch and perhaps the most difficult stretch in the country.If Rutgers had lost to Maryland at home and Penn State on the road on January 2 and 5 respectively, no one would have said a negative word. Not a chance. If Rutgers had Northwestern at home and Nebraska on the road in the last 5, there would be no panic.The schedule created rising expectations and an opportunity for a big fall at the end. With all that being said,Rutgers wins 2 more games and dances as a 9 seed.

In prior years,the issue was the schedule was too tough at the beginning of the conference sked. Can't have it both ways. 11 of our 13 opponents are damn good. Life in the conference this year! We need to take care of business. Result shortly TBD.

Reactions: Local Shill
This tough season with a young team will make us even better next year!
Difference between playing from first four out b/c schedule or being in field having to stumble. Have to to take current scenario.

So youre trying to say the schedule maker intentionally set up our schedule to hope we failed at the end just because? Interesting

Just wait til next year when 6 of our top 8-9 rotation will be all upperclassmen 2 seniors, 4 Juniors.

I agree Richard. I didn’t look at the schedule until penn state and was shocked at what I saw. I try very hard to take it one at a time because every game presents such a difficult challenge. However I blinked .. my thoughts were that based on the way were playing, the Michigan games would determine our fate.

I agree 2 wins gets us dancing. The problem is where’s the 2 wins coming from?

League is just really good. Every team has a rough 4-5 game stretch. Illinois just came off a MSU/Maryland/Iowa/Rutgers/PSU gauntlet. Only got one win in that stretch after winning 7 in a row.

Rutgers just happened to get a tough stretch at the end. This league is unforgiving.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Isn't that patently obvious at this point. The last 5 are the most difficult Rutgers stretch and perhaps the most difficult stretch in the country.If Rutgers had lost to Maryland at home and Penn State on the road on January 2 and 5 respectively, no one would have said a negative word. Not a chance. If Rutgers had Northwestern at home and Nebraska on the road in the last 5, there would be no panic.The schedule created rising expectations and an opportunity for a big fall at the end. With all that being said,Rutgers wins 2 more games and dances as a 9 seed.
I would not complain about the schedule as I think it has been the most favorable one in 5 years in the Big 10. Only one time with 2 straight road games and a number of times with 2 straight home games . A Tuesday/Wednesday game and a Saturday / Sunday game with few exceptions. I hope they do this every year.

Reactions: 1coastalknight
The schedule is a blessing. Our destiny vis a vis the NCAA tournament is in our hands. We do not have to worry about certain teams losing.

Reactions: soundcrib
the only problem with the schedule is we played caldwell. Switch that with an A-10 team or American team and it helps us.

We are in good shape. People had Purdue at 13-14(7-9) on the bubble up until saturday. We are fine. We need 1 more win over the next 4. home or away

2 of the final 4 games are against teams that are supposedly our rivals (PSU and MD). They are both the closest geographic schools. MD entered the B10 with Rutgers while PSU and RU have a history from the A10.

We were, during the Penn St. - Minnesota stretch our opponents shot 19/87 (22%) from three. Obviously just pure defensive effort there, defense was more than twice as bad against Wisconsin, what else could it be?

Reactions: IL Lusciato
We now start a graduate student, a senior and a junior. The young thing is a bit overblown.
Most of the wins came with the younger lineup. Since starting the grad student, senior and junior, it hasn't helped Rutgers in the win column.

All 4 sophomores have played a ton.
Yeah but we’d likely not have 9 wins under 72’s scenario. 3 of the 9 are against Northwestern and Nebraska.
I guess the other 6 B1G wins don't count? Illinois, Penn State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Minnesota, and Indiana are meaningless wins since they don't carry the same weight as Nebraska or Northwestern. :Laughing

You're overplaying "others" still have to play them. Several of the teams who still have to play one of them or the other probably have played both at least once. At this stage of the season, you're not playing a team for the first time. So, it's safe to say teams have wins against both already and those teams are going for a second win against one or both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT