ADVERTISEMENT

The Sky is not Falling

RUClassof67

All American
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
Good article which has an nice analysis of where we stand the rest of the way.

https://www.onthebanks.com/2019/2/1...oss-to-maryland-c-vivian-stringer-big-ten-rac

We are in decent shape to get a double bye in the B1G Tournament. We also have a favorable schedule the rest of the way and just have to beat the teams we should to get to 20 wins. Our RPI is still at 19 and obviously the poll voters understood that the loss to Maryland was not a bad loss.

Charlie Creme has us at a 6 seed with a decent draw in the sub-regional.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

here is the issue...it could be falling..remember last year, I am sure the posts where the same...now I believe RU has better rpi numbers than last year and the win over Maryland is way better than anything that happened last year....but if this team does not beat OSU all bets are off, they have road games at Indiana and OSU. Michigan as well as a home game vs Minny. Wisconsin is most likely a win at home. I do not think the schedule is all that favorable...these are the type of games this program has struggled with in the past.

Beat Ohio State and alot of the worry is over.

My concern is their mental state plain and simple. You just can't come out and score 2 points in a quarter.
I doubt (hope) that's an issue since they played Maryland even in the last 3 quarters. Our 2 starting guards average over 17 mpg combined and only scored 2. Can't see that happening again. I actually wonder if CC was not feeling well. A woman sitting behind me said that CC was ducking wind and that wasn't after a lot of playing time. That definitely wasn't the normal CC.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Just a reminder that RU did not get to play the Charlotte game. Odds are that RU would be sitting at 18 wins right now--perhaps making a 20-win season a closer target with less pressure. I wonder if the ranking/rating services took Charlotte out of the calculations for RU and vice versa.

Just a reminder that RU did not get to play the Charlotte game. Odds are that RU would be sitting at 18 wins right now--perhaps making a 20-win season a closer target with less pressure. I wonder if the ranking/rating services took Charlotte out of the calculations for RU and vice versa.
Teams only get into the rating system after you play them. So Charlotte is a non-issue.

Rutgers will still play the standard 29 game regular season. You get to add an extra game when you participate in most 3 game tournaments, so RU had 30 scheduled. Ohio State will only play 27, as they had 2 of their 29 games cancelled by the California wildfires.

Reactions: ea_1
The sky has crashed. They are a rudderless ship with no one steering the ship. Losing by 20 at home to a team with a dub 500 conference record that just lost by 26 to Iowa. This team will lose to Iowa by 40 the way they are playing. They can’t shoot simple layups, 3’s or jump shots. They fall apart against the zone and try to force passes that become turnovers. OSU had s tom of Turnovers and even that did not help. This team playing like the way they have the past few games will not win another game. They have to improve significantly to win another.

The sky has crashed. They are a rudderless ship with no one steering the ship. Losing by 20 at home to a team with a dub 500 conference record that just lost by 26 to Iowa. This team will lose to Iowa by 40 the way they are playing. They can’t shoot simple layups, 3’s or jump shots. They fall apart against the zone and try to force passes that become turnovers. OSU had s tom of Turnovers and even that did not help. This team playing like the way they have the past few games will not win another game. They have to improve significantly to win another.

There still is no explanation for the dramatic change in performance.Players that made shots before can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Reactions: Knight Time Fan
Good article which has an nice analysis of where we stand the rest of the way.

https://www.onthebanks.com/2019/2/1...oss-to-maryland-c-vivian-stringer-big-ten-rac

We are in decent shape to get a double bye in the B1G Tournament. We also have a favorable schedule the rest of the way and just have to beat the teams we should to get to 20 wins. Our RPI is still at 19 and obviously the poll voters understood that the loss to Maryland was not a bad loss.

Charlie Creme has us at a 6 seed with a decent draw in the sub-regional.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology
Sorry '67, but the sky is actually falling. That 6th seed was before the debacle last night. And I don't care if we have a favorable schedule the rest of the way. If these women can't overcome the mental part of their game and have lost total confidence we may not win another game the rest of the way and not even make the NCAA tourney never mind getting any decent seed. To lose on our floor by 20 points to a mediocre OSU team is inexcusable especially when one realizes that the loss to top 10 Maryland was our first loss at home in two years. Now we have two back to back losses at home. Sorry, but ever since the Indiana game, and with the loss of Jenkins, this team is so out of sorts, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win another game this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUJMM78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT