ADVERTISEMENT

There is nothing Eddie can do

kennyschiano

All Conference
Gold Member
May 12, 2005
Guys are open - they miss easy shots. Jack can't score and takes bad shots (broken record). They miss foul shots and layups.

how many more years til the Big 10 money comes in??

Eddie Jordan let the team down and the program down in so many ways. Maryland was off the charts bad finishing and knocking down open looks. If Maryland played their B game we lose by 30. The D for the 1st 30 minutes was atrocious. The guy who dives on the floor, was the best player in half 1, and the building block of the program was rewarded with a great 1st half wit 55 seconds of play.

If this program has ANY chance of succeeding under Jordan there has to be a complete reprogramming of what is expected from a rutgers player.

but at the end Rutgers tied it and then did their usual WTF stuff with Mack taking a WTF LOONG 3, Jack taking the WTF 3, MAck throwing the ball into the D, Jack missing from 5 ft in the lane, and Daniels just dropping the ball again driving the lane.

These guys do just enough to lose. I am not on Eddie tonight. Yes, not sure why Mike didn't get minutes other than Eddie saying this was M&J's last home game and just letting them finish it out..win or lose.

I don't know why Mack can't play 28 minutes. Before we went on the run he looked he played pick up basketball for 7 hours straight and was drained. His tank is on E! He was getting picked on and abused on the defensive end. It was so obvious he needed a blow. We were very fortunate trip after trip Maryland missed uncontested shots.

Big time players play big in big games. Mack and Jack shoot 5 for 23 in their last home game vs. #9 team.

Play hard tonight? Nice kids? Loyal kids? You bet. B1G players? Not exactly. But they will be sorely missed next season.

Lewis played well but missed two straight one and ones. Can't do that.

I can live with Mack's shooting, the indifference on the defensive end was disturbing for a player in his last home game.

Trimble shot 3-13 , mack gets no credit for that? Lloyd was giving him credit.

Greene

#5 the last two games showed me a lot

It's going to be a much different lockerroom next year

Originally posted by Scarlet Shack:
Greene

#5 the last two games showed me a lot

It's going to be a much different lockerroom next year
How in the world can he get a DNP in the 2nd half!!!!! I was and still am so angry.

Mike W is the man. The interfered-with breakaway layup happened because he full-on sprinted down the court to get ahead & give Bishop an angle to feed him. Sadly that sprint is an exception for this program. Hoping Mike is a catalyst for culture change. And when his shot starts falling, look out.

I thought MW & DJF each should've played more in the 2nd half.

Eddie had them competing and the team played hard and tough tonight. That's all I wanted to see this year. Not about wins...however too many games this year the team stopped competing or the coaching staff did a terrible job with gameprep and the game was over before they even hit the court.

Hopefully RU can give a spirited effort against a mediocre Michigan team, its winnable but I don't expect a win. Then perhaps pull off a 1st round win in the NCAA tourney. Nwestern is playing better but beatable and if its Nebby, they seem on a tailspin. RU can actually finish 13th if they beat Michigan and Penn State loses their last two.

Originally posted by bac2therac:

Eddie had them competing and the team played hard and tough tonight. That's all I wanted to see this year. Not about wins...however too many games this year the team stopped competing or the coaching staff did a terrible job with gameprep and the game was over before they even hit the court.

Hopefully RU can give a spirited effort against a mediocre Michigan team, its winnable but I don't expect a win. Then perhaps pull off a 1st round win in the NCAA tourney. Nwestern is playing better but beatable and if its Nebby, they seem on a tailspin. RU can actually finish 13th if they beat Michigan and Penn State loses their last two.
they coasted for 30 minutes and would have been down 30 if maryland wasn't ice cold.....fools gold staying in a game when your opponent is WIDE OPEN and clanking shot after shot.

Thought we played well tonight.

Jack could have gone 2-13 all season as far as I'm concerned if he would've dominated on the boards all year like he did tonight. In fact our rebounding was the reason we were in it. When you have to fight for your boards you can't run out and get easy baskets. Something that hurt us all season and was a component (not all, but part) of why our Opp FG% was poor. There were very few run outs tonight. College teams, as a rule, don't shoot well. And making teams play half court is always a positive. We did that tonight.

I am baffled at how Eddie doesn't get MW run in the 2nd half. Should have found a couple for DJ also. Shaq I can understand as Greg was really good and Kone got minutes tonight which changed up the rotation. I truly hope Eddie self analyzes this because his rotations are really poor.

I mentioned this too. Williams played great in the first half and did not get in the second half until 55 seconds remained. Why? Foreman played 7 minutes in the first half and never got off the bench in the second half. Why? He was our best player in our last game vs. Perdue scoring 15 points. Etou, Jack, Daniels and Mack all should have sat for a few minutes in the second half. Why they didn't I will never know. Puzzling?

Originally posted by knights1212:

I mentioned this too. Williams played great in the first half and did not get in the second half until 55 seconds remained. Why? Foreman played 7 minutes in the first half and never got off the bench in the second half. Why? He was our best player in our last game vs. Perdue scoring 15 points. Etou, Jack, Daniels and Mack all should have sat for a few minutes in the second half. Why they didn't I will never know. Puzzling?
I don't know why the OP is saying there is nothing Eddie can do. He could have given Etou, Jack, Daniels, Mack or Lewis a breather. They were on the floor most of the second half. They had no chance going against the fresh legs of Maryland.

Originally posted by 1984:
Originally posted by shields:

Foul shooting has to improve.
I think the team really thinks the shooting is supposed to be foul.
If players are playing 5-6 minute shifts OR are in better shape our FT% magically goes higher.

I'll bet we shoot 80%+ in practice.

Originally posted by Greene Rice FIG:

If players are playing 5-6 minute shifts OR are in better shape our FT% magically goes higher.

In general, players with better offensive skills are better foul shooters than those who have limited offensive skills.

Ergo, we don't shoot FTs well because.........

This post was edited on 3/4 11:01 AM by PatrickRU92

Originally posted by PatrickRU92:

In general, players with better offensive skills are better foul shooters than those who have limited offensive skills.

The WAC, Summit league and Big Sky have the best FT% and SWAC and American have the worst.

ACC and B12 are 25th and 26th out of 32.

3 point shooting is also very random.

The WAC, Summit league and Big Sky have the best FT% and SWAC and American have the worst.

ACC and B12 are 25th and 26th out of 32.

3 point shooting is also very random.
Find me a strong offensive team with a bunch of poor FT shooters and then you will have found an exception.

Yes Eddie can't play on the court but who gets the blame for not developing a bench? The players were gassed down the stretch because they had to log so many minutes. In a lost season like this why not more minutes for Williams and Foreman to develop? Why didn't Jack improve offfensively? Did anyone work with him to develop some post moves. Yes the coaches don't shoot, pass, dribble etc. but he manages substitutions, deveops a bench and coaches his players up. In that regard, I saw very little. Yes, not much was expected this season, but their were games to be had (Maryland last night, Michigan, some mid major home losses) that the team chummed on. Overall, the coaching staff undererformed.

Did you see they way Jack was bending his knees WAY down? He started that a few games ago IIRC. You're supposed to bend the knees a bit but no way you do you have any consitent shot with that approach. One clanks off the front rim, the next clanks off the back., the next is an air ball. He always seems to be experimenting with his shot. I give him credit for trying but I have no idea how he is so up and down.

Early in the season it was "his hand". Now I think it had nothing to do with that. I just think he makes everything harder than it needs to be..like most of them do.

if I gave you 2 30 team lists of schools. 1 that are in the top 30 and 1 in the bottom 30 you wouldn't know the difference.

Maryland only scored 60 points so lets not blame the defense.The game was lost at the foul line and the inability to finish plays around the basket.The team showed effort but simply failed to execute on offense.Maryland double teamed Mack or put a bigger defender on him which limited his open shots.Rutgers has MAC level talent at best so losing by only 10 points to a high ranked opponent is a major achievement.

Originally posted by RU-JMM78:

Maryland only scored 60 points so lets not blame the defense.The game was lost at the foul line and the inability to finish plays around the basket.The team showed effort but simply failed to execute on offense.Maryland double teamed Mack or put a bigger defender on him which limited his open shots.Rutgers has MAC level talent at best so losing by only 10 points to a high ranked opponent is a major achievement.
there were only 57 possessions and there were open looks all over the place.

Eddies offense creates open looks. If I were EJ I wouldsit down with 4 of the top recruits and show all the open shots they will get based on this past year and tell them.... If you can make half of these open looks, you will have a 20 win season.. Then if u guys have middle of the league ability, you'll win 3-5 more.

soda -- I think the problem is that there's no one on the RU staff with the connections or the juice to get into the room where the top recruits are sitting.

If Mike williams discovers the shot he was supposed to have these are the kids the program needs. Don't need Briscoe, etc.

I don't know why Mack can't play 28 minutes. Before we went on the run he looked he played pick up basketball for 7 hours straight and was drained. His tank is on E! He was getting picked on and abused on the defensive end. It was so obvious he needed a blow. We were very fortunate trip after trip Maryland missed uncontested shots.
@Greene Rice- I dont mean to troll you BUT look at Wisconsin's minutes last night.

Kaminsky 40 (didnt rest once)
Dekker-32
Hayes- 38
Gasser- 38
Koenig-37

It is not out of the norm for a coach to play their best players heavy minutes like this. In comparison, EJ isn't even close. Back to your point, i think this proves this is a strength and conditioning issue and not a substitutions issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT